HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Speculation: Voracek (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1523801)

maplepred 10-25-2013 01:34 PM

Voracek
 
This kid had 44 points in 48 games last season. He's having trouble this season, but we all know he has the talent. Just sucks for him being stuck in Philly right now.

Realistically I cannot see Philly trading him if they did fire sale, but then again maybe they would but it wouldn't be cheap to get a player of his caliber.

If we for voracek who is only 24, we are set for finally getting that big time sniper we have desperately needed for a long time.

Imagine our teams defense and goaltending how it is (amazing), then we could actually score on top of that?! Can you say cup contenders??

Our top six is currently the weakest in the league, easily.

What would it take to get jakub voracek?? I just drool over the thought...

Obviously a first round pick, probably Klein and maybe Taylor beck or aberg. It would suck to trade aberg as I think him and forsberg could be great together one day, but getting voracek is so worth it!!

If Klein goes in deal, maybe Philly could toss back a top six defender our way to, but I think a deal could be done.

ilikeblocks 10-25-2013 01:52 PM

I'd love to see Voracek in a Preds Uni. Give him the reigns and let him go.

Think we could somehow send Hendricks away while we're at it? :)

ThirdManIn 10-25-2013 01:56 PM

I don't think Philly is in the market to trade offense unless we are sending a good defenseman back.

Paranoid Android 10-25-2013 02:13 PM

Roman Josi, straight up

maplepred 10-25-2013 02:15 PM

I would do josi for voracek straight up.

Drake744 10-25-2013 02:15 PM

Pointless. He'd be on our 4th line. #trotz

Iron Duke 10-25-2013 02:23 PM

Don't think trade works out. Philly needs top 4 defensemen, but we have none to spare. Voracek would add to our glut of top 6 wingers (Hornqvist, Wilson, Smith, Bourque, Forsberg, Stalberg, Beck), making one of those guys the most attractive piece to send back to Philly in exchange.

I like Voracek a lot, but he's no sniper. Pretty low career S% if you remove that anomalous 17.1% last year. I'm also very wary of him based on a really good shortened season, and think he's closer to a 45-50 point guy than the 80 point guy he would have projected to be last year.

I expect Viqsi would have some good insight here.

Paranoid Android 10-25-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Duke (Post 73219873)
Don't think trade works out. Philly needs top 4 defensemen, but we have none to spare. Voracek would add to our glut of top 6 wingers (Hornqvist, Wilson, Smith, Bourque, Forsberg, Stalberg, Beck), making one of those guys the most attractive piece to send back to Philly in exchange.

I like Voracek a lot, but he's no sniper. Pretty low career S% if you remove that anomalous 17.1% last year. I'm also very wary of him based on a really good shortened season.

I agree Voracek isn't a perfect fit, but I disagree we need a sniper. We need playmakers just as bad. Really any forward with offensive skill who isn't a grinder will do.

Persona5 10-25-2013 02:56 PM

If the Predators are looking to pick up a forward that would fit in and might really be available they should look right at Statsney. If we could somehow trade for him without losing Wilson/Smith/Forsberg/Hornqvist I would be thirilled. Voracek isn't what the Predators would want or need.

Iron Duke 10-25-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persona5 (Post 73221185)
If the Predators are looking to pick up a forward that would fit in and might really be available they should look right at Statsney. If we could somehow trade for him without losing Wilson/Smith/Forsberg/Hornqvist I would be thirilled. Voracek isn't what the Predators would want or need.

Stastny isn't going to be worth what the Avs would want for him. He's on a $6M+ cap hit, which we'd have to find salary to dump in exchange, he's a UFA at the end of this season, and they would be wanting someone like Klein or Josi as the main piece of the deal coming back. I'd hate to give a solid top 4 d-man to a divison rival in exchange for a player that will walk in June.

dulzhok 10-25-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 73220035)
I agree Voracek isn't a perfect fit, but I disagree we need a sniper. We need playmakers just as bad. Really any forward with offensive skill who isn't a grinder will do.

Snipers can be playmakers. Martin St Louis may be one of the best 'playmakers' in the NHL but he also has potted over 30g many times.

I'd trade for Vorachek. I'd certainly rather trade Klein than Josi--- assuming Josi isn't going to be made of glass his whole career. If we think his concussions will be an ongoing issue-- yes ship him out once he gets healthy again and plays a decent span of games.

But, just adding Voracheck isn't going to solve our offense. People often say we need a top 6 player-- but we really need at least 3 more to be a true contender. And no more tweaner guys who really belong on the 3rd or 4th line of a contender.

Unfortunately, it's an issue that has failed to be addressed most of our existence. So I'm not optimistic about it being addressed anytime soon, unless we have a string of lottery picks.

thecloser 10-25-2013 03:27 PM

I disagree with the most of you so far.

I think Voracek could be had and if sending Josi is what it cost, then I'd do it.

I personally think we could send Beck, Roussel and a high pick and get him.

