HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Opening Night lineup? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15284)

russ4king 09-29-2003 07:34 AM

Opening Night lineup?

Well as things seem to be boiling down, here is what I propose could be a realistic starting lineup.

Forwards

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Niewendyk-Tucker
Green-Reichel-Renberg
Fitzgerald-Stajan-Domi

Spares: Belak,Ponikarovsky

Defense

Kaberle-McCabe
Berg-Klee
Marchment-Jackman

Spare: Pushor

Goal

Belfour
Tellqvist

Kidd (injured)

Personally I would rather see Perrott with the big club instead of Ponikoarovsky simply because I think that Nathan has outplayed him. But I am not sure if Quinn will want to carry that much grit. Domi, Belak, Perrott, and to a lesser extent Marcment seems like we might be spending a little too much time in the box. But we'll see how it plays out in the next few weeks.

Mess 09-29-2003 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russ4king
Well as things seem to be boiling down, here is what I propose could be a realistic starting lineup.

Forwards

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Niewendyk-Tucker
Green-Reichel-Renberg
Fitzgerald-Stajan-Domi

Spares: Belak,Ponikarovsky

Defense

Kaberle-McCabe
Berg-Klee
Marchment-Jackman

Spare: Pushor

Goal

Belfour
Tellqvist

Kidd (injured)

Personally I would rather see Perrott with the big club instead of Ponikoarovsky simply because I think that Nathan has outplayed him. But I am not sure if Quinn will want to carry that much grit. Domi, Belak, Perrott, and to a lesser extent Marcment seems like we might be spending a little too much time in the box. But we'll see how it plays out in the next few weeks.

Don't you think Owen Nolan should make the Team???

russ4king 09-29-2003 07:51 AM

OOOpps!

Duh! Sorry, I am not sure how I missed him.

p.l.f. 09-29-2003 08:10 AM

hehehe

put nolan on the 4th line somewhere

Pinto 09-29-2003 08:30 AM

3 balanced very good lines please

Renberg-Sundin-Mogilny
Tucker-Antropov-Nolan
Roberts-Nieuwy- Reichel
Fitzy-Green-Domi

nordique 09-29-2003 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto80
3 balanced very good lines please

Renberg-Sundin-Mogilny
Tucker-Antropov-Nolan
Roberts-Nieuwy- Reichel
Fitzy-Green-Domi

Roberts and Reichel on one line - no thanks. Tucker/Reichel/Domi had some decent chemistry in the playoffs, I'd keep that together.

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Nolan
Tucker-Reichel-Domi
Renberg-Green-Ponikarovsky

Roll 'em!

Scratch: Fitzgerald

(assuming Stajan doesn't stick...if he does, you'd have to play him, although Quinn kept Colaiacovo around last year on the bench so who knows.)

Leaf Army 09-29-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordique
(assuming Stajan doesn't stick...if he does, you'd have to play him, although Quinn kept Colaiacovo around last year on the bench so who knows.)

The reason Colaiacovo was kept around was because once Quinn sent him back to Junior, he was there for good. Quinn wanted to keep him around until he was sure where Carlo might fit in. When he realized Carlo wasn't going to play, he sent him back.

We wouldn't see the same situation with Stajan because he can go up and down from St. John's.

I think it's pointless to start projecting possible line combinations because we all know Quinn's gonna switch them around every other game.

Mess 09-29-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
The reason Colaiacovo was kept around was because once Quinn sent him back to Junior, he was there for good. Quinn wanted to keep him around until he was sure where Carlo might fit in. When he realized Carlo wasn't going to play, he sent him back.

We wouldn't see the same situation with Stajan because he can go up and down from St. John's.

I think it's pointless to start projecting possible line combinations because we all know Quinn's gonna switch them around every other game.

Quinn is going to switch them every game because his old dinosaurs will be hurt or tired and not be able to play 82 game schedules...

Thats why...

leaflover 09-29-2003 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
Quinn is going to switch them every game because his old dinosaurs will be hurt or tired and not be able to play 82 game schedules...

Thats why...

There will be injuries i'm sure but i doubt any of them will be switched around because they're tired.We're not talking about 60-70 year olds.The only time would be the last few games before the playoffs if we were in a situation where we could move neither up or down in the standings.

caber24 09-29-2003 10:00 AM

Renberg-Sundin-Nolan
Tucker-Antropov-Mogilny
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Green
Fitzgerald-Reichel-Domi

Kaberle-Klee
McCabe-Jackman
Marchment-Kondratiev

Belfour
Tellqvist

loveshack2 09-29-2003 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordique
Roberts and Reichel on one line - no thanks. Tucker/Reichel/Domi had some decent chemistry in the playoffs, I'd keep that together.

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Nolan
Tucker-Reichel-Domi
Renberg-Green-Ponikarovsky

Roll 'em!

Completely agree. You might see Ponikarovsky sent down though as he's not exactly impressing in camp from what I hear. If he goes does then Fitzgerald or Belak will take his place. Stajan will spend the year on the Rock. IMHO he's still behind Poni and depending on how Ferguson sees it he may be behind Holden on the depth chart as well.

Mess 09-29-2003 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaflover
There will be injuries i'm sure but i doubt any of them will be switched around because they're tired.We're not talking about 60-70 year olds.The only time would be the last few games before the playoffs if we were in a situation where we could move neither up or down in the standings.

Yah I know but I just felt my making the point that this is oldest team in the NHL with a long track record or injuries and it will be a complete miracle if they hold up over a long season...

Look at the leafs recent Playoff history and injuries and see what I am talking about...

Pinto 09-29-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

Roberts and Reichel on one line - no thanks.
yeah they sure did horrible in calgary........ :rolly: