HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers Should ... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1533893)

BillDineen 11-08-2013 06:38 AM

Flyers Should ...

Multiple options available. A new GM would be able to replaced Berube if he wanted.

Garbage Goal 11-08-2013 06:53 AM

The last two.

1865 11-08-2013 07:20 AM

Get rid of Homer, bring in Hextall.

Get rid of Berube, let Hex bring in his own man.

Be open to trading anyone who's not Giroux, Voracek or Mason, so long as we get decent return.

Accept we're not making the play-offs this year.

SeanCWombBroom 11-08-2013 07:23 AM

What would Bill Meltzer do?

Broad Street Elite 11-08-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 74028211)

Be open to trading anyone who's not Giroux, Voracek or Mason, so long as we get decent return.

Right here...

There some players on our team (anyone over 32 basically) that should be moved. We can maximize what we ask for, but at the end of the day, move the contracts.

BernieParent 11-08-2013 07:54 AM

I was disappointed to not see "... learn to shoot and pass the puck, and understand positional hockey" as an option.

poneill27 11-08-2013 07:55 AM

Just above -Stand pat- should be a choice- All of the Above

Hiesenberg 11-08-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Get rid of Homer, bring in Hextall. - No guarantee Hextall is better

Get rid of Berube, let Hex bring in his own man. - What if its Chris Therien?

Be open to trading anyone who's not Giroux, Voracek or Mason, so long as we get decent return. - Nobody wants this garbage along with their contracts

Accept we're not making the play-offs this year. - I think its an accepted already, whether they admit it or not

No perfect plan here.

Don Nachbaur 26 11-08-2013 07:58 AM

My first was healthy scratch stars. These guys want ice time. Strip them of it and have them earn it back. If they don't earn it back, trade 'em

1865 11-08-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiesenberg (Post 74028789)
No perfect plan here.

Who's to say nobody wants our rubbish? Nobody watches the Flyers as much as us, reputations count a lot.

Montreal are soft, they will find a spot for Hartnell or Simmonds. A young play-off team will want some vet leadership in Timonen. Somehow Brayden Schenn still has a reputation, get something for him before he comes a proper bust.

There's always a home for someone.

Hiesenberg 11-08-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 74029035)
Who's to say nobody wants our rubbish? Nobody watches the Flyers as much as us, reputations count a lot.

Montreal are soft, they will find a spot for Hartnell or Simmonds. A young play-off team will want some vet leadership in Timonen. Somehow Brayden Schenn still has a reputation, get something for him before he comes a proper bust.

There's always a home for someone.

Why are you trading Schenn?

1865 11-08-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiesenberg (Post 74029097)
Why are you trading Schenn?

Because right now I feel that what we'd get for him will be better than what he'll become. I'm seeing absolutely nothing from him to suggest he's going to be anything special.

Hiesenberg 11-08-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 74029189)
Because right now I feel that what we'd get for him will be better than what he'll become. I'm seeing absolutely nothing from him to suggest he's going to be anything special.

Your not seeing anything from anybody.

Legion of Goon 11-08-2013 08:30 AM

Move to Quebec City

DrinkFightFlyers 11-08-2013 08:38 AM

Stand pat.

I am always reluctant to do a rebuild, and I don't think it is likely to be accomplished in the two years noted in the poll. Plus when you get into rebuild mode, you have to be prepared for the reality sometimes rebuilds don't work for a VERY long time, if at all, even with high picks. (see: Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York Islanders, Edmonton Oilers). I'd gladly suck for the next ten years to win Cups like Pitt and Chicago did, but that payoff is not guaranteed by any means and could simply mean ten years of sucking, then ten years of mediocrity, then ten years of what we have had recently (mediocrity...but still some good runs).

Firing Homer won't really do much. Hextall is here and is obviously the next in line. Putting him in charge today vs. at season's end is not going to make a difference. Give Homer until the deadline to try and right the ship.

Stripping Giroux of the C is absolutely ridiculous. That will do 100% nothing. I don't understand the thinking behind that idea. "Our best player and face of the franchise for the next decade is off to a slow start...STRIP THE C! THAT WILL MAKE HIM BETTER AND NOT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE EFFECT ON HIM OR THE TEAM AT ALL!" And Homer is the one who makes pointless, rash decisions. Come on.

I'm not opposed to benching stars, but I don't think it will do much. If Berube does it, great. But I don't think that is the answer.

Trading youth for youth is not something I do would do either, unless it is an overpayment. I like the guys we have, and unless we can get better guys, stick with what we have. A lateral move doesn't help us. Just gives more fuel to the "OMG LOOK HOW DUMB HOMER IS" fire.

Mota 11-08-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 74029901)
Stand pat.

I am always reluctant to do a rebuild, and I don't think it is likely to be accomplished in the two years noted in the poll. Plus when you get into rebuild mode, you have to be prepared for the reality sometimes rebuilds don't work for a VERY long time, if at all, even with high picks. (see: Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York Islanders, Edmonton Oilers). I'd gladly suck for the next ten years to win Cups like Pitt and Chicago did, but that payoff is not guaranteed by any means and could simply mean ten years of sucking, then ten years of mediocrity, then ten years of what we have had recently (mediocrity...but still some good runs).

Firing Homer won't really do much. Hextall is here and is obviously the next in line. Putting him in charge today vs. at season's end is not going to make a difference. Give Homer until the deadline to try and right the ship.

Stripping Giroux of the C is absolutely ridiculous. That will do 100% nothing. I don't understand the thinking behind that idea. "Our best player and face of the franchise for the next decade is off to a slow start...STRIP THE C! THAT WILL MAKE HIM BETTER AND NOT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE EFFECT ON HIM OR THE TEAM AT ALL!" And Homer is the one who makes pointless, rash decisions. Come on.

