HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Atlanta - LA trade idea (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=154157)

Malakian#13 07-25-2005 05:34 AM

Atlanta - LA trade idea

how would everybody feel about this trade?

To Los Angeles: Dany Heatley, Pick #8
To Atlanta: Alexander Frolov, Denis Grebeshkov, Noah Clarke, Pick #11

Kings take Carey Price or are shocked Anze Kopitar is on the board at #8

Atlanta takes Marek Zagraphan #11

mysteryman 07-25-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakian#13

If only we could Atlanta to bite on it its a dream come true. Im sure Noah Clarke would really be the deal breaker though...why keep a guy like Heatley when you get Noah Clarke?

King'sPawn 07-25-2005 12:15 PM

Honestly, at this point I wouldn't do (or expect) any trades until we're at least a quarter into the season. There are so many UFAs, teams would rather acquire talent without giving up their core players.

The exception, of course, is when it comes to trading picks. If you want the Kings to move up, I would offer something up to Lehoux and the 11th overall for the 8th overall.

took420s 07-25-2005 03:02 PM

Why give up Lehoux and our pick just to move up 3 spots?

You were right to discourage any trades until after the season so i don't see why you want to make one in the draft. We have enough "prospects" what we need are some players.

We'll bring up Cammalleri, give Lehoux the 1st line center spot in Manchester and watch him take off.

King'sPawn 07-25-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by took420s
Why give up Lehoux and our pick just to move up 3 spots?

You were right to discourage any trades until after the season so i don't see why you want to make one in the draft. We have enough "prospects" what we need are some players.

We'll bring up Cammalleri, give Lehoux the 1st line center spot in Manchester and watch him take off.

I suggest giving up Lehoux and our pick because honestly, at this point, Lehoux has done nothing to make himself an NHL caliber player... at least not a top NHL player. I know he had a great AHL season before being injured, but at this moment we'd be trading AHL talent and a top 15 pick for a top 10 pick. However, if you think Lehoux is too much, maybe Clarke or James could be traded.

As to why we make trades in the draft... there's a difference between trading players and trading prospects. You can't immediately sign prospects to fill a need. You CAN sign impact players to make your present team better.

However, if you can trade one or two prospects who have a slight chance at becoming an impact player, and acquire a prospect who has a better chance at becoming an impact player, it doesn't hurt to gamble from time to time. This is especially true if one of the top five prospects drop down a la the Blake Wheeler effect.

Albi 07-25-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakian#13

If Frolov decides to play the rest of his career...YES!
Seriously, pretty intriguing offer.

Reaper45 07-25-2005 08:16 PM

I wouldn't do it. Heatley didn't even look remotely like himself at the WC's. I'd pass.