HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   We now NEED Prucha and Immonen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=153406)

Balej20* 07-23-2005 02:41 AM

We now NEED Prucha and Immonen

We need our european snipers to come over NOW or else we are flat out screwed this year. we have absolutely no pure scoring ability outside of Jagr. Balej does nto impress me much...we need some offensive talent on this team, because we obviously are not getting JACK out of this BS draft this year.

free0717 07-23-2005 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
We need our european snipers to come over NOW or else we are flat out screwed this year. we have absolutely no pure scoring ability outside of Jagr. Balej does nto impress me much...we need some offensive talent on this team, because we obviously are not getting JACK out of this BS draft this year.

I am not ready to give up on Balej yet but you are right, we need to bring in Prucha and Immonen. With the Anti Obstruction rules being enforced, Prucha and Jagr will thrive.

Mr. Lack 07-23-2005 08:29 AM

Quote:

I tend to agree. I can't think where the scoring is going to come from on this team. I think the important thing is to not CAP ourselves out of NEXT years free agent market. Some very interesting guys who may become available.

Thornton?

I hope the Rangers don't take any lessons from the Knicks in regard to the cap.

DiamondJoeQuimby 07-23-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't worry about Balej, he'll get 20 if he's on the wing behind Jagr. I think that a lot of AHL guys tanked it after the season was cancelled in February. Also his AHL stats weren't that great because of the style Hartford played and the fact that Hamilton was on the team.

My biggest team concern is center ice. With a Holik buyout, that will leave the team with a total lack of size at center. Moore will probably be on one of the bottom 2 lines, I like him but he's not a physical guy. Nylander we know isn't a hitter :) If there are going to be a lot of young guys in the lineup, some physical guys who will hit and drop the gloves are definitely a need.

dedalus 07-23-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

We need our european snipers to come over NOW or else we are flat out screwed this year.

I'm not sure what this means. That the Rangers are going to lose many games? If so, shouldn't they? Isn't that what rebuilding teams do?

I'd like to see these kids playing in North America (Hartford or NY), but it's because I want a look at them, not because I fear the Rangers are "screwed" without them. In short, the Rangers don't need these kids here, because these kids are not going to make a significant difference this year. We can only hope that they will some day be difference-makers.

Sather Hater 07-23-2005 10:17 AM

The one guy I think I'm actually most excited to see in a Ranger jersey is Nigel Dawes. It just seems he keeps putting up the big numbers and has a real touch around the net like all the great finishers do. Because of his height it seems he gets overlooked by Ranger Fans and the rest of the league, but personally I am looking forward to seeing him in the NHL in a Ranger jersey.

AG9NK35DT8* 07-23-2005 10:41 AM

i would say basically 100% that you will not see Dawes in a NYR jersey thats just IMO.

immonen is very need with a possibility of Holik being brought out and not getting Crosby Rangers will need center help with Nylander on the first line and Immonen on the second would be quit nice along with I guess a veteran role playing vet as the 3rd liner or go with Moore.

A line of :

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Kariya-Immonen- Balej

i think both those lines would produce very good, if prucha comes and gets a spot then sign a LW like Kariya and set the lines up like above. Good mix of youts and vets. cant go wrong really.

cagney 07-23-2005 11:49 AM

Can someone please explain to me how Prucha is going to make the NHL, let alone be a first liner in his rookie season? It'd be one thing if he was a dominant player in the Czech league, but he simply wasn't. This "sniper" scored 7 goals last season.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to Immonen as a "sniper" before either.

Twist and Shout 07-23-2005 11:52 AM

One thing is for sure. Prucha definately needs to come over to NA ASAP. He's a gem. Rangers fans are gonna be mighty pleased when they see him make the team.

Ola 07-23-2005 12:15 PM

Prucha is a gem and must be sigend. Should be top priority to get Immonen and Prucha under contract ASAP. First of all I belive they can help the team on the ice. Both are extremely smart hockey players and have a advantage compared to many players since they have played without a redline for basically their entire careers. Thoose two if they make the team would be a asset for Renney when it comes to implementing a system, they are smart and have experience.

Someone pointed out that Prucha isn't a sniper and that is true. I think that at best he will be a Mike York kind of player, and we all know what Yorks work on the Lindros-Fleury line meant.

Immonen is probably a better 2-way player then people gives him credit for. He is defenitly a center that can be on the ice in all situations and is NOT a one way player. However his upside is also questionable. I would say that he is a decent allaround player, with great vision. His upside depends on how he will be able to set up plays in the NHL, their is not many questionmarks wheater he will be able to handle the physical game or not...

If Lundmarks and Moore comes into camp with the right attitude, and Prucha and Immonen is signed that would mean that we would have 4 players who are of the type that is critical in a game without redline, puckhandling, passing, hockeysense and skating. I am also convinced that atleast 3 of Hollweg, Ortmayer, Murray or Giroux will end up making the team. Add Balej to that would be 7 out of 12 forwards, at a cost around 3-4 million plus Jagr and Nylander. That would mean that Sather would have all the room in the world to make some "wise" moves. Like front loading a contract for a player, for example a player who is looking for 3 million a year could get 7(or what will be possible) the first year and then 1 million a year for two years which would free up room once the big guns becomes available and we have a platform of a team in place.

Onion Boy 07-23-2005 12:23 PM

Unless the Rangers go Crosby, we wouldn't get any immediate scoring help anyway. Nobody else in the draft would've been ready to step in. Even Crosby's production in his first year wouldn't be anything to marvel at (aside from the fact that he's 18). Crosby probably won't put up huge numbers for a couple seasons, if at all of course.

