HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where can Comrie really end up? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15199)

Chayos 09-28-2003 07:09 PM

Where can Comrie really end up?

While I can see there are a lot of people with similar views on what they would like tos ee for comrie, i don't see a lot of people looking at the other teams needs. I think doing a little more of the "REALISTIC" part of the trades would be better.

Realistically who needs a 1/2nd line center that is on the small side. Sure he has lots of upside, but no team is interested in having 2 small centers. I think that is the underlying reason for this trade from the oilers standpoint, They would rather keep York than Comrie. So team with smaller centers in their 1/2 slot can be discounted unless it is a center for center deal.

Teams unlikey to make a deal for Comrei

1) det-datsyuk is small too
2) Col- geez what do they need a center for
3) Dall- these teasm just do not trade.
4) Vcr- not much to interest the oil.
5) Cal- see dall
6) Minny-to many small centers now
7) Toronto- set at center right now
8) Buffalo- to many small centers now
9) St loius- set at center
10) NYR- set at center
11) NyI- set at center
12) NJ- to many small centers now unless gomez going the other way.
13) Carolina set at center
14) CBJ- set at center with to many small centers
15) MTl to many small centers
16) Ott- to much center depth now
17) TB- set at center
18) Philly set at center

So with that list done now we really have a better idea who would be interested in Comrie...

No pitkanen, Komasarek, Lundmark and many more. I think the best bets for deal is FLA,Ana,and Atlanta

Here are some things that might work from the standpoint of both teams.

To FLA Comrie, moreau(keenans typew of guy)

To Edm Krajicek, Hagman, Shidvki

To atl: Comrie

to Edm: Stefan and a 2nd

To anaheim Comrie

To Edm Chsitov( hey so maybe i am just wishing here! :)

Hey that is all i see maybe i am wrong but i doubt it'

Brownies 09-28-2003 07:14 PM

The Atlanta one would be interresting to work on... How much $$$ is Stefan making ??? He would fit in Edmonton...

FacelessButcher 09-28-2003 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownies
The Atlanta one would be interresting to work on... How much $$$ is Stefan making ??? He would fit in Edmonton...

he's making $1.15 this year and for the Florida one I think hagman and shidvki are available on waivers so u might want to take Moreau out of the deal(ALL EDMONTON PEOPLE STOP OFFERING MOREAU) and replace with a mid-late pick or someone not currently in the line-up

JeanValjean 09-28-2003 07:24 PM

I see BUF as a possibility with Tim Connelly going to EDM. Pure speculation. Seems like a potentially good fit for both squadrons.

Clash* 09-28-2003 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
To FLA Comrie, moreau(keenans typew of guy)

To Edm Krajicek, Hagman, Shidvki

You're not goin to get Krajicek out of Florida. Comrie doesn't bring the type of game either Dudley nor Keenan is lookin for. They're not goin to give a league wide top 10 prospect up for something they don't want. As I said in another post, Comrie is smaller than Weiss, and Weiss is likely to be headed to San Antonio for some seasoning. Comrie also doesn't play the defensive game Weiss does, so this deal is wouldn't happen.

Also, with Horton showin he wants to play for Keenan this year, Cullen playin a better all around game, and then guys like Nilson and Nederost who could play a third or fourth line center role, there'd be no place for Comrie on the roster.

andora 09-28-2003 07:51 PM

whatever poster keeps bringing up the stefan/exelby for comrie/? brings up a good idea IMO...

#37-#93-#27* 09-28-2003 07:57 PM

Atlanta and if Sather can get him for a cheap price provided that Comrie moves to the wing, I'm sure he'd be interested.

leaflover 09-28-2003 09:00 PM

I could see Comrie ending up in New Jersey maybe for Gomez.The team that could really use Comrie is Pittsburgh but they have little to offer that can help the oilers make a playoff run this season.I assume that Lowe will only send him to the eastern conference which cuts down on the potential trading partners.

FacelessButcher 09-28-2003 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaflover
I could see Comrie ending up in New Jersey maybe for Gomez.The team that could really use Comrie is Pittsburgh but they have little to offer that can help the oilers make a playoff run this season.I assume that Lowe will only send him to the eastern conference which cuts down on the potential trading partners.

Edmonton has always been a fast skating team and I think Konstantin Koltsov could get Edmonton interested in Pittsburgh I also think Comrie would be a great fit with the Penguins.

oilers_guy_eddie 09-29-2003 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaflover

I don't think it's a given that Lowe will only deal with the East.

And I don't think it's a necessity that he gets something that would help them make the playoffs this season, either. Realistically, the Oilers would be hard-pressed to make the playoffs even with Comrie (or any reasonable return) in the lineup. So does it really hurt the team any to think longer-term?

JasonMacIsaac 09-29-2003 05:08 AM

NJ has no need for Comrie, he wouldn't last a week under Burns.

FacelessButcher 09-29-2003 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
NJ has no need for Comrie, he wouldn't last a week under Burns.

correct, same for-
Phi has no need for Comrie, he wouldn't last a week under Hitchcock
Min does not want Comrie, he wouldn't last a week under Le maire

thome_26 09-29-2003 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
correct, same for-
Phi has no need for Comrie, he wouldn't last a week under Hitchcock
Min does not want Comrie, he wouldn't last a week under Le maire

As would just about every players a person would talk about that is young and scores. But if you think they wouldn't like him on their team your kidding. He'd take some coaching and it would be a lot of effort on behalf of the coaches, but trust me, they'd want to make it work.

hunter orange 09-29-2003 06:50 AM

I've been the proponent of the Comrie to Atlanta package for a long time now. Stefan has become something of a role player in Atlanta and will never realize the talent he has as a Thrasher. I'm not saying Stefan has been a bust, far from it actually. He just hasn't produced as much offensively as Atlanta has hoped. Change of scenery is much needed for this diamond in the ruff.

