HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   a little off topic but... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=153944)

10 ft. pole 07-24-2005 03:06 PM

a little off topic but...

The penguins could be sick this year.

Recchi-Crosby-Lemieux
Straka-Malkin-Kovalev

Not too mention they have tons of cap room to fill in the defense.

Reaper45 07-24-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole

Recchi-Crosby-Lemieux
Straka-Malkin-Kovalev

They'd have to sign Malkin, Straka and Kovalev first.

McSorley 33 07-24-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
They'd have to sign Malkin, Straka and Kovalev first.

Without Malkin, who will mostly stay in Russia, they still look good. Glad thier in the Eastern conference!

:kings

KingsFan7824 07-24-2005 03:39 PM

Could be. But...

Tanguay-Forsberg-Hejduk
Kariya-Sakic-Selanne

Sometimes things don't always work out the way they're supposed to.

Deadmarsh-Allison-Palffy

Plenty of things can go wrong.

If the Pens can stay healthy, and expectations are met, they should be fun to watch.

Captain Ron 07-24-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33
Without Malkin, who will mostly stay in Russia, they still look good. Glad thier in the Eastern conference!

:kings

Unless I am wrong.........the Kings might not even play the Penguins this year.

dashripper 07-24-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole

Recchi-Crosby-Lemieux
Straka-Malkin-Kovalev

Considering their top two centers have never played a game in the NHL, Lemieux is 40 and may only play 30 games and Recchi and Straka are pretty well washed up and that whole second line is based on the fact that those three will sign-yeah-They look pretty good. :shakehead

Brodeur 07-24-2005 04:04 PM

Pens need to sign some defensemen first. A defense corp boasting Dick Tarnstrom, Brooks Orpik, Josef Melichar, and Michal Rozsival probably isn't going to go all that far.

And we might be expecting a little much from Crosby and Malkin in their first seasons. If Crosby gets to ride shotgun to Lemieux, I could see him pulling 60+ points. But Mario hasn't been the most durable guy.

I'd expet a guy like Malkin to have a similar career path to a Marleau or Jokinen.

I'd personally be surprised to see Crosby/Malkin match the production that Heatley/Kovalchuk did in 2001-02. And if they do, I'd say it's more likely that the Penguins record would be similar to those 2001-02 Thrashers.

kingbrath 07-24-2005 04:35 PM

It is going to be exciting to see Crosby play with Lemieux but I wouldnt expect a cup from them, at least not for a couple years anyways

dafranchz 07-24-2005 04:43 PM

Malkin is reported to be staying in Russia and that the Pens aren't ready to rush him over here. Though with the emergence of Crosby as a shoe-in pick..things can change in a moments notice...but I doubt it.