HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part IV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1523077)

Classic Devil 10-24-2013 01:31 PM

General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part IV
 
Continue

PADevil3034 10-24-2013 02:03 PM

If it meant dumping Volchenkov, I would definitely take Goligoski.

ThePSEGPowerPoster 10-24-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PADevil3034 (Post 73156539)
If it meant dumping Volchenkov, I would definitely take Goligoski.

Doubt it. Lou gave away a NMC like it was candy. A-Train isn't going anywhere unless it's a Stanley Cup Contender because he has no other reason to waive it.

KaossKing 10-24-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PADevil3034 (Post 73156539)
If it meant dumping Volchenkov, I would definitely take Goligoski.

yes.

Bleedred 10-24-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster (Post 73156629)
Doubt it. Lou gave away a NMC like it was candy. A-Train isn't going anywhere unless it's a Stanley Cup Contender because he has no other reason to waive it.

Or a buyout next year.

Please god.

KaossKing 10-24-2013 02:13 PM

why would a Cup contender want Volch? surely they intend to win the Cup lol

ThePSEGPowerPoster 10-24-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaossKing (Post 73157019)
why would a Cup contender want Volch? surely they intend to win the Cup lol

That's my point. They won't.

Volch gets paid no matter where he goes. So why would he move his family elsewhere if he wasn't given incentive to do so? Like winning a Cup?

We're stuck with him.

bige14 10-24-2013 02:16 PM

No one will take Volch and he probably won't waive. Please buy him out...

trufleshufle13 10-24-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bige14 (Post 73157167)
No one will take Volch and he probably won't waive. Please buy him out...

I can't see a player saying no when asked to waive it. Thats besides the point cause no one would take him unless we retained.

But I would be interested to hear some stories of guys saying no when asked if they could be traded.

Karus 10-24-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trufleshufle13 (Post 73157731)
I can't see a player saying no when asked to waive it. Thats besides the point cause no one would take him unless we retained.

But I would be interested to hear some stories of guys saying no when asked if they could be traded.

Langenbrunner comes to my mind.

ThePSEGPowerPoster 10-24-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karus (Post 73158251)
Langenbrunner comes to my mind.

When Lango was Captain Mutiny or whatever you want to call him he was incorrigible.

KaossKing 10-24-2013 02:44 PM

whats the point in an NTC if noone ever says no to waiving

trufleshufle13 10-24-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaossKing (Post 73158477)
whats the point in an NTC if noone ever says no to waiving

I know it gives them power to choose.

They can and I believe for the most part say yes, but with the power to pick what team they will go to.

KaossKing 10-24-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trufleshufle13 (Post 73159315)
I know it gives them power to choose.

They can and I believe for the most part say yes, but with the power to pick what team they will go to.

thats still agreeing to waive though, just with a choice of team. theres gotta be players out there on NTC's who would never agree to be traded anywhere

ThePSEGPowerPoster 10-24-2013 03:12 PM

Any of our Home$ick guys who had mommy issues and are now home would likely refuse to waive NMC.

trufleshufle13 10-24-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaossKing (Post 73159471)
thats still agreeing to waive though, just with a choice of team. theres gotta be players out there on NTC's who would never agree to be traded anywhere

I know, and thats what I would be interested to hear about.

I know langenbrunner said no at first then chose to go to Dallas.

Teams probably don't publicize the fact that a team doesn't want a player and the player won't go away though until after the fact very often though.

NJDevs26 10-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karus (Post 73158251)
Langenbrunner comes to my mind.

Yeah him and basically everyone the Leafs gave no-trades to in the early-mid '00's all refused to waive :laugh:

Iginla also refused to waive for Boston last year too, though he was more or less choosing to go to Pittsburgh.

NJDevs26 10-24-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaossKing (Post 73157019)
why would a Cup contender want Volch? surely they intend to win the Cup lol

So you're saying the Devils aren't a Cup contender?! :laugh: :cry:

trufleshufle13 10-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevs26 (Post 73159959)
Yeah him and basically everyone the Leafs gave no-trades to in the mid '00's :laugh:

Iginla also refused to waive for Boston last year too, though he was more or less choosing to go to Pittsburgh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3263324

Yea I just found this one,


Quote:

"I cannot leave my teammates and join another NHL club at this time," Sundin added. "I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June. I hope everyone will understand and respect my decision."



thats gotta be really weird when seeing the higher ups.



http://www.gurl.com/wp-content/uploa...wkward-gif.gif

NJDevs26 10-24-2013 03:29 PM

Kiprusoff also didn't waive last year when the Flames wanted to trade him to Toronto.

Brodeur 10-24-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trufleshufle13 (Post 73157731)
But I would be interested to hear some stories of guys saying no when asked if they could be traded.

Never found 100% confirmation of this, but allegedly we had a trade in place to acquire Teemu Selanne (and possibly Marco Sturm and Mike Ricci) in exchange for Scott Gomez and Oleg Tverdovsky. Selanne was an impending UFA, but apparently used his NTC to block the deal. Reportedly it was more that Teemu didn't want to leave California at that point rather than anything he didn't like about the Devils. In recent years when the Ducks out of the playoff picture, it seemed like Selanne had little interest in being a rental player.

Recently you had Heatley using his NTC to block a trade to Edmonton. Ottawa would have received Dustin Penner, Andrew Cogliano, and Ladislav Smid. Eventually they dealt him to San Jose for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo, and a 2nd.

Bleedred 10-24-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 73161489)
Never found 100% confirmation of this, but allegedly we had a trade in place to acquire Teemu Selanne (and possibly Marco Sturm and Mike Ricci) in exchange for Scott Gomez and Oleg Tverdovsky. Selanne was an impending UFA, but apparently used his NTC to block the deal. Reportedly it was more that Teemu didn't want to leave California at that point rather than anything he didn't like about the Devils. In recent years when the Ducks out of the playoff picture, it seemed like Selanne had little interest in being a rental player.

Recently you had Heatley using his NTC to block a trade to Edmonton. Ottawa would have received Dustin Penner, Andrew Cogliano, and Ladislav Smid. Eventually they dealt him to San Jose for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo, and a 2nd.

My friend who works for the Sharks says the Devils really did have a trade in place for Selanne. And it definitely involved Gomez too. That was the year the Sharks had a terrible year. They were having a firesale. That was the year Lombardi was replaced with Doug Wilson. I think that's the only year the Sharks have missed the playoffs since 1996.

I bet Teemu was kicking himself the next 4 years until he finally won the cup in 2007.

Jersey Fresh 10-24-2013 04:42 PM

Has this already been posted? No new information at all, but it's nice to see it in print.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jersey-...0024--nhl.html

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 10-24-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster (Post 73156629)
Doubt it. Lou gave away a NMC like it was candy. A-Train isn't going anywhere unless it's a Stanley Cup Contender because he has no other reason to waive it.

There's not a player in this league that would want to stay on team that doesn't want anything to do with them. NMC or not, being somewhere you aren't wanted isn't the best of situations for both parties.

The only thing it does is that it actually gives a little more power to the player but if Lou has two teams who are actually ready to take on #28, I doubt he'll "activate" his NMC in favour of being a healthy scratch for the remainder of the season AND piss off Lou for roadblocking a move that would help our organisation.

Bleedred 10-24-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh (Post 73162955)
Has this already been posted? No new information at all, but it's nice to see it in print.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jersey-...0024--nhl.html

If I go to yahoo to check my email or do a search, I get these articles on the main page. I saw that one and clicked on it to read it. I think he's toast this time next week. 4 losses in a row, 1 win in 12 games, no games from Wednesday to Saturday. He's toast if we lose these next 3.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.