HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   05-06 Preds Schedule (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=152516)

vopatsrash 07-20-2005 01:44 PM

05-06 Preds Schedule

blatantly borrowed from the other board...

Article

vopatsrash 07-20-2005 01:56 PM

impressions, assuming this schedule is the one...

whoa...3 straight against STL from 10/15 - 10/20? :eek: there's going to be some serious hate in that third game.

I'm glad they moved the NYD game a little later and thanksgiving night is great.

no brutal situations like the canceled season when we had two western canada trips in 2+ weeks.

we will really be tired of STL and San Jose by 11/2. 6 of our first 13 games against those teams.

There will be tougher stretches than these once players are signed and we know who's going to be good, but the worst travel stretch looks like 12/21 - 1/8: @Chicago, @ Columbus, @Calgary, @Vancouver, @Edmonton, Anaheim, @ Colorado, @ St. Louis, Detroit, @Chicago. 10 games/18 days, western canada trip, 2 at home.

also, 3/21-4/10: @ Detroit, @ Anaheim, @LA, @ Phoenix, @STL, Columbus, @ Chicago, @ STL, Chicago, @Columbus

barrytrotzsneck 07-20-2005 02:28 PM

why does it say there'll be an all-star break? The league already announced that because of the olympic break this year, there'd be no all-star game...

vopatsrash 07-20-2005 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
why does it say there'll be an all-star break? The league already announced that because of the olympic break this year, there'd be no all-star game...

i thought that was odd, too. I want to say I read somewhere that they are also doing an "all star break" with no ASG in order to give the Olympic players a weekend break. :dunno:

Enoch 07-20-2005 02:50 PM

@Chicago, @ Columbus, @Calgary, @Vancouver, @Edmonton, Anaheim, @ Colorado, @ St. Louis, Detroit, @Chicago

That really is brutal.......we could lose all of those games and still play great hockey. It hurts that the few teams that aren't as strong as the others in that trip happen to be either A) our rivals or B) Plays us exceptionally well (see Chicago).

PredsFan77* 07-20-2005 03:02 PM

good, I can schedule my time now....they need a friggen friday night game on the 10-28 so I can go see the Cocks kick Fat Fulmers ass the next day.

barrytrotzsneck 07-20-2005 03:04 PM

man, i reaaaally hope that we're not in a pinch for points in march-april. i'd hate to be sitting in 7th or 8th going into that road trip.

FLYLine24* 07-20-2005 03:34 PM

Hey no fair...you guys found your entire schedule out while we(NYR) only found out our first 2 games. ;)

vopatsrash 07-20-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Hey no fair...you guys found your entire schedule out while we(NYR) only found out our first 2 games. ;)

DECEMBER
8 (Thu)óN.Y. Rangers, 7 p.m.

there, now you know 3 games... ;)

you'd think brooks could leak the rangers' schedule. i guess the post is too busy pleasuring the yankees. :D

CivicSI_JB 07-20-2005 11:21 PM

:shakehead

Bettman has apparently learned NOTHING from this.

I like the Preds and all, but playing a non-division, conference rival team 4 times (and 3 times in 12 days mind you), rather than twice and get to see all teams is just stupid.

I would much rather see a team like the Panthers or Bruins than having Minny come to Vancouver 4 times.

Predshockey17 07-20-2005 11:32 PM

Like Nomorekids said, if were in 7th or 8th that road trip will make or break us. I really hate that.

sparkle twin 07-21-2005 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
There will be tougher stretches than these once players are signed and we know who's going to be good, but the worst travel stretch looks like 12/21 - 1/8: @Chicago, @ Columbus, @Calgary, @Vancouver, @Edmonton, Anaheim, @ Colorado, @ St. Louis, Detroit, @Chicago. 10 games/18 days, western canada trip, 2 at home.

Expanding that, 12/21- 1/13 is 10 of 13 games on the road, all in 24 days. That'll be tough, no matter who we are playing. 12/30-1/3 is tough: @Edm, come home for a day then go right back out to Colorado.
-----------------

Just reading the article I didn't like the schedule at all. I thought we were getting screwed on the travel. But then I looked at a calendar and saw that it wasn't as bad as I thought. We actually get more time than I thought in between games for long flights. I think I counted 15 home Saturday games, so that's good.

