HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: Is MB interested in Yakupov? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1536675)

NateTheGr8 11-12-2013 08:18 AM

Is MB interested in Yakupov?
 
Everyone knows how MB looks for "character" but Yaks skill is so high, he would be the winger we havent hand in ages.

He knows he is friends with Galchenyuk and they will play well together. Also he will be on a team with Markov and Emelin. All 3 of them will not make him want to go to mother russia to play in the KHL

Gary320 11-12-2013 08:21 AM

Montreal don't have the available assets to trade for him.

Rosso Scuderia 11-12-2013 08:23 AM

Don't think so.

I would though. It's not everyday that you get the chance to grab a first overall... but like you said, Bergevin and his character obsession and Therrien who likes to blame and bench kids our young player, it probably won't be a good fit for Yaks.

Richiebottles 11-12-2013 08:24 AM

I sure hope so. Yakupov and Gally reunited would be amazing to watch. Give them Beaulieu a first and something else.

DAChampion 11-12-2013 08:24 AM

MB puts character first so I cannot see him going after Yakupov. He showed no interest in Jagr or Semin when they were available for free on the UFA market -- He was more interested in Shane Doan.

We also do not know Edmonton's asking price. Ignoring Bergevin, I would offer Bourque, Emelin, and a 1st.

LeMAD 11-12-2013 08:26 AM

We need dmen, not forwards.

ChoseLa 11-12-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMAD (Post 74242821)
We need dmen, not forwards.

I'd say the contrary, the D is good, especially with Emelin back, we need goal scoring on forward.

vokiel 11-12-2013 08:33 AM

The org wouldn't have drafted him if Galch & Murray had been #1 & #2, so my guess is no he's not interested and specially not at the asking price .... Which is probably a reflection of what the Edmonton fans are asking for :sarcasm:

HabsRockBruinsChoke 11-12-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMAD (Post 74242821)
We need dmen, not forwards.

Uhh no? we don't need dmen? we need to get rid of dmen.

Subban, Markov, Emelin, Gorges are our top 4 for this year that doesn't need change. the 5th and 6th dmen can be filled by average dmen on low salary such as Bouillon, Diaz, Murray etc.. we're still trying to make room for Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, and Drewiske...


In terms of Yakupov.. we can use his scoring ability, but we would have to give back something Edmonton also needs and not necessarily things that don't hurt our roster (such as Beaulieu + 1st... will never work).

Fair deals can be:

Diaz + Eller for Yakupov

or

Diaz + Pacioretty for Yakupov

or

two 1st picks + Tinordi for Yakupov

FinnHab 11-12-2013 08:33 AM

Hopefully not. Kid and Larionov seems to be poisonous combination. Edmonton is total mess and this drama with entitled kid is absolutely horrible addition.

HabsRockBruinsChoke 11-12-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnHab (Post 74242943)
Hopefully not. Kid and Larionov seems to be poisonous combination. Edmonton is total mess and this drama with entitled kid is absolutely horrible addition.

Imagine Edmonton with Seguin + Landeskog + R. Murray... daymmmmmmm

Habskrieg 11-12-2013 08:37 AM

Is he interested in him? Sure. I think he'd like to acquire him. Yakupov would be one of many interesting assets that MB could consider trading for.

Is he actively trying to acquire him? No idea. Probably not.

Rosso Scuderia 11-12-2013 08:38 AM

I don't care what people say, the team that will land Yakupov will be very happy with him.

Oilers is a mess and they have tons of offense. Yakupov in order to play on the top 6 will probably have to outplay the Eberle, RNH, Hall, Perron defensively which won't happen. When he will join his new team, he will get every opportunities to produce and I'm sure that he will.

Smokey Thompson 11-12-2013 08:38 AM

Take a look at Yak's shift in the 3rd vs Florida with a 1 goal lead. 3 mistakes on the shift got him stapled to the bench for the last 8 minutes of the game.

If he's already disgruntled with Eakins, imagine what'll happen when Therrien calls him out in public. Larionov is supposedly unhappy with his usage because he's playing on the 3rd and 4th lines. Where would he play if he were a Hab? We've already learned that breaking up the kid line at this point is not a good idea. He can't play on Pleks line because he's a black hole defensively. So he'd be playing on the 3rd / 4th line here also.

You can't deny his talent, and the Habs can use a pure sniper like him. But at this point he just isn't a fit. And who knows how much he'd cost.

