HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds vs Coyotes (Oct 31) Hutton or Hellberg? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1527607)

alexthedragonslayer 10-30-2013 03:29 PM

Preds vs Coyotes (Oct 31) Hutton or Hellberg?

Hi there,

Anyone have any indications as to who will start in net for the Preds tomorrow night against Mike Smith and the Coyotes?

Thanks and much appreciated.

triggrman 10-30-2013 03:43 PM

I'd guess Hutton

alexthedragonslayer 10-30-2013 03:45 PM

Since he's first on the depth chart, you're probably right. Hellberg would be the backup and if we get another poor performance out of Hutton, then at that point I'd venture to say all bets are off... thanks!

PredsV82 10-30-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexthedragonslayer (Post 73525101)
Since he's first on the depth chart, you're probably right. Hellberg would be the backup and if we get another poor performance out of Hutton, then at that point I'd venture to say all bets are off... thanks!

most folks who were at the game saturday didnt criticize huttons performance all that much... apparently he was stopping shots but the team wasnt clearing rebounds

triggrman 10-30-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 73528793)
most folks who were at the game saturday didnt criticize huttons performance all that much... apparently he was stopping shots but the team wasnt clearing rebounds

easy now, not all rebounds can be cleared, it's up to the goalie to control the rebounds

worstfaceoffmanever 10-30-2013 10:38 PM

It will be Hutton. Unless it isn't - then it will be Hellberg.

PredsV82 10-31-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 73532735)
easy now, not all rebounds can be cleared, it's up to the goalie to control the rebounds

Im just going by what others have said... I was surprised that more people didnt talk about Hutton being crappy and hit the "we need Bryz" panic button... but most people have said he played well enough but didnt get any help.

alexthedragonslayer 10-31-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 73567325)
Im just going by what others have said... I was surprised that more people didnt talk about Hutton being crappy and hit the "we need Bryz" panic button... but most people have said he played well enough but didnt get any help.

No need to hit the panic button yet... give it at least 2 more 4+ gaa games and then lets talk

Nashville Transplant 10-31-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Believe me, in that game vs. the Blues., there were a dozen guys sleepwalking through the entire contest. Hutton was hardly the worst offender, but he does have to be accountable for some of the damage. Hellberg was left completely defenseless on his first NHL shot, and didn't inspire much more confidence at that point.

token grinder 10-31-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 73528793)

it has been a week or so, but I remember him fighting the puck a bit. Shwartz's goal was a beauty and beat hutton clean, and I remember him crapping a puck mason style. coaches and teammates are doing the right thing by deflecting a piss poor game off the goaltender and onto themselves. He made saves, his rebound control was awful, which I think has to do more with NHL experience and the speed of the game. I think that will come. But to say a goalie giving up 5 goals and didn't play too bad is inaccurate.

triggrman 10-31-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

He didn't but he gave up 2 goals on 4 shots in the 2nd period and 3 goals on 9 shots in the 3rd. If those were all on rebounds I'd be shocked.

Top 6 Spaling 10-31-2013 12:47 PM

Should we just turn this into the official goaltending thread?

Anyways, Hutton was hardly lights out Saturday, but he was the least of our problems. We wouldn't have own that game with prime Hasek and prime Roy both playing goalie at once.