HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton at Montreal - Tuesday Oct. 22, 7:30 PM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1520995)

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 12:24 PM

Edmonton at Montreal - Tuesday Oct. 22, 7:30 PM

I like having a thread for the game, even if the game is a day away..

These were the lines at practice:

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Desharnais - Bourque
Blunden - White - Holland

Defense is the same

Price will be in nets.

List of injured players:

Murray, Parros, Drewiske, Pacioretty, Emelin, Brière and Prust.

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 12:27 PM

And just a thought, what do you guys think about changing the title of the GDTs to show the score and have a mod update it as the game goes? Just putting it out there...

Habster33 10-21-2013 12:28 PM

Jesus.. That injury list makes me want to cry!!!

I'm glad to see that Bournival will get his chance in a offensive role. I really like what I see from him

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habster33 (Post 72991657)
Jesus.. That injury list makes me want to cry!!!

I'm glad to see that Bournival will get his chance in a offensive role. I really like what I see from him

Renaud Lavoie reported that he'll play on the PP unit too.

Halifaxhab* 10-21-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 72991465)
I like having a thread for the game, even if the game is a day away..

These were the lines at practice:

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Desharnais - Bourque
Blunden - White - Holland

Defense is the same

Price will be in nets.

List of injured players:

Murray, Parros, Drewiske, Pacioretty, Emelin, Brière and Prust.

Bournival getting a real shot offensively? Good for him. And I hope that Moen and Bourque can get DD going. DD has shown some good flashes here and there, but he needs to produce to earn that contract.

And GEEZ! look at that injury list. That hurts.

sharks9 10-21-2013 12:47 PM

Edmonton's been better the last few games, won't be as easy a win as last week.

MasterDecoy 10-21-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks9 (Post 72992321)
Edmonton's been better the last few games, won't be as easy a win as last week.

just stick a line of plek bork and gionta, a shutdown line to RNH's line and that team goes nowhere as long as you don't give them tons of powerplay attempt

also hall is injured iirc

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 12:55 PM

Edmonton's lineup Saturday night, I don't know if we can expect changes:

Hall - Arcobello - Perron
Yakupov - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Smyth - Gordon - Hemsky
Jones - Acton - Brown

Smid - Petry
Belov - J.Schultz
Ference - N.Schultz

Dubnyk

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 72992593)
just stick a line of plek bork and gionta, a shutdown line to RNH's line and that team goes nowhere as long as you don't give them tons of powerplay attempt

also hall is injured iirc

You're right, Hall's injured.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=434669

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 01:06 PM

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 31s
Both Eberle and Smyth are day-to-day and the #Oilers have recalled winger Tyler Pitlick from the AHL's @OKCBarons.

You can see by all my activity on this thread how busy I am at work :laugh:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* 10-21-2013 01:34 PM

Price vs Dubnyk, don't lose that game please

jpchabby 10-21-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 72993017)
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 31s
Both Eberle and Smyth are day-to-day and the #Oilers have recalled winger Tyler Pitlick from the AHL's @OKCBarons.

You can see by all my activity on this thread how busy I am at work :laugh:

Indeed :laugh: I think you have 8 of the first 10 posts or something :p

I'm sure someone's gonna call for a stupid reason very soon :laugh:

Bobby G 10-21-2013 01:47 PM

Man our injuries are awful right now.

Oilers started the season without their top 2 centers (RNH and Gagner) and are now without Gagner and Hall

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby G (Post 72994585)
Man our injuries are awful right now.

Oilers started the season without their top 2 centers (RNH and Gagner) and are now without Gagner and Hall

And Smyth and Eberle looks like.

Azriel 10-21-2013 02:14 PM

After looking at that injury list... goes to show you how Leblanc is an idiot.

Instead of pouting because mommy didn't give him his toy, he should've burnt the AHL. He would've been one of the first few callups (how many so far?) and had a real chance.

What a tool.

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpchabby (Post 72994241)
Indeed :laugh: I think you have 8 of the first 10 posts or something :p

I'm sure someone's gonna call for a stupid reason very soon :laugh:

Just as you say it, two stupid calls back to back.

Dagistitsyn 10-21-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azriel (Post 72995629)

Instead of pouting because mommy didn't give him his toy, he should've burnt the AHL. He would've been one of the first few callups (how many so far?) and had a real chance.

What a tool.

:laugh:

You think he's not trying?

He's just not that good..

A1 10-21-2013 02:31 PM

Wow anyone want to trade 4 tickets in the white for 4 tickets for a later game when all our players arent injured?

Habsawce 10-21-2013 02:41 PM

I'm not a fan of those practice lines, ugh. This is what I would like to see:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Holland-Bournival-Moen
White-Desharnais-Blunden

overlords 10-21-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 72991633)
And just a thought, what do you guys think about changing the title of the GDTs to show the score and have a mod update it as the game goes? Just putting it out there...

1) lol no

2) we'd get tracked down and murdered by anyone who wasn't up to date with the game yet or PVR'ing it for later. This is why h10h went into hiding for over a year.

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 72996767)
1) lol no

2) we'd get tracked down and murdered by anyone who wasn't up to date with the game yet or PVR'ing it for later. This is why h10h went into hiding for over a year.

Hadn't thought of that lol :baghead:

Haaabs 10-21-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azriel (Post 72995629)

What a tool.

I watched the Bulldogs vs Marlies game yesterday, albeit not very closely. I wish AHL reported time on ice stats, because to me it seemed like Leblanc was in the dog house and played something like 4-5 shifts all game. He was probably the least used forward on the team.

It bothers me that we're not giving this kid ice time to get him in gear. Last year he was recovering from an ankle injury and sucked. This year he's being punished for last year.

Its hard to do anything when you play 4th liner minutes and your team is never in possession of the puck. Not used on the PP or on the PK.

Don't know really. He was alright with the Habs 2 years ago, regressed last year due to an ankle injury and is in the dog house this year.

I would've called him up instead of Blunden. We already know what Blunden can do. Give Leblanc a chance to step up or get rid of him.

SephF 10-21-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 72994665)
And Smyth and Eberle looks like.

Eberle was off last practice as well for a "maintenance day" I think he'll be back against Montreal. Wouldn't be surprised if Smyth just needed a rest.

Azriel 10-21-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haaabs (Post 72996823)
I watched the Bulldogs vs Marlies game yesterday, albeit not very closely. I wish AHL reported time on ice stats, because to me it seemed like Leblanc was in the dog house and played something like 4-5 shifts all game. He was probably the least used forward on the team.

It bothers me that we're not giving this kid ice time to get him in gear. Last year he was recovering from an ankle injury and sucked. This year he's being punished for last year.

Its hard to do anything when you play 4th liner minutes and your team is never in possession of the puck. Not used on the PP or on the PK.

Don't know really. He was alright with the Habs 2 years ago, regressed last year due to an ankle injury and is in the dog house this year.

I would've called him up instead of Blunden. We already know what Blunden can do. Give Leblanc a chance to step up or get rid of him.

Think about why he's in the dog house though. Could it have to do with the following:

1-He's been pouting since being sent back
2-Not giving the effort a player in his situation should show.
3-Not showing the trait of character we would like to have from a player in his situation.

I don't know for you but I would not like to have someone like this on my team.

ZARTONK 10-21-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SephF (Post 72997073)
Eberle was off last practice as well for a "maintenance day" I think he'll be back against Montreal. Wouldn't be surprised if Smyth just needed a rest.

Ah OK, I looked for info on your board and took what I could find. Thanks.