ChoseLa 11-12-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke (Post 74242991)
Imagine Edmonton with Seguin + Landeskog + R. Murray... daymmmmmmm

I still draft Hall-RNH-Yak over those. Considering their drafting years, the Oilers have taken the best player every years, except maybe on 2012 Glach is leading the race now.

ChoseLa 11-12-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson (Post 74243031)
Take a look at Yak's shift in the 3rd vs Florida with a 1 goal lead. 3 mistakes on the shift got him stapled to the bench for the last 8 minutes of the game.

If he's already disgruntled with Eakins, imagine what'll happen when Therrien calls him out in public. Larionov is supposedly unhappy with his usage because he's playing on the 3rd and 4th lines. Where would he play if he were a Hab? We've already learned that breaking up the kid line at this point is not a good idea. He can't play on Pleks line because he's a black hole defensively. So he'd be playing on the 3rd / 4th line here also.

You can't deny his talent, and the Habs can use a pure sniper like him. But at this point he just isn't a fit. And who knows how much he'd cost.

Yeah Therrien calls his player in public, he's done that a lot since he bacame HC. :sarcasm:

Richiebottles 11-12-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 74243043)
I still draft Hall-RNH-Yak over those. Considering their drafting years, the Oilers have taken the best player every years, except maybe on 2012 Glach is leading the race now.

If they had drafted Seguin-Landeskog- Gally that would have been a much more balanced team then they have now. Seguin would be pure offense, gally would be well gally and Landeskog would be an awesome PWF winger. Better than Hall IMO.

shutehinside 11-12-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 74242927)
I'd say the contrary, the D is good, especially with Emelin back, we need goal scoring on forward.

Completely agree with you. We have one if the best defensive teams and the numbers show it. Wwe can't buy a goal most games. The fact we can't come back in 3rd periods is the most telling while we still don't have a regulation loss after leading for 2 periods.

Yakopov has game breaker potential if used correctly and in the right system. The Habs fast paced, high pressure system based on speed may be just what the doctor ordered. Add that with playing with Galchenyuk and we could have one of the most dynamic offensive lines for years to come between Yakopov Galchenyuk Gallagher. That line would give opponents fits for a long time and give us some serious scoring depth.

Smokey Thompson 11-12-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richiebottles (Post 74243179)
If they had drafted Seguin-Landeskog- Gally that would have been a much more balanced team then they have now. Seguin would be pure offense, gally would be well gally and Landeskog would be an awesome PWF winger. Better than Hall IMO.

I'd have gone with Hall and Landeskog. Hall is one of the best wingers in the game.

Nuge is a good center but Landeskog is a natural leader and plays with much more intensity than Nuge. He's also stronger and more versatile than Nuge.

ChoseLa 11-12-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richiebottles (Post 74243179)
If they had drafted Seguin-Landeskog- Gally that would have been a much more balanced team then they have now. Seguin would be pure offense, gally would be well gally and Landeskog would be an awesome PWF winger. Better than Hall IMO.

Sure, but with those players they get better high-end talent, in the end they only have to acquire a supporting cast instead of having to acquire 1st liners, Hall is much better than Landeskog i believe.

DenverHabsFan 11-12-2013 08:54 AM

Man, I thought the Habs forum had the most negative threads until I checked out the Oilers. :amazed:

Funny thing is, their Yakupov thread has comments that sound a lot like our complains about how MT uses PK.

To be honest, the Oilers are probably the team I follow the least out West so I don't know how Yakupov is developing so I think it's hard to assess his value in a trade.

However, I can predict with certainty, as is always the case with all trade rumors and proposals from Habs fans, we are grossly overestimating his value on the market. My guess is they get a couple of scrubs if they trade him and this board goes crazy with talk of firing MB. :laugh:

otto bond 11-12-2013 08:59 AM

interested? I would hope, but to make a trade for him, I dough it.

poetryinmotion 11-12-2013 09:01 AM

It's going to make me sad to see him go to an other team. I truly believe he would flourish here.

Devourers 11-12-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 74243065)
Yeah Therrien calls his player in public, he's done that a lot since he bacame HC. :sarcasm:

I don't see how this is sarcasm, he calls out Subban routinely.

ChoseLa 11-12-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devourers (Post 74243529)
I don't see how this is sarcasm, he calls out Subban routinely.

This is getting out of hand.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.