HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are the chances of Colliachovo making the squad this year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15364)

Leafsfan20 09-29-2003 11:58 AM

What are the chances of Colliachovo making the squad this year?
 
What are the chances of Colliachovo making the squad this year? The leafs don't have tons of depth on defence, so it would be cool to see the young guy get some expierence in the NHL!

Volcanologist 09-29-2003 11:59 AM

Who?

:D

Epoch 09-29-2003 12:00 PM

I doubt he'll make it this year.Maybe call-up.

and its "Coliaicovo".

ACC1224 09-29-2003 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafsfan20
What are the chances of Colliachovo making the squad this year? The leafs don't have tons of depth on defence, so it would be cool to see the young guy get some expierence in the NHL!

Probably about the same as you winning a spelling bee.

ATG 09-29-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafsfan20
What are the chances of Colliachovo making the squad this year? The leafs don't have tons of depth on defence, so it would be cool to see the young guy get some expierence in the NHL!

actually quite the contrary the leafs have their first 5 spots filled up maybe 6 with jackman if im quinn i let him go to st john's and play alot of minutes then just keep him around as a 7 man and never playing, it will slow his progression

think-blue- 09-29-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafsfan20
What are the chances of Colliachovo making the squad this year? The leafs don't have tons of depth on defence, so it would be cool to see the young guy get some expierence in the NHL!

:joker:

Dear god. Ive seen the name butchered...but man, not like that. :joker:

:p

But I dont think he makes the team. Too many players as is.

Ziner 09-29-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
I doubt he'll make it this year.Maybe call-up.

and its "Coliaicovo".

Sorry TR-TWѤ it is "Colaiacovo", don't wanna start a fight but that is how it is spelled on Hockey's Future.
Sorry just had to point that out, I know that the original poster screwed up the name bad.

loveshack2 09-29-2003 12:12 PM

Kaberle, McCabe, Klee, Jackman, Marchment, Berg.

That's six guys with guaranteed jobs on the blueline. Pushor might still be signed, Pilar will be signed when he's healthy, and Belak can play D as well.

That's nine guys who are likely to have jobs.

Colaiacovo isn't likely to get steady work unless there's a major trade or some heavy injuries. Although he may see some spot work here and there if he's ready.

Pinto 09-29-2003 12:34 PM

isnt it the job of the bWo to ridicule anyone who miss-spells colaiacovo? ;) :D

wasting time 09-29-2003 12:36 PM

If Quinn rushes him to the NHL he is a fool.

This just out...

Coilaiciovo is over-rated by many Leafs boosters on this board..

IfSpezza needs a year or two in the AHL, or if Boumeister enters the NHL early to have a couple of midocre at best seasons on a pathetic team, or the same for Pronger, or Iafrate is ruined because of his early start --- all just a few players who are and will forever be imminently more talented hockey players than Coliacovo - then why in the hell do people seem to think that he would be better served in the NHL playing for a team with a $60 million payroll?

My god people. When was the last time a rookie NHLer defenseman actually made an impact for a good playoff club?

tick tock...

Answer: Barrett Jackman.

Before Barrett was a rookie where did he play?

Answer: AHL!

And oh by the way, Jackman is a much much better hockey player than Coli will ever be. When I compare the two's upsides I see Scott Stevens vs. Mathieu Schneider.

But hey, what the hell? Rush all the young guys up...

Destroy their confidence, give them limited playing time, get them injured, ruin their careers and earning potential all the while weakneing the Leafs defense.

Great Idea! Just like Ballard used to do.

Man...

Epoch 09-29-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budman
Sorry TR-TWѤ it is "Colaiacovo", don't wanna start a fight but that is how it is spelled on Hockey's Future.
Sorry just had to point that out, I know that the original poster screwed up the name bad.

I know how its spelt,I just always mess up that part of his name,its annoying!:blush::rolleyes:

Mess 09-29-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
I doubt he'll make it this year.Maybe call-up.

and its "Coliaicovo".

Actually its COLAIACOVO...,

Epoch 09-29-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
Actually its COLAIACOVO...,

You really should read the whole thread before making a comment.;)

Ziner 09-29-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
I know how its spelt,I just always mess up that part of his name,its annoying!:blush::rolleyes:

It's ok! :)
I understand, some of these players have names that are extremly hard to spell, esp. if u aren't looking rite at it.

I will forgive you this time. :D

Ziner 09-29-2003 01:59 PM

I would rather see Colaiacovo in the minors getting quality minutes and to get used to some of the other prospects that we have so that they may have time to gel and be that much better together when we enter the post-CBA.

p.l.f. 09-29-2003 02:18 PM

i'd like to see him on the 3rd pair, but there's too many guys on 1 way contracts

monkey_00* 09-29-2003 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasting time
If Quinn rushes him to the NHL he is a fool.

This just out...

Coilaiciovo is over-rated by many Leafs boosters on this board..

IfSpezza needs a year or two in the AHL, or if Boumeister enters the NHL early to have a couple of midocre at best seasons on a pathetic team, or the same for Pronger, or Iafrate is ruined because of his early start --- all just a few players who are and will forever be imminently more talented hockey players than Coliacovo - then why in the hell do people seem to think that he would be better served in the NHL playing for a team with a $60 million payroll?

My god people. When was the last time a rookie NHLer defenseman actually made an impact for a good playoff club?

tick tock...

Answer: Barrett Jackman.

Before Barrett was a rookie where did he play?

Answer: AHL!

And oh by the way, Jackman is a much much better hockey player than Coli will ever be. When I compare the two's upsides I see Scott Stevens vs. Mathieu Schneider.

But hey, what the hell? Rush all the young guys up...

