HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bergevin interested in Jake Chelios (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1538475)

WestIslander 11-14-2013 01:26 PM

Bergevin interested in Jake Chelios

As per his dad Chris Chelios, Bergevin is interested in 6'2" defenseman Jake Chelios from Michigan, apparently they have already spoken to him on a few occassions.

Imagine another Chelios in Montreal?

Subban - Chelios

;-)

AJMHABS 11-14-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestIslander (Post 74386097)
As per his dad Chris Chelios, Bergevin is interested in 6'2" defenseman Jake Chelios from Michigan, apparently they have already spoken to him on a few occassions.

Imagine another Chelios in Montreal?

Subban - Chelios

;-)

That would be cool, but can someone give me a little info on Jake Chelios?

Thanks in advance

habsrock76 11-14-2013 01:32 PM

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...89&encode=TRUE

Zilo44 11-14-2013 01:33 PM

wow, that's weird. If Hamilton really needs help, why not, but with guys like Thrower, Bennett, Ellis, Nygren, Pateryn and probably Beaulieu (or Tinordi) playing in Hamilton next year, I can't see how this guy will be useful.

He's Hamilton's Davis Drewiske !

Phil Parent 11-14-2013 01:34 PM

Well I know nothing about him but sure, why not.

ZARTONK 11-14-2013 01:38 PM

Might as well.....

montreal 11-14-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJMHABS (Post 74386175)
That would be cool, but can someone give me a little info on Jake Chelios?

Thanks in advance

haven't seen him this year but he's decent. I might be more interested in one of Michigan St's goalies, like both of them.

Phil Parent 11-14-2013 01:41 PM

Better scorer than Mackenzie MacEachern this year, as a D... Means very little, but it's something.

Ezpz 11-14-2013 01:42 PM

Hamilton could use a LD next year. Pateryn/Nygren/Beaulieu/Tinordi won't be waiver exempt forever. Ellis/Thrower/Dietz/one of Pateryn/Nygren will all be right handed shots in Hamilton. Likely zero LD down there based on who's signed now. My guess is Beaulieu gets traded(because he has negative amounts of character) and Tinordi starts with the Habs next season.

Would be a good signing even if it only gets us goodwill with Chelios. Getting him into our management and out of Detroit's would be helpful.

HatTricK09 11-14-2013 01:56 PM

Only if Chris Chelious comes out of retirement and plays for us as well :sarcasm:

Anyone got any info on his play? For someone who knows nothing about him, Danny Dekeyser comes out right away, situation wise, good comparison?

The Russian General 11-14-2013 02:33 PM

I wonder if he saw his dad play during the dinosaur era.

Godzilla 11-14-2013 02:42 PM

well, his Dad was nowhere near being highly prospected in the day, so maybe this kid could be another surprise. Who knows.

M.C.G. 31 11-14-2013 02:43 PM

is he any good...?

WestIslander 11-14-2013 02:45 PM

He is going to be a career AHL'er or 5th/6th defenseman in the NHL but needs to work harder, I think he can make it.

Beendair Donedat 11-14-2013 02:46 PM

I'd rather have his old man

coolasprICE 11-14-2013 02:47 PM

I predict he will play less NHL games over his career than Chris Chelios

Feintastic 11-14-2013 03:31 PM

why not... give him a try

Treb 11-14-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 74390217)
I predict he will play less NHL games over his career than Chris Chelios

I predict Christian Thomas will play less NHL games than Steve Thomas.

ChoseLa 11-14-2013 03:50 PM

I predict every active nhlers will play less games than Chelios.

OneSharpMarble 11-14-2013 04:03 PM

Is it another PR stunt or a legitimate move?

montreal 11-14-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 74386851)
Hamilton could use a LD next year. Pateryn/Nygren/Beaulieu/Tinordi won't be waiver exempt forever. Ellis/Thrower/Dietz/one of Pateryn/Nygren will all be right handed shots in Hamilton. Likely zero LD down there based on who's signed now. My guess is Beaulieu gets traded(because he has negative amounts of character) and Tinordi starts with the Habs next season.

Would be a good signing even if it only gets us goodwill with Chelios. Getting him into our management and out of Detroit's would be helpful.

I would think Mac Bennett gets inked if not in March or April when Michigan's season is over (unless he stays to graduate), so he's a LD option that should be with the Dogs next year. It's hard to say where Tinordi/Beaulieu/Nygren will be next season, at least there is no issue of waivers so the Habs can afford to take their time in that regard.

But with so many question marks as to how the D will look next year although re-sign Markov and Subban now would give them at least their top 4 signed for next season which would of course reduce some of those question marks. Personally at this point I'm not sold on any of Tinordi/Beaulieu/Nygren being full time NHLers next season. Not saying they can't or won't since it's still very early in the season so we'll see how it goes for them and then how the off-season goes/camp/preseason. If the Habs end up bringing back Diaz and Markov/Subban are re-signed that's not going to leave a lot of ice for too many rookies. Nygren is the one that is much harder to figure out how he will adjust to the NHL, as I could see him getting the call at some point so if it goes well that could change a lot of things as he does bring that much needed booming point shot. I do find it interesting that he's getting a lot of his ice with Tinordi as it makes a lot of sense but they have also had their fair share of problems so far. It will be interesting to see if they are kept together or not going deeper into the season if no injuries/callups.

Watsatheo 11-14-2013 04:53 PM

Thomas and Chelios...maybe he's collecting his buddies' character sons.

Carey Commit 11-14-2013 05:01 PM

He's like a bigger, stronger, better version of his dad. Will win multiple Norris trophies

TT1 11-14-2013 05:06 PM

c qui sa jake chelios, is this another blake kessel troll?

Davebo* 11-14-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 74393659)
Is it another PR stunt or a legitimate move?

I'm feeling less confident in Bergevins abilities lately. This does nothing to address our current needs