HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Whens the waiver Freeze (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15389)

Dancing Chicken 09-29-2003 01:33 PM

Whens the waiver Freeze

When is the trade freeze for waiver draft day??

Michalek 09-29-2003 02:30 PM

tOMORROW AFTERNOON

Kukla 09-29-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
When is the trade freeze for waiver draft day??

2pm est. Tuesday.

Dancing Chicken 09-29-2003 06:31 PM

Thanks..

Crossing fingers and Toes that Burke is not traded

HeHateMeFrisbee 09-29-2003 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
Thanks..

Crossing fingers and Toes that Burke is not traded

crossing fingers and toes that Cujo IS traded.

marcel 09-29-2003 06:37 PM

i'm hoping the leafs pick up todd gill from florida they need help on defense.lol

but in all seriousness mathieu snieder from detroit is rumoured to be available he makes 3.5 million

and a little help up front for the leafs how bout benny houge?he available and he's only 36...

Site Map

Blue Jackets release Hogue

Associated Press

9/29/2003

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The Columbus Blue Jackets released veteran left-winger Benoit Hogue from a tryout agreement on Monday.

Hogue, 36, had 222 goals and 321 assists in 863 NHL games with Buffalo, the New York Islanders, Toronto, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Boston and Washington.

After sitting out last season, Hogue tried to make the Blue Jackets' roster this fall.

p.l.f. 09-29-2003 06:55 PM

[QUOTE=marcel]i'm hoping the leafs pick up todd gill from florida they need help on defense.lol

but in all seriousness mathieu snieder from detroit is rumoured to be available he makes 3.5 million

and a little help up front for the leafs how bout benny houge?he available and he's only 36...

schneider would be nice.
i wonder if they could afford to add 3.5 :/

HeHateMeFrisbee 09-29-2003 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=p.l.f.]
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel
i'm hoping the leafs pick up todd gill from florida they need help on defense.lol

schneider would be nice.

wtf, schnieder will NOT be available. We just gave up 1st, and second rounder, plus Avery AND Kuznetsov. Are you ****ing mad?

Dorthmall 09-29-2003 07:04 PM

Quote:

I really doubt Schnieder is unprotected in the draft. Detroit gave up too much for him and Holland will look pretty bad if he gives him up for nothing.

FacelessButcher 09-29-2003 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=p.l.f.]
Quote:

schneider would be nice.

Schneider make $3.75 but I am sure its peanuts to the Leafs :D

thome_26 09-29-2003 07:04 PM

you guys may scoff, but he'd be a good fit for the Oilers. THey have lots of $$ to spend with the improved CDN dollar and with no 4.5 going to Comrie this year. Plus the Oilers need the Dman!

p.l.f. 09-29-2003 07:05 PM

i would think woolley, right ?

Ice Cream Man 09-29-2003 07:05 PM

Quote:

Well, if Hogue can't even make the Blue Jacket's lineup, what makes you think he'd be able to compete for a spot on the Leafs lineup?

I hate the Leafs as much as the next person, but even they have atleast a little talent on their 4th line...

...Hogue's finished. He should either A) go to Europe and play out his career, or B) retire. I just don't see any other option for him.

FacelessButcher 09-29-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
you guys may scoff, but he'd be a good fit for the Oilers. THey have lots of $$ to spend with the improved CDN dollar and with no 4.5 going to Comrie this year. Plus the Oilers need the Dman!

Nice, maybe but I think the owners should pocket some profit from the organization just once or put it in a piggy bank/stocks and save for the next time we might want to keep a guy who is drifting out of our salary range. Does anyone expect a lot of action tomorrow or will it be pretty mundane?

marcel 09-29-2003 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorthmall
I really doubt Schnieder is unprotected in the draft. Detroit gave up too much for him and Holland will look pretty bad if he gives him up for nothing.

============================================

WINGS TO MOVE SCHNEIDER?

TORONTO SUN: Lance Hornby reports the Detroit Red Wings are pleased with the pre-season performance of young defenceman Nicklas Kronwall. If Kronwall makes the team, Hornby suggests the Wings may shop veteran Mathieu Schneider to make room for the youngster.
----------------------------------------------------------------
so guys i never said wavier for mat...they are thinkin trade .guess i should have started a new thread

HeHateMeFrisbee 09-30-2003 05:07 AM

Quote:

============================================

WINGS TO MOVE SCHNEIDER?

TORONTO SUN: Lance Hornby reports the Detroit Red Wings are pleased with the pre-season performance of young defenceman Nicklas Kronwall. If Kronwall makes the team, Hornby suggests the Wings may shop veteran Mathieu Schneider to make room for the youngster.
----------------------------------------------------------------
so guys i never said wavier for mat...they are thinkin trade .guess i should have started a new thread

Jesus....This article from the TORONTO SUN, speculates that we would move Schnieder. For the Red Wings to move Schnieder, Ken Holland would have to publicly admit that he is a moron. I cant stress to you enough that Schnieder will NOT be traded, or waived for that fact, just because of what we gave up to get him. If any defenseman gets waived or traded, it will be Dandenault. Christ these boards have gone to ****.

PhoPhan 09-30-2003 11:42 AM

So I guess the rosters have been frozen with no action?