Destroy their confidence, give them limited playing time, get them injured, ruin their careers and earning potential all the while weakneing the Leafs defense.

Great Idea! Just like Ballard used to do.

Man...

Agreed it would be nice to see at least one of the young blueliners crack the Leafs lineup this season but I think we all know that in the long run the best thing to do is to give these guys plenty of ice time down in St. John's.

Leafsfan20 09-29-2003 03:26 PM

OK, so I spelled his name wrong, even smart ass Tor-Town, spelled it wrong, and he was trying to correct me!
But seriously though, Colaiacovo is a tough name to spell. (Hes no Klee)

As for "wasting Time", Yeah, Jackman did play in the AHL...For 1 year!! So did Colaiacovo last year! Your point makes absolutely no sense!

As for the other people who actually took the time to respond intelligently, i.e.: Budman, you have a good point, and maybe Colaiacovo would benefit from another year in the minors.

loveshack2 09-29-2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafsfan20
As for "wasting Time", Yeah, Jackman did play in the AHL...For 1 year!! So did Colaiacovo last year! Your point makes absolutely no sense!


Not trying to jump all over you here, but Colaiacovo was in Juniors last year. He hasn't played in the AHL yet.

Epoch 09-29-2003 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafsfan20
OK, so I spelled his name wrong, even smart ass Tor-Town, spelled it wrong, and he was trying to correct me!

:joker::lol: Thanks. I am smart aren't I?! Even so, read my other post dumb dumb, It was nowhere nearly as terrible as yours.:joker:Colliachovo,my god....

Epoch 09-29-2003 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafsfan20

As for "wasting Time", Yeah, Jackman did play in the AHL...For 1 year!! So did Colaiacovo last year! Your point makes absolutely no sense!

:joker::lol:

This guy cracks me up...!

wasting time 09-29-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveshack2
Not trying to jump all over you here, but Colaiacovo was in Juniors last year. He hasn't played in the AHL yet.

I wasn't jumping on anyone in particular. I have just seen several hundreds of posts about Coli - and finally I broke.

One point I will add is that he played in Juniors last year, and did not even have a particularly good year according to most scouts - in fact Barry Trapp even considered Bell as having a better opportunity to make the club this year than he did for Coli going into training camp. Coli obviously got a better chance than Bell for whatver reason, no worries, but Coli has not looked great either - he shown a few things here and there but nothing to make you say - "hey that guy is ready to make the jump"

The only guy who has shown anything really is Kondriatev, yet he has made some glaring mistakes.

No one is ready in the true sense. It's a very long season - they'll get their chance as injuries occur.

RoadWarrior 09-29-2003 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasting time
I wasn't jumping on anyone in particular. I have just seen several hundreds of posts about Coli - and finally I broke.

One point I will add is that he played in Juniors last year, and did not even have a particularly good year according to most scouts - in fact Barry Trapp even considered Bell as having a better opportunity to make the club this year than he did for Coli going into training camp. Coli obviously got a better chance than Bell for whatver reason, no worries, but Coli has not looked great either - he shown a few things here and there but nothing to make you say - "hey that guy is ready to make the jump"

The only guy who has shown anything really is Kondriatev, yet he has made some glaring mistakes.

No one is ready in the true sense. It's a very long season - they'll get their chance as injuries occur.

Well Colaiacovo hasn't hurt his chances with his performance in recent games. I agree that he needs to improve his defensive game but that's not the question. The question is whether he's good enough for the leafs right now and from what I've seen so far he's outperformed Berg and Pushor defensively and he's matched Jackman's performance offensively. So while on Detroit or New Jersey there's no doubt he'd be cast aside on the leafs thinner blueline he deserves a chance ahead of the pylons.

nordique 09-30-2003 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasting time
If Quinn rushes him to the NHL he is a fool.

This just out...

Coilaiciovo is over-rated by many Leafs boosters on this board..

IfSpezza needs a year or two in the AHL, or if Boumeister enters the NHL early to have a couple of midocre at best seasons on a pathetic team, or the same for Pronger, or Iafrate is ruined because of his early start ---

#1 - Spezza didn't necessarily NEED time in the AHL; every time he was recalled he did very well. Ottawa just had lots of depth and thought it was better for him to play on the top line in the A than the 3rd/4th line in the NHL

#2 - Bouwmeester had an excellent season last year.

#3 - Iafrate's career was ruined because of booze and injuries...not sure how that relates to starting his career early.

#4 - If all these players are so much more talented than Carlo is, why use them as comparisons?

If he's READY, he's READY.

wasting time 09-30-2003 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordique
#1 - Spezza didn't necessarily NEED time in the AHL; every time he was recalled he did very well. Ottawa just had lots of depth and thought it was better for him to play on the top line in the A than the 3rd/4th line in the NHL

#2 - Bouwmeester had an excellent season last year.

#3 - Iafrate's career was ruined because of booze and injuries...not sure how that relates to starting his career early.

#4 - If all these players are so much more talented than Carlo is, why use them as comparisons?

If he's READY, he's READY.

He looked more ready last year than this year if all you guys place training camp as the ultimate barometer.

OK then, how about Ron Hainsey, or Brian McCabe, or Chris Phillips, or or or -- there are tons of guys who were rushed to the NHL at the defensive position because they played for weak teams - in some cases it stunted their development, other cases they just were not that good.

Sure he looked good last night against a brutal Montreal team with forwards who are small and play soft -- what if it was the Flyers, or Jersey, whetever.

Look, he is a promising prospect - let's keep him a prospect and get him out of the fishbowl where retards like you and me will not analyze his every shift and put our two-bit opinions on some stupid chat board.

AHL development - low risk -- GOOOOOOODDD


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.