HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Greg Pateryn recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1522283)

Jee 10-23-2013 01:27 PM

Greg Pateryn recalled
 
From Renaud

https://twitter.com/LavoieRenaud/sta...81180951957504

Quote:

Originally Posted by @LavoieRenaud
Canadiens recall Greg Pateryn. It will be made official later today


Seb 10-23-2013 01:28 PM

Any credible source?

Jee 10-23-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 73104851)
Any credible source?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...ng-Oh-Snap.gif

overlords 10-23-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 73104851)
Any credible source?

I see what you did there.

ThaDevilGirl 10-23-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 73104851)
Any credible source?

Ha. Good job.

JLP 10-23-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 73104851)
Any credible source?

I'm noticing a patteryn here...

Ezpz 10-23-2013 01:43 PM

Tinordi demotion makes sense now.

ZARTONK 10-23-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 73104851)
Any credible source?

Heyoo!

Avengers* 10-23-2013 01:47 PM

Won't hurt to try him when have you scrubs like blunden and desharnais playing.

Lebowski 10-23-2013 01:48 PM

I kinda like Pateryn. He could be that underrated prospect that ends up being the steady, unnoticeable, reliable minute-eating defenseman we've been looking for.

Watsatheo 10-23-2013 01:49 PM

Am I the only one who sees Pateryn as possible trade bait in the near future? :dunno:

disturbedraven 10-23-2013 01:51 PM

Looking forward to see what he can do after getting off to a decent start in Hamilton. Hopefully he can add some stability to our lower tier D

ZARTONK 10-23-2013 01:52 PM

He who must not be named is claiming that Montreal made an offer to Gagne for 1 year, 700K.

overlords 10-23-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 73105861)
He who must not be named is claiming that Montreal made an offer to Gagne for 1 year, 700K.

Whiskey Seven isn't that bad....

shakenbake7 10-23-2013 01:54 PM

Does he remind anyone else of a poor man's Roman Hamrlik?

NobleSix 10-23-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 73105747)
Am I the only one who sees Pateryn as possible trade bait in the near future? :dunno:

Very possible. If he does go, hopefully he isnt the only one. The time has come to move some dead weight at the deadline for something, rather than letting these vets walk.

ZARTONK 10-23-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 73105937)
Whiskey Seven isn't that bad....

Instead of using e1, e2, e3, e4 and e5 like a normal person, he always uses w7, I get so confused!!

Lebowski 10-23-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 73105747)
Am I the only one who sees Pateryn as possible trade bait in the near future? :dunno:

Nothing's impossible, but I don't think he holds much value. He's the type of prospect that you should hang on to in case he becomes a late bloomer la Josh Gorges.

BRAD HABSFAN 10-23-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski (Post 73106203)
Nothing's impossible, but I don't think he holds much value. He's the type of prospect that you should hang on to in case he becomes a late bloomer la Josh Gorges.

I would take a younger Gorges in a heartbeat. #26 left alot of heart on the ice for average teams.. and a few good teams. Thats the kind of dman you keep. Steady, solid, heart and soul type

Lebowski 10-23-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAD HABSFAN (Post 73106393)
I would take a younger Gorges in a heartbeat. #26 left alot of heart on the ice for average teams.. and a few good teams. Thats the kind of dman you keep. Steady, solid, heart and soul type

Don't kid yourself... Gorges was an unknown when we got him in the Rivet deal. I doubt any single Habs fan thought he'd become one of our top 4 for years to come when the deal went down.

Video Coach 10-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski (Post 73106547)
Don't kid yourself... Gorges was an unknown when we got him in the Rivet deal. I doubt any single Habs fan thought he'd become one of our top 4 for years to come when the deal went down.

No, he didn't look like it in that first 1/2 season and he couldn't seem to get and stay in the lineup. But obviously the organization saw something in him...maybe they know something about Drewiskie that we don't...

As for Pateryn, I like him. I think his upside is more like steady bottom pairing guy that brings a simple, but physical game. He looked good enough last year, anxious to see how he looks now.

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Dias
Bouillon - Pateryn

Boy, do we have a lot of d out.

MonkeyBusiness 10-23-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avengers (Post 73105635)
Won't hurt to try him when have you scrubs like blunden and desharnais playing.

You sure know your prospects.

Stoneburg 10-23-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski (Post 73106547)
Don't kid yourself... Gorges was an unknown when we got him in the Rivet deal. I doubt any single Habs fan thought he'd become one of our top 4 for years to come when the deal went down.

No, I don't think many had that expectation, but Gorges was top 4 in ice time on Sharks, and their fans were raving about him. So we were intrigued.

Chris Cutter 10-23-2013 03:07 PM

Won't hurt us to have him play with Bouillon on the bottom pair. He's a RHD compared to Beaulieu and Tinordi so it will be easier for him to play his game.

HCH 10-23-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 73105747)
Am I the only one who sees Pateryn as possible trade bait in the near future? :dunno:

Hopefully you are :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.