Choice 07-23-2005 12:34 PM

i have a hard time believing Immonen or Prucha will step right in and make a difference at the NHL level. Granted I have never seen either play but common sense dictates that young Euros need about a season of AHL hockey to build confidence and adjust to North American hockey. It will be a tough season if either one of them is our second line center.

As for the crackdown on obstruction, I've heard that so many times that I'll believe it when I see it.

FLYLine24 07-23-2005 12:42 PM

I agree with everyone here, we NEED to get Prucha and Immonen signed and delivered this week. Two future rangers who will possibly have the brightest futures with the Rangers. Get them over already!

NYRangers 07-23-2005 01:02 PM

Immonen is pretty much a lock to come over and even be with the Rangers (according to Maloney)

I think Prucha will come over and be given a shot to make the team out of camp. I want to see that line of Prucha-Nylander-Jagr.

Fish 07-23-2005 01:08 PM

Well some good news...the NHL and IIHF have reached a tentative agreement, and the Rangers will have until August 15th to sign either one or both of them

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=131221&hubName=

FLYLine24 07-23-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish
Well some good news...the NHL and IIHF have reached a tentative agreement, and the Rangers will have until August 15th to sign either one or both of them

Good, that is very good news.

Balej20* 07-23-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
I'm not sure what this means. That the Rangers are going to lose many games? If so, shouldn't they? Isn't that what rebuilding teams do?

I'd like to see these kids playing in North America (Hartford or NY), but it's because I want a look at them, not because I fear the Rangers are "screwed" without them. In short, the Rangers don't need these kids here, because these kids are not going to make a significant difference this year. We can only hope that they will some day be difference-makers.

This "we should lose every game because we are rebuilding" mentality is getting mighty old these days. The point of hockey is for entertainment. We will not be entertained watching a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners for a full 82 games. Dont get me wrong, I love guys who play hard on every shift...but you can't win without scoring. It's about time we got our prospects who have some scoring upside, over to the big club.

Fletch 07-23-2005 01:15 PM

Balej...

I think it would be more accurate to say that we need those Euros to come here and be successful. The way you make your statement it seems as though these guys are the best Euros playing outside the U.S. and they're big time scorers who will be big-time scorers in the NHL. I'm real skeptical of Prucha right now based on last season, but still need to see him personally, and Immonen doesn't seem to be a sniper.

Balej20* 07-23-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
I think it would be more accurate to say that we need those Euros to come here and be successful. The way you make your statement it seems as though these guys are the best Euros playing outside the U.S. and they're big time scorers who will be big-time scorers in the NHL. I'm real skeptical of Prucha right now based on last season, but still need to see him personally, and Immonen doesn't seem to be a sniper.

Nah, thats not how i meant it. I meant it the way you put it. These guys apparently have some offensive upside, and we do not have many of those guys on the current roster right now.

Fletch 07-23-2005 01:18 PM

Also, Balej...

I don't think the mentality is this team should go out and lose every game. I think the mentality is for Sather to build a team that's going to grow into something meaningful in the future, since it's not there right now. The idea is to not go out and find as many snipers, etc., one can afford and put them on the team. The idea is to create an environment which youth will have a chance to play, and possibly even succeeding, which does mean bringing in a couple vets here and there. To try and gear-up to have a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup, or even the playoffs, from day 1 is not the objective. Growing into that team is, however.

burner10115 07-23-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch

Immonen isnt a sniper, but Prucha is. His numbers were off this year b/c (from whatI remember) he played 3rd line with a bunch of nobodys. Rodent has some articles about this if you want to check it out.

eco's bones 07-23-2005 01:25 PM

Balej and lundmark have the talent. They just need to prove it. Nobody else in Hartford last year is material for the first two lines. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd be
surprised if Dawes were ready. Immonen and Prucha are a little older and might be able to handle it but neither one has size. We'd be small on the first two lines but it might be better to see them now than maybe never. I'm gettingthe idea that this is going to be a long long season. Maybe we can earn that 1st overall pick next year
the hard way by losing all year long. :) :)

BigE 07-23-2005 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish

Lets hope that Sather is smart enough to act on this. :help:

dedalus 07-23-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

This "we should lose every game because we are rebuilding" mentality is getting mighty old these days.

Yes and so is the "if-we-don't-get-a good-player/1st line center/UFA-we're-screwed" mentality. Next point?

Here's the difference between us, my friend. You'll be looking a mighty long time to find me ANYWHERE having said the Rangers should lose every game. I on the other hand need only point to the first post of this thread to show you match the mentality i've identified.

Quote:

The point of hockey is for entertainment. We will not be entertained watching a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners for a full 82 games.

No, YOU will not be entertained watching that. I will be entertained watching the development of kids on ANY line.

And now here's why YOU will not be entertained by kid 3rd and 4th liners:

Quote:

you can't win without scoring.

Thank you. I believe you have just told me your agenda; it is not rebuilding, it is winning now. You'll pay lip service to the idea of rebuilding and you'll tolerate a couple of kids provided they don't seriously upset the team's chances of winning.

Obviously you and I are not on the same page.

Tawnos 07-23-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones
Nobody else in Hartford last year is material for the first two lines.

I still think Giroux has the potential to be a #2 LW. Whether he reaches that potential is another story.