As much as I think Stefan will excel on the fast ice in Edmonton in between York and Dvorak (oh, baby), the real beauty from an Oil perspective is that Comrie has greater trade value. Lowe could and should insist on Exelby being part of the deal. Atlanta will likely want and deserve a decent 3rd line forward in the pot and I'd be happy to oblige.

Comrie & Pisani ------ for ------ Stefan & Exelby

or

Comrie & Chimera ------ for ------ Stefan, Exelby, 4th

or

Comrie & Rita ------ for ------ Stefan, Exelby, 3rd

Ajacied 09-29-2003 06:53 AM

We'll just trade for him once he reaches or is in his prime.. (Arnott, Guerin)..

Seriously.. I could see him going to Boston or either St.Louis (odd feeling, but these two teams just have a history of making blockbusters)..

Mizral 09-29-2003 07:01 AM

I think Stefan & Safronov for Comrie makes a lot of sense for the Oilers. Safronov I feel will be let go easier than Exelby by the Thrashers, and he may be more of Lowe's archtype player. Could be a good one if he breaks out in Edmonton.

hunter orange 09-29-2003 07:10 AM

I'd push and push and push some more for "X" if I were Lowe. Should Atlanta not budge, I might just do a Comrie for Stefan & Safronov -- as long as Edmonton did not have to add ANY other players or picks

...unless they want Salo.

dashripper 09-29-2003 07:21 AM

I heard a rumour of Comrie to Chicago for Arnason. Take it for what it's worth. :rolly:

Top Corner 09-29-2003 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownies

I mention a couple of times on various boards that Atl./Edm had a deal at draft time Comrie for #8. At the last moment it fell through because
Atl wanted horcroft also.

I was at a golf tournament with an Edm Scout.

And as I keep telling people, you can doubt it if you want to but this is FACT.

Atl. seems the most interested but I think they got wind of the selfish tag and are less likely to move a valuable commodity for a potential problem. Unless it's a problem for problem transaction

Lanny MacDonald* 09-29-2003 07:32 AM

Was that before or after the signing of Marc Savard? I just can't see a team in the NHL having two centers so alike. It just doesn't make sense. Unless Atlanta could find a suitor for Savard I think the interest in Comrie died the minute Savard was signed. Plus, Savard is a helluva lot cheaper than Comrie and equally as effective.

officeglen 09-29-2003 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
Was that before or after the signing of Marc Savard? I just can't see a team in the NHL having two centers so alike. It just doesn't make sense. Unless Atlanta could find a suitor for Savard I think the interest in Comrie died the minute Savard was signed. Plus, Savard is a helluva lot cheaper than Comrie and equally as effective.

Still got to think that the Thrashers are a good fit for Comrie. Marc Savard doesn't belong in the same sentence - just look at what Savard was obtained for and what Comrie may go for.

Kovalchuk-Comrie-Heatley would be a killer line. Atlanta is willing to move a D, and could move Stefan. If I were the Thrashers I would offer Stefan and Tjarnqvist for Comrie, while if they wanted Savard and a pick instead of Stefan (as if) I would be thrilled to cooperate.

Edit: Btw Comrie is a bad fit for Ottawa - he wouldn't last a week under Chara.

oilers_guy_eddie 09-29-2003 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
Marc Savard doesn't belong in the same sentence - just look at what Savard was obtained for and what Comrie may go for.

er...

While I'm hopeful that Comrie brings a better return than Savard did, this line of logic doesn't exactly...

uh...

:dunno:

you were being self-referential and sarcastic, right?

officeglen 09-29-2003 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
you were being self-referential and sarcastic, right?

Me, self-referential and sarcastic? Hit the bullseye. Ouch.

Voynich 09-29-2003 08:14 AM

I can definitely see some interest from the Atlanta end. Earlier, around the draft I think, DW expressed interest in Moreau. As much as I like Exelby, and would hate to move him, I could see a deal like:

Atlanta: Comrie & Moreau
Edmonton: Stefan & Exelby & pick (3rd/4th rounder?)

I'd be much more inclined to include Safronov or Foster since they don't figure to get much playing time in Atlanta this year but still have a lot of potential. Or Tjarnqvist if there is any interest in him.

How about:

Atlanta: Comrie & Moreau
Edmonton: Stefan & Foster/Safronov/Tjarnqvist & 2nd round pick

Or maybe one of the veteran D-men with salary paid? Tamer or Tremblay with Atlanta picking up 1/2 of their salary?

IGM 09-29-2003 08:18 AM

I am extremely curious to see where and what Comrie goes and brings. I like the Stefan/Ex trade idea. I think that it would make the Oil allot stronger than they are with a happy Comrie in the line up and even if he was already signed and playing would make that deal. (The one that sends Comrie and either of the third liners mentioned although I would preffer Chimera).

Comrie is twice as good as Savard, look at their numbers. Not saying that Savard is a load but he isn't the same quality of player that I think Comrie is. (we are all allowed our own opinions)

Stefan keeps getting better and won't really get his shot in Atl at becoming a top six scoring forward. He is fastly becomming a scoring third line D type of center there and I think that on the Oil he might become allot more. Ex is a great player who would fit the Oils system. Com and Chim would both make the Atl allot better right now and give them two great young centers that are both more than capable of getting 60 points per season (allot more in DH's case) while playing really good in thier own ends.

I like this deal for both teams, that is why it will never happen.