I hate more divisional games. :rant: 6 games of detroit is enough, now they add 2 more. I want to play the teams in Eastern Conference. Some team isn't going to see Crosby this year because they don't play the right teams in the other conference. That sucks. At least we'll see Ovechkin, but only on TV. Oh, and once again Toronto doesn't come here (but at least we don't have to go there again).

I only see 2 potential problems for me. The Thanksgiving night game. I'm usually in PA so unless plans change, I'll miss that game. And the Jan. 15 game vs Pittsburgh. There could be a problem if the Steelers are playing in a playoff game that night. :propeller

I think 12/7 should be @ Washington and 12/13 should be @ Florida. All the other SE games are road games and those 2 start times are 6 pm our time starts.

**Mark your calendars now: 2/8 @ Detroit; 2/9 vs Detroit**

barrytrotzsneck 07-21-2005 05:35 AM

As I suspected...don't hold this schedule as word yet. Over on the business board, someone posted a Brooks article(I hate to admit it, but he's been pretty close to accurate on things for a while, now) that says that the teams in the Rangers' division will have one home game with each of the Central Division teams...which contradicts our schedule, which says that WE have the home game with those teams. Food for thought.

muddycreek* 07-21-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
good, I can schedule my time now....they need a friggen friday night game on the 10-28 so I can go see the Cocks kick Fat Fulmers ass the next day.

IN YOUR DREAMS! Fat Fulmer has been kicking the COCKS arse for years. No reason to believe he will not in the future. Visor Steve will take several years to make a difference IF he does then. Sounds like you are jealous. I remember similar triads about washed up Holtz! :amazed: :jump:

crossxcheck 07-21-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddycreek
IN YOUR DREAMS! Fat Fulmer has been kicking the COCKS arse for years. No reason to believe he will not in the future. Visor Steve will take several years to make a difference IF he does then. Sounds like you are jealous. I remember similar triads about washed up Holtz! :amazed: :jump:

muddycreek, pal, let's stick to hating the wings and leave the spurrier hating out ;)

vopatsrash 07-21-2005 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77

with all of the alabama legal problems going away, Fat Phil has been able to devote more time to regaining his powers via food and purchasing orange jogging suits.

don't underestimate the power of the buffet!

hillbilly 07-21-2005 11:05 AM

I think there is equal room in this thread to hate both Spurrier and the Wings. Infact I hate the Flames, Bluejackets, and Alabama too

barrytrotzsneck 07-21-2005 11:06 AM

I just hate college sports in general. It makes it that much easier!

crossxcheck 07-21-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think there is equal room in this thread to hate both Spurrier and the Wings. Infact I hate the Flames, Bluejackets, and Alabama too

You're right. In fact, I hate the flames and CBJ more than the Wings at times.

Dave is a killer 07-27-2005 12:09 PM

here's the real schedule

http://www.nhl.com/teams/nas/schedule.html

quartermaster29 07-27-2005 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer

Dang! My birthday gets a pass.

sparkle twin 07-27-2005 12:29 PM

it's pretty much the same as the one from before.

Crosby in Nashville: Sunday January 15

Feb 8: @Detroit
Feb 9: Detroit

The 5 game road trip at the end of the season is now only 4 games and we gain a home game, so that could be great if we're fighting for points.

October 5 is opening night vs San Jose!!! I can't wait, I'm super excited now!!!

Dave is a killer 07-27-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quartermaster29

I'll just have to celebrate mine on first Blues home game ... we better freakin' win that game, or I'll be pissed for a few days ... I loathe losing to those bastages

sparkle twin 07-27-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quartermaster29

There's a game on My Birthday! But it's in Edmonton....and in March. Brrrr.

golfmade 07-27-2005 01:05 PM

Well, they're away for the end of March, when my Spring Break is... but I think I could plan a trip to be there for the April 1st and 3rd games, against the Blues and Jackets :yo: