HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ana-edm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1531595)

AngelDuck 11-04-2013 09:28 PM

Ana-edm

Fasth and Sbisa for Jeff Petry when Viktor gets healthy

SupremeTeam16 11-04-2013 09:40 PM

Definitely a no from Oilers. Petry is our best Defenceman right now. And Fasth has only played like 25 games in the league, he did have an amazing start to the lockout year last season but in my eyes if the Oilers are even considering moving a roster D man let alone our best one then it will be for a more proven goalie.

AKL 11-04-2013 09:45 PM

Yeah to be honest I'd rather have Sbisa as a neutral fan.

Hampe 11-04-2013 09:49 PM

Ducks fan saying no thanks.

Joey McMoss 11-04-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKL (Post 73840325)
Yeah to be honest I'd rather have Sbisa as a neutral fan.

Yea, let's be honest.. you're not a neutral fan.

Respectable proposal but no from Edmonton. Petry has been our best defenseman all year and Hiller is likely going to be available for cheap or for free in FA. I like Sbisa and Fasth is an upgrade on what we have but it's not worth giving up Petry. On top of that this deal leaves us with 5LHD and 1RHD.

AKL 11-04-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 73840997)
Yea, let's be honest.. you're not a neutral fan.

I'm a Wild fan, not a Ducks or Oilers fan. That's the definition of neutral fan. I get it, you're upset that I'd take Seguin over Hall and Galchenyuk over Yakupov (neither of which are outlandish in any sense), but that doesn't mean I have some vendetta against the Oilers. I've held those exact preferences since BEFORE any of the four were drafted.

Quote:

Respectable proposal but no from Edmonton. Petry has been our best defenseman all year and Hiller is likely going to be available for cheap or for free in FA. I like Sbisa and Fasth is an upgrade on what we have but it's not worth giving up Petry. On top of that this deal leaves us with 5LHD and 1RHD.
Since we're being honest, being the best defenseman on the Oilers really doesn't mean much.

airforceones25 11-04-2013 10:09 PM

I like Petry but not interested in this deal. OP hates Sbisa lol

penguins2946* 11-04-2013 10:12 PM

The value in the OP isn't terrible, but I don't think the Ducks would pull the trigger. If Hiller walks after this year and they have to run with Andersen and Gibson, they're up **** creek without a paddle.

neutral* 11-04-2013 10:14 PM

Edmonton would be stupid not to take that.

Horseradish 11-04-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 73839339)
Fasth and Sbisa for Jeff Petry when Viktor gets healthy

Would Anaheim consider Smid instead of Petry? Defensively he's probably better, though offensively he's not.

Even with Petry, I'd consider it-- but it would be pretty tough to trade their most relied-upon d-man in all situations.

The Nuge 11-04-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutral (Post 73841853)
Edmonton would be stupid not to take that.

Not true. We'd be downgrading our defense. It's decent value wise, but I don't want to lose Petry. He's our only dman capable of playing 25+ minutes and keeping his head above water

DuckJet 11-04-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmError29 (Post 73841759)
The value in the OP isn't terrible, but I don't think the Ducks would pull the trigger. If Hiller walks after this year and they have to run with Andersen and Gibson, they're up **** creek without a paddle.

Yep. Much cheaper to run with Fasth and Andersen than to Re up Hiller.

Joey McMoss 11-04-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKL (Post 73841463)
I'm a Wild fan, not a Ducks or Oilers fan. That's the definition of neutral fan. I get it, you're upset that I'd take Seguin over Hall and Galchenyuk over Yakupov (neither of which are outlandish in any sense), but that doesn't mean I have some vendetta against the Oilers. I've held those exact preferences since BEFORE any of the four were drafted.

Since we're being honest, being the best defenseman on the Oilers really doesn't mean much.

Hall injures two Wild players and all of a sudden he sucks. That's what I've gotten out of all of it.

You're right, so why would a team with a weak D group downgrade?

AKL 11-04-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 73844545)
Hall injures two Wild players and all of a sudden he sucks. That's what I've gotten out of all of it.

You're right, so why would a team with a weak D group downgrade?

Where did I say he sucks? Please show me. I dislike him now and I think he needs to play less recklessly, but I never said he sucks. And just because I don't like Taylor Hall doesn't mean all my opinions regarding Oilers players are invalid "because I'm not a neutral fan". I didn't like Cal Clutterbuck before we traded him, does that mean I hate the Wild?

Trafalgar McLaw 11-05-2013 12:05 AM

Are you really a Ducks fan? No takesies backsies.

Crazy8oooo 11-05-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horseradish (Post 73842067)
Would Anaheim consider Smid instead of Petry? Defensively he's probably better, though offensively he's not.

Even with Petry, I'd consider it-- but it would be pretty tough to trade their most relied-upon d-man in all situations.

Has Smid regressed? Wasn't he pretty solid prior to this year? I feel like I've seen Oiler fans throwing his name around lately.

The Nuge 11-05-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo (Post 73846279)
Has Smid regressed? Wasn't he pretty solid prior to this year? I feel like I've seen Oiler fans throwing his name around lately.

He's still been good. Eakins system isn't as good of fit for him though, and Ference and Belov are above him in the depth chart at the moment. It's not that we want to move him, but we've got a bit of depth now, and could move him for the right deal

Bobby Smash 11-05-2013 12:32 AM

Anaheim is trading Hiller. Not going to trade Fasth and have Hiller walk and be a FA. They would be out 2 goalies by summer.

Lord J T Shark 11-05-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricci (Post 73840551)
Ducks fan saying no thanks.

as an oiler fan I agree-- I think the oilers would need to add something from the front end

bumperkisser 11-05-2013 01:17 AM

what. why would we do this. give up a potential top-4 d. and strengthening oilers biggest weakness for jeff petry?

hes been pretyy good but no thanks..

Eddie Shack 11-05-2013 02:06 AM

There are multiple reasons why the Ducks don't do that deal. But if we are going to give up a young D player with a great skillset and a chance to still be something special he won't be packaged with a goaltender and sent to a division rival for a potentially comparable D man. Makes no sense. But then the OP has hated Sbisa for a long time so take that into account with this proposal.

McGlassbangers 11-05-2013 02:50 AM

Nope. No reason to downgrade on defense and we get better goalie for free in the summer.

AKL 11-05-2013 03:19 AM

I enjoy that all Oiler fans think a better goalie will choose to sign with them in the offseason.

DavidBL 11-05-2013 03:23 AM

Really the biggest draw I have for Petry is the he shoots right and could possibly pair with Fowler. Other than that I don't really see a need.

Bubba88 11-05-2013 05:41 AM

I'd prefer Sbisa over Petry...

why should the Ducks add Fasth to this deal without something else going their way?