HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Time to rebuild..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1520941)

04' hockey 10-21-2013 10:45 AM

Time to rebuild.....
 
AND be patient, please don't trade one of the young kids for a 30 yr old who's probably on the downside of their peaks. It's gonna be a tough next 3 or 4 yrs. but can't the Flyers please do this the right way ? No more lateral moves Mr Snider and Homer, let's plan for the long haul..... :clap:
You're "we don't know what rebuilding is" hasn't worked :help:
:shakehead

orange is better 10-21-2013 11:02 AM

What you're describing is more just being patient in general. A rebuild would suggest that we were gutting the team and starting over

FlyersFanz 10-21-2013 11:18 AM

C'mon guys, I know the Flyers haven't had a stellar start to the season but once the offense starts clicking this team will be closer to the top of the standings. Flyers goaltending and D has looked pretty good they just need to score some goals. Hopefully the Flyers will use the game vs Rangers on Thurs to bounce back because the Rangers aren't doing a whole lot better than the Flyers.\
Fingers crossed.;)

Megadelphia 10-21-2013 11:20 AM

Snider would never allow a rebuild. He's almost 81 and doesn't have the time for one.

Beef Invictus 10-21-2013 11:32 AM

We already rebuilt in 2011. All that's left is the patience phase.

JDinkalage Morgoone 10-21-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 72989423)
We already rebuilt in 2011. All that's left is the patience phase.

More rebuilds! MORE We need NEW PLAYERS

zarley zelepukin 10-21-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 72989423)
We already rebuilt in 2011. All that's left is the patience phase.

This. I'm not sure if it's what the Flyers meant to do, but it shouldn't have been impossible to see that there would be growing pains coming.

JustJim 10-21-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey (Post 72987583)
AND be patient, please don't trade one of the young kids for a 30 yr old who's probably on the downside of their peaks. It's gonna be a tough next 3 or 4 yrs. but can't the Flyers please do this the right way ? No more lateral moves Mr Snider and Homer, let's plan for the long haul..... :clap:
You're "we don't know what rebuilding is" hasn't worked :help:
:shakehead

Many years ago the Toronto Maple Leafs owner/chairman was an old man named Harold Ballard. Mr. Ballard had his side kick by his side constantly, his team president ( former player and coach King Clancey). The team went nowhere, and continued the same style of play which was out-moded by time and faster players.
The current Flyers are being ran the same way as Mr. Ballard and King Clancey used to run the Leafs.

The current Harold Ballard is Snider, and Bob Clarke is like King Clancey.

If the Flyers are to go into a rebuilding phase, the first move would be to remove both of those men from any operating positions. They are redundant. Their style of hockey is many years behind the present style in the league.
Putting Cheif in charge behind the bench is similar to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic under Snider's rule. I am not even mentioning the current buffoon who is Snider's GM. Holmgren is very much like Charlie McCarthy while Snider is like Edgar Bergen.....a frigging puppet to a bad ventriloquist.

I feel bad for Cheif , Lappy, and John Paddock. If they had leaders above them who were capable of acquiring better team players through free agency, trades, and the draft, then they would probably look like genius's. Now the poor guys are under the scrutiny of the Flyers Nation as well as the un-knowledgable, moronic Philadelphia sports media.

The Titanic is sinking, the players are squeezing their sticks so tight that they're becoming saw dust in their hands, and the fans are getting even more frustrated by the minute.

Hiesenberg 10-21-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJim (Post 72993305)
Many years ago the Toronto Maple Leafs owner/chairman was an old man named Harold Ballard. Mr. Ballard had his side kick by his side constantly, his team president ( former player and coach King Clancey). The team went nowhere, and continued the same style of play which was out-moded by time and faster players.
The current Flyers are being ran the same way as Mr. Ballard and King Clancey used to run the Leafs.

The current Harold Ballard is Snider, and Bob Clarke is like King Clancey.

If the Flyers are to go into a rebuilding phase, the first move would be to remove both of those men from any operating positions. They are redundant. Their style of hockey is many years behind the present style in the league.
Putting Cheif in charge behind the bench is similar to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic under Snider's rule. I am not even mentioning the current buffoon who is Snider's GM. Holmgren is very much like Charlie McCarthy while Snider is like Edgar Bergen.....a frigging puppet to a bad ventriloquist.

I feel bad for Cheif , Lappy, and John Paddock. If they had leaders above them who were capable of acquiring better team players through free agency, trades, and the draft, then they would probably look like genius's. Now the poor guys are under the scrutiny of the Flyers Nation as well as the un-knowledgable, moronic Philadelphia sports media.

The Titanic is sinking, the players are squeezing their sticks so tight that they're becoming saw dust in their hands, and the fans are getting even more frustrated by the minute.

The only person who can remove Snider is the Grim Reaper

FreshPerspective 10-21-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiesenberg (Post 72993407)
The only person who can remove Snider is the Grim Reaper

I heard Snider paid him off....:sarcasm:

Beef Invictus 10-21-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin (Post 72992645)
This. I'm not sure if it's what the Flyers meant to do, but it shouldn't have been impossible to see that there would be growing pains coming.

