HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Left Wingers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1533137)

Reclamation Project 11-07-2013 12:28 AM

Left Wingers

Who could we realistically go after this offseason or even potentially this season. Year in and year out we discuss this at great lengths and yet, here we are, still in need of a legitimate top-six winger.

Dean not going after Vinny Prospal still boggles my mind.

KingKopitar11* 11-07-2013 12:32 AM

Alexander Semin.

Reclamation Project 11-07-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 (Post 73960155)
Alexander Semin.

Too expensive from both sides: contractual and assets needed to acquire.

kingsholygrail 11-07-2013 12:51 AM

Ovechkin

Reclamation Project 11-07-2013 12:54 AM

DoA...

Reaper45 11-07-2013 01:00 AM

We wont have much money to nab a guy in FA and who am I kidding we never nab anyone in FA anyways. Trades will be too expensive for us asset wise. Guys like Semin and Grabner are completely unrealistic. They either don't play d or are too small for the Kings grinding style. So who's left? Next to no one. One of the kids is going to have to take the spot.

CNS 11-07-2013 01:07 AM

Moulson or Michalek.

Vamos Rafa 11-07-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 73961203)
We wont have much money to nab a guy in FA and who am I kidding we never nab anyone in FA anyways. Trades will be too expensive for us asset wise. Guys like Semin and Grabner are completely unrealistic. They either don't play d or are too small for the Kings grinding style. So who's left? Next to no one. One of the kids is going to have to take the spot.

At some point, I think DS is the one that needs to adjust to make good offensive players effective. Make them useful. Players leaving the Kings system and excelling somewhere else is kinda getting old. I really hope Pearson pans out because developing our own is our only hope right now.

Reclamation Project 11-07-2013 01:21 AM

The FA route is such a **** show. It's become a bidding war won by the biggest monkey that inevitably regrets winning a few years after the fact.

TimbeS 11-07-2013 01:23 AM

Moulson would be perfect for this team. :sarcasm:

Srsly

lexlavender 11-07-2013 01:27 AM

Still think we should have snagged raymond...

Fishhead 11-07-2013 01:27 AM

Pure LW'ers aren't very common, so there isn't an abundance out there. I can only think of a couple that would possibly fit.

Tier 1-

Fleischmann - Good hands, would fit nicely. Problem: cap space, makes 4.5M. More likely in the offseason. The package would have to be awfully sweet for Florida to take someone like Stoll or RR during the season. It would take one of our 3 prime prospects, I think. A steep price.

Michalek - If the Sens continue to struggle, I can see them moving him to shake things up. Would cost us a pick and a roster player, probably not a scrub either because they could get a 1st for him at the deadline. He's a rental, of course. Some salary would probably have to be shed either now or later to get enough room at the deadline.

Tier 2-

Raymond - Not my first choice, but may be worth a look. Wouldn't cost too much, and aren't the Leafs looking for defensmen? Dunno, he's streaky and might not do squat in our system, but at least he's a pure LW.

Foligno (Nick) - Decent hands, decent size, throws his body around, a very Kings-esque player. He could be had I think because Columbus still has a few holes to fill. Some salary would have to be going back. They don't need defensemen, I don't think.

I'm sure there are others, but that's who I can think of off the top of my head that may be available.

KingKopitar11* 11-07-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclamation Project (Post 73960497)
Too expensive from both sides: contractual and assets needed to acquire.

Williams and Stoll almost open up to his cap hit. Think we can open up cap for him easily. It seems possible.

CowMix 11-07-2013 02:49 AM

Muzzin

cubsfan999 11-07-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowMix (Post 73963485)
Muzzin

As a trade piece or our savior at LW?

Trolfoli 11-07-2013 03:56 AM

-Don't see any assets to be moved for a "star" LW.... (J. Johnson trade for Carter)

-Cap space makes anything other then a kid making around 1M not going to happen.

-Maybe something at the trade deadline, but I doubt it.

When carter comes back
23/11/14
10/77/73
74/28/21
13/24/71
17/22

That's about as good as it's going to get... what the hell... Carter needs to round out his game anyways and get some assists..

CowMix 11-07-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsfan999 (Post 73963905)
As a trade piece or our savior at LW?

I'm not sure how much trade value he has. He's pretty much a 4th forward and makes more sense than Martinez playing LW so give him a shot.

deeshamrock 11-07-2013 04:51 AM

I think DL will address this before the deadline; I don't see him going for a deep playoff run without that 2nd line LW being addressed.
Vanek too rich...but would love him
Moulson - doable if Kings pieces are moved first to clear room (Stoll and RR for example)
Fleischman - Tallon said earlier this week that he's shopping his players and sent an email to the other GM's making it known. At 4.5 he's affordable, with pieces moved to clear room
Michalek

Steen is technically listed as a FA in 2014 but the Blues won't let him go.

I'd say their most realistic option would be Fleischman or Moulson.

son of earl 11-07-2013 06:45 AM

We need a top 4 defensemen more then anything right now.

Reaper45 11-07-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by son of earl (Post 73965089)
We need a top 4 defensemen more then anything right now.

Florida is a team that makes sense for us trade wise. Flash and one of their vet dmen for some combination of Stoll/Regehr, Clifford, Vey and picks. Steep price for sure but less than some of the other trade targets.

KingsHockey24 11-07-2013 10:23 AM

LW's
Michael Cammalleri (FA)
Milan Michalek (FA)
Alexander Steen (FA)
Jussi Jokinen (FA)
James van Riemsdyk (Trade)
Zach Parise (Trade) :sarcasm:
Nikolai Kulemin (Trade)
Alexander Frolov ? :sarcasm::nod:

DMen
Andrej Meszaros (FA)
Kyle Quincey (FA)
Brooks Orpik (FA)
Matt Niskanen (FA)
Braydon Coburn (Trade)
Alex Goligoski (Trade)
Marc Staal ? (Trade)
Rob Scuderi (Trade) :nod:

Flour Child 11-07-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 (Post 73962427)
Williams and Stoll almost open up to his cap hit. Think we can open up cap for him easily. It seems possible.

Williams is the best pure offensive mind this team has...you can't trade him

Telos 11-07-2013 10:34 AM

I have a feeling that if we go after anyone it would be Fleischmann.

Reaper45 11-07-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsHockey24 (Post 73969161)
LW's
Michael Cammalleri (FA)
Milan Michalek (FA)
Alexander Steen (FA)
Jussi Jokinen (FA)
James van Riemsdyk (Trade)
Zach Parise (Trade) :sarcasm:
Nikolai Kulemin (Trade)
Alexander Frolov ? :sarcasm::nod:

DMen
Andrej Meszaros (FA)
Kyle Quincey (FA)
Brooks Orpik (FA)
Matt Niskanen (FA)

Braydon Coburn (Trade)
Alex Goligoski (Trade)
Marc Staal ? (Trade)
Rob Scuderi (Trade)
:nod:

The bolded are never going to happen.

scryan 11-07-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan (Post 73969335)
Williams is the best pure offensive mind this team has...you can't trade him

His name is thrown around in trade proposals all the time...
NO TRADING WILLIAMS.
Don't understand how he doesn't get more credit. Just enough for people to see trade value...