HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Claimed off Waivers: Dustin Jeffrey claimed by Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1540533)

SCBdude 11-17-2013 11:30 AM

Dustin Jeffrey claimed by Stars

Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey
Quote:

Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has claimed forward Dustin Jeffrey off waivers. The team also announced that it has reassigned defenseman Aaron Rome to the Texas Stars, Dallas' development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691955

Hurt 11-17-2013 11:31 AM

Was he not playing well in PITT?

SteenMachine 11-17-2013 11:34 AM

Seems like a decent snag for Dallas but I don't have the context of it all.

Mike Farkas 11-17-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 74553137)
Was he not playing in PITT?

More so this, but that was influenced a bit by the unedited original quote.

Dying Alive 11-17-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Pens fans cried and cried because Bylsma wouldn't give him ice time and when he did get in to games he was either invisible or terrible. I don't think he was a bad player but he was useless and redundant here. I hope he does well in Dallas, he seemed like a nice enough guy.

wej20 11-17-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

He was alright, Bylsma didn't seem to like him at all though. He ideally needs to be a 3rd line centre but he needs to grow into the role, he has absolutely no snarl.

Big McLargehuge 11-17-2013 11:42 AM

Solid player who was forced into a Swiss Army Knife role in Pittsburgh...he can do everything, but absolutely nothing about his game stands out because of the fact he was never doing the same thing for long. His upside was pretty well tanked because of that (and the fact that Bylsma benched him for games at a time for no damn reason, Bylsma's twisted version of 'accountability' made Jeffrey a bit of a scapegoat), but he still should be a solid bottom sixer in this league.

That said, he's either been invisible or bad when in the line-up this year...so...eh. Bad asset management, but the team really isn't any worse off for it. Best of luck to Jeffrey in finding a more permanent role in Dallas.

Ugene Malkin 11-17-2013 11:51 AM

Dallas got a pretty good player if given the chance to stick into a role of either 3rd line LW/C position. He clearly was out of favor since his knee injury, he was doing quite well for himself leading up to that, shame. Hope all the best to him, he deserves a roster spot and if it means somewhere else then so be it.

Good Luck, DJ Jazzy!

Will miss these.

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-co...10/giphy-1.gif

Vitto79 11-17-2013 12:07 PM

I know his sister in law and he wanted out of pits for a while to get playing time

wej20 11-17-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 74554481)
I know his sister in law and he wanted out of pits for a while to get playing time

Not surprised at all.

Rivet52 11-17-2013 12:17 PM

It's weird that there was no announcement that he was even waived. :huh:

yankeesdynsty* 11-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 74553393)
He was alright, Bylsma didn't seem to like him at all though. He ideally needs to be a 3rd line centre but he needs to grow into the role, he has absolutely no snarl.

Again, I'll say it, just FIRE Bylsma, he is the worthless one on the team, doesn't like to change anything up, unless its for the 2014 Olympics

idiroft 11-17-2013 12:21 PM

If this envolves scratching goons like Garbutt or Roussel it should improve the league.

gordie 11-17-2013 12:23 PM

Pens keep Dan Bylsma Pet the 36 year old Craig Adams and put 25 year old Dustin Jeffrey on Waivers. Sums up the problems we have here in Pittsburgh at the moment.:shakehead

yankeesdynsty* 11-17-2013 12:26 PM

Since the 09 cup win, the Pens have gone down the ski hill. Prior, the Bylsma, team was built to win, now they moving downward. He was a grinder as a player & coaches like one. Sits on leads & costs them games. Pens had many players to make all round team, not now. Example, money tied up in long term contract(s) (Malkin/Letang etc). When they could trade someone like say Letang, free up $ and bring in more forwards, they have young defenseman so I'm told, unless they they are not good.

yankeesdynsty* 11-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordie (Post 74555207)
Pens keep Dan Bylsma Pet the 36 year old Craig Adams and put 25 year old Dustin Jeffrey on Waivers. Sums up the problems we have here in Pittsburgh at the moment.:shakehead

Agree Adams can go as well, useless

Burgs 11-17-2013 12:35 PM

Jeffrey is quite a versatile guy, can do a bit of everything. Plays LW or C, was very productive as a 1st liner in the AHL, can kill penalties as well. His problem was (other than not being part of Bylsma's thirtysomething poker buddies) that he isn't great at any one thing so he never found a niche. A bit too slow and too soft to be a 4th line grinder, and there will always be more skilled players on the scoring lines. His ACL tear just as he was about to become a regular on the Pens some years ago decided his fate here. I'm just glad he's getting to play somewhere else now.

Primetimey* 11-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idiroft (Post 74555091)
If this envolves scratching goons like Garbutt or Roussel it should improve the league.

TIL Garbutt and Roussel are goons.

yankeesdynsty* 11-17-2013 12:57 PM

I'm assuming no-one here believes the Pens should FIRE Bylsma which can help solve the problem in Pittsburgh. Everyone blames players for not producing, in that case, then Malkin should be scoring GOALS, not just getting assists for peeks sake. Bylsma needs to learn to change things up. Like last year when Iginla expressed playing next to Crosby, did it happen, NO, Bylsma uses him on his off wing next to Malkin. If a player expresses interests, Bylsma will do opposite. He is not that great of coach. change coach, then move from there. I would love to see Jeffrey play extremely well to stick it up Bylsma & Shero's BUTT!!!!!!!!!

yankeesdynsty* 11-17-2013 01:01 PM

I forgot, all the Pens fans love him too much for the 09 cup which was 4 years ago, I repeat, 4 years ago. He has good regular season record, but come playoffs, where is here, vacationing already, oh I forgot, the fans love him too much

PAZ 11-17-2013 01:04 PM

How many players have the Pens lost via waivers over the past few years? Seems like a decent amount.

penguins2946* 11-17-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 74557241)
How many players have the Pens lost via waivers over the past few years? Seems like a decent amount.

Over the last few years, these are the young players we lost for essentially nothing:

Letestu (trade)
Jeffery (waived)
Tangradi (trade)
Strait (waived)
Lovejoy (trade)

No one extreme there. Pens board is having an aneurism about this though, like we waived Bennett or something. He's a depth F, no more.

Stonewall 11-17-2013 01:20 PM

inb4 he is on a list of waiver mistakes 5 years from now.

eXile59 11-17-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesdynsty (Post 74556873)
I'm assuming no-one here believes the Pens should FIRE Bylsma which can help solve the problem in Pittsburgh. Everyone blames players for not producing, in that case, then Malkin should be scoring GOALS, not just getting assists for peeks sake. Bylsma needs to learn to change things up. Like last year when Iginla expressed playing next to Crosby, did it happen, NO, Bylsma uses him on his off wing next to Malkin. If a player expresses interests, Bylsma will do opposite. He is not that great of coach. change coach, then move from there. I would love to see Jeffrey play extremely well to stick it up Bylsma & Shero's BUTT!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about? Go look at the Pens board. There are a lot of us that realize that Bylsma has become a problem.

Not that Malkin doesn't need to play better because he does. So does Letang but the Bylsmagic has ran out & people are jumping ship.

As for DJ I wish him the best of luck. He kicked Bylsma's dog or something because he really never got a real chance & once Engelland started playing forward over him it became embarrassing.

SimplySolace 11-17-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 74558125)
What are you talking about? Go look at the Pens board. There are a lot of us that realize that Bylsma has become a problem.

Not that Malkin doesn't need to play better because he does. So does Letang but the Bylsmagic has ran out & people are jumping ship.

Off topic, but sounds a lot like Detroit and Babcock.