The team overperforming per expectations immediately after the trades has likely skewed how people thought the flying rebuild would go.

moosehead81 10-21-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt (Post 72994029)
I heard Snider paid him off....:sarcasm:

Good one! But seriously, Snider would never ever allow Holmgren to trade or dispose of any player assets that came their way in the Richards-Carter fiasco, or in the JVR/Bobrovsky moves (not that I'm completely aware of who they were). To do so would represent a statement of failure in these moves. Secondly, Timmonen is in the last year of a $6,000,000 contract and Hartnell's basically being overpaid til 2019. Although Kimmo may offer some play-off bound team some defensive stability come the trade dead-line, there's really no-one left that is of a high level and disposable. I would expect Giroux is basically untouchable at this point although, with these clowns, who knows.

My point is that there's nothing to rebuild with- what this team needs is a little more patience and although the "win now" is commendable, it hasn't won anything, as far as I'm concerned.

lancer247 10-21-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 72989423)
We already rebuilt in 2011. All that's left is the patience phase.

Exactly. This is the rebuilding.
Four of the top six are 25 and under.
The 3rd line center is 20. The goalie is 25 and they have four defensive prospects the are looking a year or two away.

This is the friggin' rebuild.

Garbage Goal 10-21-2013 04:20 PM

This is probably one of the few times a retool makes more sense then a rebuild.

jd2210 10-21-2013 04:34 PM

retool only.

Ryker 10-21-2013 05:14 PM

Rebuilding is for suckers. It's being lazy, throwing your arms up and saying you give up and go for the easier "solution" of starting fresh. We've got enough good pieces in place not to need a rebuild, but changes obviously need to be made. Like others have mentioned, though, we should be in phase that resembles retooling right now anyway.

LegionOfDoom91 10-21-2013 05:28 PM

Yeah I'm on board with the retooling solution specifically through the draft.

Dirty but Good 10-21-2013 05:30 PM

Trade Samuel Morin, Matt Read, 2014 1st round pick, 2015 1st round pick for Zdeno Chara

Bonus: Don't even have the hassle of signing Chara to a ridiculous contract extension into his mid 40s

04' hockey 10-21-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewcrew8 (Post 73003069)
Trade Samuel Morin, Matt Read, 2014 1st round pick, 2015 1st round pick for Zdeno Chara

Bonus: Don't even have the hassle of signing Chara to a ridiculous contract extension into his mid 40s

Jesus H Christ :eek: don't give Homer any ideas :amazed:

CS 10-21-2013 07:24 PM

FORWARDS
Giroux (25)
Simmonds (25)
Voracek (24)
Raffl (24)
Rinaldo (23)
McGinn (23)
Akeson (23)
Schenn (22)
Noebels (21)
Couturier (20)
Cousins (20)
Laughton (19)
Leier (19)

DEFENSEMEN
Gustafsson (24)
Lauridsen (24)
Schenn (23)
Manning (23)
Gostisbehere (20)
Vasiliev (19)
Larsson (19)
Willcox (19)
Morin (18)
Hagg (18)

GOALTENDERS
Mason (25)
Stolarz (19)


...keep calm...and carry on...

hckyplayer8 10-21-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS (Post 73008697)
FORWARDS
Giroux (25)
Simmonds (25)
Voracek (24)
Raffl (24)
Rinaldo (23)
McGinn (23)
Akeson (23)
Schenn (22)
Noebels (21)
Couturier (20)
Cousins (20)
Laughton (19)
Leier (19)

DEFENSEMEN
Gustafsson (24)
Lauridsen (24)
Schenn (23)
Manning (23)
Gostisbehere (20)
Vasiliev (19)
Larsson (19)
Willcox (19)
Morin (18)
Hagg (18)

GOALTENDERS
Mason (25)
Stolarz (19)


...keep calm...and carry on...

Unless Lauridsen develops nicely, that list lacks a #1 D.

Its extremely young and deep at the blue line, but an issue we have had since 2011 remains a problem with the above roster.

CS 10-21-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 (Post 73008963)
Unless Lauridsen develops nicely, that list lacks a #1 D.

Its extremely young and deep at the blue line, but an issue we have had since 2011 remains a problem with the above roster.

Seems to me that our problem is scoring at the moment.

LegionOfDoom91 10-21-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 (Post 73008963)
Unless Lauridsen develops nicely, that list lacks a #1 D.

Its extremely young and deep at the blue line, but an issue we have had since 2011 remains a problem with the above roster.

Having a number 1 is nice but you can still have a good defense without one.

The problem with the Flyers is that there isn't a good balance between offense & defense on the backend. Schenn, Coburn, & Grossmann are virtually useless in the offensive zone. Timonen, Streit, Gus, & Mez are more offensive oriented but none of them are really anything to write home about at this point in their careers & most of that is due to age or wear & tear.

Basically to keep it short we lack skill on our backend.

hckyplayer8 10-21-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS (Post 73009113)
Seems to me that our problem is scoring at the moment.

Ok. Lets fast forward a couple weeks from now and say our forwards start producing ( like we know they will start to); our biggest team weakness will be at the blue line.

I like Gus and Schenn. I want them to play more minutes than Mez and Colburn.

However lets face it, they are nowhere near the caliber of a Pronger or Desjardins.

That's an issue when looking forward.

04' hockey 10-21-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 73002987)
Yeah I'm on board with the retooling solution specifically through the draft.

Can you imagine the calls Homer's getting for our #1 next year :amazed:

I'm telling you he's gonna piss it away for very short term gain :help:

:facepalm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.