I'm not opposed to benching stars, but I don't think it will do much. If Berube does it, great. But I don't think that is the answer.

Trading youth for youth is not something I do would do either, unless it is an overpayment. I like the guys we have, and unless we can get better guys, stick with what we have. A lateral move doesn't help us. Just gives more fuel to the "OMG LOOK HOW DUMB HOMER IS" fire.

I kind of agree with this. They already used their nuclear option...using it twice in 3 years will just set this organization back. For whatever reason, this has become a toxic organization to play for...and I think some of that is because of the quick trigger of the GM. G has looked really off lately, on and off the ice...and I dont doubt in the back of his mind he is thinking "ok, when am i being traded"? They need to get away from the quick cuts and show some faith in the players they made commitments too. I also dont wanna see these guys go have success elsewhere and deal with the "why did we trade them even though we wanted to trade them" aftermath.

Scratch some of the stars. I honestly think if G was scratched for a game the team would respond well to it. Berube also needs to think outside the box a little. I like that they had a players only meeting.

If they do make a trade, they should move a Dman and maybe either Hartnell or Simmonds for an upgrade at forward. Nothing to blow up the team, just to jump start it.

If they are out of it by the deadline, then I make the GM switch so Hextall can be in charge of the selling at the deadline.

Flyerss 11-08-2013 09:27 AM

bench Mason,Emery,Lecavalier,B.Schenn,Grossmann,Downie call Heeter,Gervais, make Mez our #1Dman

the old Rinaldo should be back stupid penalties
trade for Carcillo,Asham,Tootoo,Harry Z "more stupid penalties"
bring back Leighton
trade for JML

Hartnell-Newbury-Voracek
Rinaldo-Giroux-Carcillo
Rosehill-Couturier-Simmonds
Hary Z-Hall-Tootoo

Gervais-Gill
Mez-JML
Timonen-Streit

Leighton
Heeter

maybe we will get the 1st rd pick the next 3years

Draft Ekblad,McDavid,Sean Day

P.S: somehow the team above will wait untill the last 10 games and start winning and we end up with 11pick overall

3years later:

Schenn-McDavid-Voracek
Leier-Giroux-Lecavalier
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Mcginn-Laughton-Akeson

Day-Ekblad
Hagg-Morin
Gostisbehere-Alt

Mason
Stolarz

whatthef 11-08-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

This was basically what I thought as soon as I saw this thread.

ihatebraydenschenn 11-08-2013 09:41 AM

Drive the team bus off of a cliff.

Format. Reinstall.

Flyerss 11-08-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galvo (Post 74032401)
Drive the team bus off of a cliff.

Format. Reinstall.

actually this could work the NHL would feel sorry for us and give us couple of first round picks, we would have 64.3m in cap space, have some kind of dispersal draft where we can steal scouple young guys with potential from other teams, only thing is Mason shouldn't be on that bus

+ and Homer should be in that bus because cap space + Homer = ..........

kimmofan44 11-08-2013 10:09 AM

does anyone know what was said in the Snider giroux one on one after the game last night?
did giroux seek out the owner or did Snider want to talk to him?

DrinkFightFlyers 11-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmofan44 (Post 74033515)
does anyone know what was said in the Snider giroux one on one after the game last night?
did giroux seek out the owner or did Snider want to talk to him?

I didn't even know this happened. I'm sure it was Snider seeking out Giroux. Wouldn't make much sense for Giroux to seek out Snider...though it is certainly possible. That being said, if the two did meet it is likely not what everyone on here is thinking (i.e. Snider yelling at Giroux or telling him to fight or telling him to change his game or whatever everyone will assume because Ed Snider is the worst owner in the history of sports all of the sudden, etc). It was probably Uncle Ed just reaching out to his $8 million man wanting to see what was up.

flyershockey 11-08-2013 10:35 AM

Start hitting the net should be priority number one. You can't score when you're constantly hitting the glass behind the goalie.

Other than that:
1. Explore moving Timonen before the rest of the league figures out that he's done.
2. Consider moving Hartnell if he'll waive his NTC.
3. Play Gus and put Mez out of his misery.
4. Be patient and let this team figure it out on their own. That's the way a team truly grows.

GoneFullHextall 11-08-2013 10:41 AM

options 1 and 5.
easy choices

orange is better 11-08-2013 10:56 AM

Replace Holmgren with Hextall, someone I believe will initiate a proper rebuild because he knows what it takes to build a winner.

Let him replace berube effectively in the offseason.

Trade Hartnell, Timonen, B. Schenn, L. Schenn, Simmonds for youth/1sts.

Tank the rest of the season.

Draft Ekblad, and a couple wings who can shoot the puck and have size preferably in the 1st round.

Sign Ryan Callahan if he makes it to free agency.

xxxx-Giroux-Lecavalier
xxxx-Couturier-Voracek
Read-Laughton-Callahan (hardest working line in showbiz)
Rinaldo-xxxx-xxxx

Ekblad-Coburn
Gostisbehere-Grossmann
Gustafsson-xxxx

Mason
xxxx

Then with that lineup, there's a good chance we'd suck again next season and get mcdavid, then.

xxxx-McDavid-Voracek
xxxx-Giroux-Lecavalier
Read-Couturier-Callahan
Rinaldo-Laughton-xxxx

Ekblad-Morin
Gostisbehere-Coburn
Gustafsson-Grossmann

Mason
Stolarz