HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bourque (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1538507)

weeze 11-14-2013 02:46 PM

Bourque
 
I know he is struggling offensively (as every other Pred is) right now but he has shown me some real toughness and sticking up for his team mates. When Josi was hit by Downie who retaliated, Weber and Bourque. He jumped right on Downie and started beating on him. Then when Jones was checked into the boards, who jumped on the offender, Weber and Bourque again. We expect Weber to do those things being the Captain but seeing Bourque jump right in there and stick up for his team mates was very cool to see. To me that is Predator toughness, not Clune looking to fight anyone every game. Would like to see more real Predator toughness for team mates like Hornqvist when he gets hammered in front of opposing teams goalies, someone needs to step in and man up for him. We see it happening on other teams but not for Horny.

token grinder 11-14-2013 02:55 PM

re-watch the last game. I recall a few times Hornquist getting dumped on his keester and everyone's favorite whipping boy Legwand was the one sticking up for him, exchanging pleasantries, facewashing etc. No one wants to see that though. It makes criticisms like this junk.

weeze 11-14-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 74390573)
re-watch the last game. I recall a few times Hornquist getting dumped on his keester and everyone's favorite whipping boy Legwand was the one sticking up for him, exchanging pleasantries, facewashing etc. No one wants to see that though. It makes criticisms like this junk.

You are correct, I do remember that Leggy did jump in and stick up for Horny on a few occasions. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

PFL615 11-14-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 74390573)
re-watch the last game. I recall a few times Hornquist getting dumped on his keester and everyone's favorite whipping boy Legwand was the one sticking up for him, exchanging pleasantries, facewashing etc. No one wants to see that though. It makes criticisms like this junk.

Pulling out all the stops in his contract year. $ hungry

triggrman 11-14-2013 04:05 PM

lol, he's damned either way.

He plays well, he's only doing it because he's in a contract year (nevermind that he played well last season too.) If he doesn't he has not heart.

PFL615 11-14-2013 04:30 PM

Yep he has a nack for doing all the little things and being decent in a contract year. Sorry but i just wanted a lot more out Legwand over his career based on where he was drafted.

Drake744 11-14-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashville615 (Post 74395047)
Yep he has a nack for doing all the little things and being decent in a contract year. Sorry but i just wanted a lot more out Legwand over his career based on where he was drafted.

I've never liked that argument. He was drafted number 2 because that's where scouting put him. Hes been a solid two-way player for us since 1999. I don't care where he was drafted, that's impressive.

token grinder 11-14-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 74393723)
lol, he's damned either way.

He plays well, he's only doing it because he's in a contract year (nevermind that he played well last season too.) If he doesn't he has not heart.

Thank you. I am glad I am not the only one who sees this. Legwand is a good player, not a generational talent or even a go to guy. It has been 15 years. Time to accept it. by this same logic, Horquist, Rinne, Erat, etc. should never have sniffed the NHL

dulzhok 11-14-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 74393723)
lol, he's damned either way.

He plays well, he's only doing it because he's in a contract year (nevermind that he played well last season too.) If he doesn't he has not heart.

Yes his .5 ppg last year was just fabulous, and lead us to the magical land of lottery picks.

We'll see if Legwand keeps up the same scoring clip.. a clip only matched during his last contact year 7 freakin' years ago.

He definitely has an extra gear that he selectively uses-- typically playoffs and contact years. Unfortunately, I've seen the other 12 seasons where he hasn't used that gear.

101st_fan 11-15-2013 06:40 AM

Bourque showed in the past that he is capable of more than we're seeing from him this season. The forechecking and sticking up for teammates is great, but, he needs to produce. Harnessing the talent and using it to get the job done is an issue for several of our youngsters this season.

The argument that Legwand only performs in contract years is erroneous. His best season statistically was 06-07, his contract year was 07-08. He's had several stretches of play over the past couple seasons that were better statistically than the one he's on now.

token grinder 11-15-2013 12:28 PM

honestly, Bourque does nothing for me. He forechecks well, and thats about it. He showed flashes last year, but that is it. He is a moveable piece IMO, and just as redundant as a number of bottom sixers.

preds1 11-15-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 74442173)
honestly, Bourque does nothing for me. He forechecks well, and thats about it. He showed flashes last year, but that is it. He is a moveable piece IMO, and just as redundant as a number of bottom sixers.

Agree, does nothing for me either. He'd be bottom 6 on any other team.

As far as sticking up for Horny......he's a one trick pony.
Bread and butter is in front of the goalie just like Holmstrom. Getting dumped and face washed is part of it.
Gets over-board some games, sure, but no need to fight every other possession over it.

PFL615 11-15-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 74442173)
honestly, Bourque does nothing for me. He forechecks well, and thats about it. He showed flashes last year, but that is it. He is a moveable piece IMO, and just as redundant as a number of bottom sixers.

I would sure rather have Bourque over Clune, Hendricks, and Nystrom.

token grinder 11-15-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashville615 (Post 74446921)
I would sure rather have Bourque over Clune, Hendricks, and Nystrom.

I think I would rather have Nystrom and Hendricks than him. So let's get rid of Clune. We need to trim the bottom six fat

Drake744 11-15-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 74447809)
I think I would rather have Nystrom and Hendricks than him. So let's get rid of Clune. We need to trim the bottom six fat

We've had increasing bottom six fat for a few years now. This offseason we went to a KFC all-you-can-eat buffet and added that much more. Now comes the trimming down process. I hope...

thecloser 11-15-2013 03:49 PM

i'd rather keep clune and nystrom.

TMI 11-15-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 74390573)
re-watch the last game. I recall a few times Hornquist getting dumped on his keester and everyone's favorite whipping boy Legwand was the one sticking up for him, exchanging pleasantries, facewashing etc. No one wants to see that though. It makes criticisms like this junk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashville615 (Post 74392527)
Pulling out all the stops in his contract year. $ hungry

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 74393723)
lol, he's damned either way.

He plays well, he's only doing it because he's in a contract year (nevermind that he played well last season too.) If he doesn't he has not heart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashville615 (Post 74395047)
Yep he has a nack for doing all the little things and being decent in a contract year. Sorry but i just wanted a lot more out Legwand over his career based on where he was drafted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 74396341)
I've never liked that argument. He was drafted number 2 because that's where scouting put him. Hes been a solid two-way player for us since 1999. I don't care where he was drafted, that's impressive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 74397959)
Thank you. I am glad I am not the only one who sees this. Legwand is a good player, not a generational talent or even a go to guy. It has been 15 years. Time to accept it. by this same logic, Horquist, Rinne, Erat, etc. should never have sniffed the NHL

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 74422527)
Yes his .5 ppg last year was just fabulous, and lead us to the magical land of lottery picks.

We'll see if Legwand keeps up the same scoring clip.. a clip only matched during his last contact year 7 freakin' years ago.

He definitely has an extra gear that he selectively uses-- typically playoffs and contact years. Unfortunately, I've seen the other 12 seasons where he hasn't used that gear.

"B-O-U-R-Q-U-E" sure is a funny way of spelling Legwand.

triggrman 11-16-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 74461301)
"B-O-U-R-Q-U-E" sure is a funny way of spelling Legwand.

Haha welcome to hockeys future.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.