HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Kulemin, Liles and Holzer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1540513)

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:10 PM

Kulemin, Liles and Holzer

I'm wondering what these three would bring back in a trade? Kulemin is the main piece here, Liles is for PP, and Holzer is the perfect bottom line defenseman. I remember last year Toronto was in serious talks with St. Louis involving Ian Cole for Kulemin and Holzer (so he could replace Cole). Even Jaden Schwartz came up, but they would have wanted more. So I'm wondering how much these three (or any combination of the three) would get back in a trade?

CanuckBeSerious 11-17-2013 12:11 PM

Less than Ian Cole because Liles has negative value.

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdviceSeeker (Post 74552341)
Less than Ian Cole because Liles has negative value.

Oh, if it were for Ian Cole specifically, it would probably be the same as last year (Kulemin+Holzer for Cole+mid-low round pick).

Hurt 11-17-2013 12:15 PM

Liles has no value, Holzer has no value. Kulemin is the only interesting piece there.

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 74552485)
Liles has no value, Holzer has no value. Kulemin is the only interesting piece there.

How does Holzer have no value? If he was going to be traded to the Blues, he was going to play in the NHL. Liles had interest from Carolina as well, so there's obviously some sort of value there.

Schenn 11-17-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW (Post 74552593)
How does Holzer have no value? If he was going to be traded to the Blues, he was going to play in the NHL. Liles had interest from Carolina as well, so there's obviously some sort of value there.

When I see it, I'll believe it.

Dark Knight 11-17-2013 12:21 PM

Kulemin is one of our most important forwards. He's one of the best third liners in the league, IMO. We shouldn't even be thinking about moving him.

Halpysback* 11-17-2013 12:21 PM

I'd do it for Brooks Laich, maybe Laich + Beagle + 3rd.

Igy 11-17-2013 12:22 PM

I can see Kuli going to the Pens at the Deadline if Bolland is back by then, but not as a package with the other two.

Hurt 11-17-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW (Post 74552593)

That's a lot of hearsay. Who on the Blues D would Holzer displace? Their D is so good, they can't even find a place for Ian Cole to play full time.

For Liles, there was no actual discussion of value. It could have been that 'Carolina is interested in Liles... If we give them a pick'

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 74552883)
That's a lot of hearsay. Who on the Blues D would Holzer displace? Their D is so good, they can't even find a place for Ian Cole to play full time.

For Liles, there was no actual discussion of value. It could have been that 'Carolina is interested in Liles... If we give them a pick'

Oh it was because he would have replaced Cole's spot, that was part of the speculation in why they wanted a defenseman back. Also, Carolina isn't in a spot for that type of trade, so it wasn't. They have less cap available than the Leafs do.

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igy (Post 74552781)
I can see Kuli going to the Pens at the Deadline if Bolland is back by then, but not as a package with the other two.

Maybe, it could happen. Though the "Pens wanting Kulemin" thing isn't actually real :laugh:

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 74552747)
Kulemin is one of our most important forwards. He's one of the best third liners in the league, IMO. We shouldn't even be thinking about moving him.

We should because last year he wanted 4 million per year to make a deal. He's only a third line player, third line players should barely be paid Bolland money, and Bolland has far more to offer IMO.

Hurt 11-17-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW (Post 74552981)
Oh it was because he would have replaced Cole's spot, that was part of the speculation in why they wanted a defenseman back. Also, Carolina isn't in a spot for that type of trade, so it wasn't. They have less cap available than the Leafs do.

Then we take a cap dump from them. Is that something we want to do? Is that really interest? If we're taking a cap dump, are we getting anything of value? Ian Cole would be a nice piece but we'd have to give up something more than Holzer, I think.

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 74552755)
I'd do it for Brooks Laich, maybe Laich + Beagle + 3rd.

For all three?

BruinsBtn 11-17-2013 12:31 PM

Holzer passed through waivers earlier this year, no?

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 74553099)
Then we take a cap dump from them. Is that something we want to do? Is that really interest? If we're taking a cap dump, are we getting anything of value? Ian Cole would be a nice piece but we'd have to give up something more than Holzer, I think.

Well the only players who they could cap dump on us would be players we are actually using (i.e. Gleason, Pitkanen or Ruutu). Better than having Liles who is in the AHL right now. Also, maybe it is? Fraser, Ranger (if he waives his NTC), Brennan would all work, as long it's cheap. Holzer's cap hit is only 787.5 mill or something.

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsBtn (Post 74553161)
Holzer passed through waivers earlier this year, no?

No, I don't think so? I think he was sent down before the wavier period. That's partially why we aren't bringing him up for depth, because we'd probably lose him through waviers.

Darkhorse1280 11-17-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW (Post 74553211)
No, I don't think so? I think he was sent down before the wavier period. That's partially why we aren't bringing him up for depth, because we'd probably lose him through waviers.

No, he's right. Holzer was put on waivers before the start of the season.

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 (Post 74553475)
No, he's right. Holzer was put on waivers before the start of the season.

Oh, okay. I see now :laugh:

Halpysback* 11-17-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW (Post 74553113)
For all three?

Don't need Holzer

Mapleleafs Fan* 11-17-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW (Post 74553167)
Well the only players who they could cap dump on us would be players we are actually using (i.e. Gleason, Pitkanen or Ruutu). Better than having Liles who is in the AHL right now. Also, maybe it is? Fraser, Ranger (if he waives his NTC), Brennan would all work, as long it's cheap. Holzer's cap hit is only 787.5 mill or something.

ROFLMFAO. I am feeling like buying another top end GTA (Greater Toronto Area) team just like Isles and Rangers.

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 74553689)
Don't need Holzer

So Kulemin and Liles? That may not be too bad? Though I'd prefer someone who was a little younger than Beagle. Is there a possibility it can be a prospect with little value instead?

GordieHoweHatTrick 11-17-2013 01:20 PM

Kulemin is a fan favourite but I could see him signing in Washington to play with his buddy Grabovski, or Pittsburgh to play with his other buddy, Malkin

SeaOfBlue 11-17-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick (Post 74555057)
Kulemin is a fan favourite but I could see him signing in Washington to play with his buddy Grabovski, or Pittsburgh to play with his other buddy, Malkin

Or we can trade him there ;) I wouldn't mind seeing him being traded to Washington with Liles for Laich+