If we have to send Josi it's really not a huge deal. We could have Jones stay with Webs where he is on 1st pairing, have Ekholm and Klein and then Bartley and Ellis with Jarvinen as the 7th. Jarvinen is that big defender that doesn't get pushed around and has excellent puck skills. I've heard the reason he's in Milwaukee is because he's a half-step too slow. Still I'd give him the call up and welcome Voracek with a massive smile. Voracek in gold please. :sarcasm:

Iron Duke 10-25-2013 03:32 PM

Holy kneejerk. In the span of a month a guy goes from being a young, legit top pairing defenseman on a great contract...to trade bait for Jakub freaking Voracek.

And when Seth blows an ACL... GG Preds. :shakehead

maplepred 10-25-2013 03:42 PM

Voracek can set up plays and can score better than any forward on this team. That may be a bold statement but I feel it's true.

He is maybe not an 80 point guy as some above said. But he is definitely way better than a 45-50 point guy, he was getting high forties years ago and he is still only 24 years old.
I think he is a 70 point guy easily.

Yes we do have a glut of forwards in our tip six but none are really great top six guys. So if we did move josi or Klein or whoever, why not make a follow up trade to a team needing forwards and move one of our ''top six'' for a top four defenseman?

I think this is really something poile needs to look into. He's possibly the best option that could be has for fair price. We know Philly won't be moving giroux.

Soundgarden 10-25-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Duke (Post 73222513)
Holy kneejerk. In the span of a month a guy goes from being a young, legit top pairing defenseman on a great contract...to trade bait for Jakub freaking Voracek.

And when Seth blows an ACL... GG Preds. :shakehead

Voracek has been great for the most part in Philly. Like Maple said, 44 points in 48 games. He's been a lot better after getting out of Columbus.

I'd hate to give Josi to Philly, but with Jones and Ekholm looking good Josi will be the one that can be moved for a good young forward with upside. Klein won't net the return Josi will, and Jones and Weber are not going anywhere.

I'd definitely explore some options in the future.

PFL615 10-25-2013 05:38 PM

Im not sure the Preds and Philly are what you would call trade partners these days. Just sayin...

maplepred 10-25-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashville615 (Post 73226557)
Im not sure the Preds and Philly are what you would call trade partners these days. Just sayin...

How so?

hockey diva 10-25-2013 07:23 PM

Two words: offer sheet

braindead 10-25-2013 08:45 PM

Let them eat cake.

kypredsfan 10-25-2013 09:30 PM

Philly owes us a solid.

glenngineer 10-25-2013 10:19 PM

If we're giving up Josi in a trade it better not be for Voracek. If we trade Josi it's for a top 3 forward, not a top 6 guy. We need game breakers up front, not another guy with a similar skill set. Move Josi with Beck or Aberg and a 1st and get a true top 3 forward. If you have an asset, you maximize it, don't get what you already have. We need a 1st line not more of the same 2nd line talent.

dulzhok 10-25-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 73248643)
If we're giving up Josi in a trade it better not be for Voracek. If we trade Josi it's for a top 3 forward, not a top 6 guy. We need game breakers up front, not another guy with a similar skill set. Move Josi with Beck or Aberg and a 1st and get a true top 3 forward. If you have an asset, you maximize it, don't get what you already have. We need a 1st line not more of the same 2nd line talent.

Vorachek's scoring clip last year was better than anyone we've had in SIX years. Have to go back to Arnott of '07 to find a matching pace (not better). So I don't think it's fair to him to lump him with everyone else. Granted, he's no Sidney Crosby-- we won't get an elite forward unless we are trading Weber and/or Jones.

What if Josi is going to be plagued by concussions for big parts of his career? How much his 30 million dollar contract is insured?

I don't know the answers to the questions. But if there's even some legitimate concern over Josi's future health, we should deal him while we can-- especially now with Jones in the picture. We've seen too many of our valuable assets go to zero for various reasons.

Flyerss 10-25-2013 10:56 PM

Coyotes guys are willing to trade Yandle for Voracek

triggrman 10-26-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerss (Post 73250169)
Coyotes guys are willing to trade Yandle for Voracek

That would be too aggressive for Poile

maplepred 10-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 73249317)
Vorachek's scoring clip last year was better than anyone we've had in SIX years. Have to go back to Arnott of '07 to find a matching pace (not better). So I don't think it's fair to him to lump him with everyone else. Granted, he's no Sidney Crosby-- we won't get an elite forward unless we are trading Weber and/or Jones.

What if Josi is going to be plagued by concussions for big parts of his career? How much his 30 million dollar contract is insured?

I don't know the answers to the questions. But if there's even some legitimate concern over Josi's future health, we should deal him while we can-- especially now with Jones in the picture. We've seen too many of our valuable assets go to zero for various reasons.

I agree with this word for word. Voracek is an offensive weapon, I think only player we have ever had (not including Peter forsberg half season) that is as good as voracek is kariya and maybe Sullivan, but we could get voracek at such a young age to which is large!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.