HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Michal Handzus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=154218)

TheGreatOne99 07-25-2005 11:12 AM

Michal Handzus

Hey, Sabres fan here, I was just wondering about the stats of Michal Handzus, is he under contract, will Philly try to re-sign him if he is not under contract?

Brad* 07-25-2005 02:49 PM

He signed a three year contract in 2004, so he has a few seasons left.

VaFlyer 07-25-2005 03:55 PM

You give us Chris Drury and you can have him...

blah 07-25-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaFlyer

lol, never happening.

John Flyers Fan 07-25-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

I'd prefer Handzus.

King Fish 07-25-2005 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I'd prefer Handzus.

I'd prefer a bag of pucks :D

FlyHigh 07-25-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I'd prefer Handzus.

Seconded.

mercury 07-26-2005 01:55 AM

Put Kalinin on the table, and we can talk about Zeus to Buffalo. Or maybe Tallinder (young Ragnarsson, IMO) plus a top prospect or young scoring winger.

Stonehands77 07-26-2005 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Seconded.

Thirded...of course, I have an inherent bias against Drury anyway (played for BU, I went to Northeastern). But Zeus brings far more to the table than Drury, IMHO.

TheGreatOne99 07-26-2005 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info, Hanzus is the first player i notice when i watch the Flyers, great in teh corners and in the circle, decent skills, and a great mean streak, not to mention he is huge.

If there is one player in the Sabres that can be deemed untouchable it would be Kalinin.

Gags1288 07-26-2005 03:25 PM

I'd take Vanek for Zus or Roy + for Zus. The Sabres do have quite a few intriguing young players.

mercury 07-26-2005 03:29 PM

I wouldn't want to trade Zeus unless we were getting at least one good player ready to get significant minutes right away.

VaFlyer 07-26-2005 03:46 PM

Drury brings something to Philly that Handzus does not, he can play wing. As a left winger he does this to our lineup:

(Of note Drury 53 pts in 76 games .69ppg, Handzus 58 pts in 82 games .70ppg)

Gagne/Carter/Roenick
Drury/Richards/Knuble
Kapanen/Primeau/Stevenson
Brashear/Sharp/Radio

mercury 07-26-2005 04:39 PM

What about Radivojevic?

Nikkowar 07-26-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

Seconded.

ok in that case,I fourth it.

Vikke 07-26-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Drury brings something to Philly that Handzus does not, he can play wing. As a left winger he does this to our lineup:

Gagne/Carter/Roenick
Drury/Richards/Knuble
Brashear/Sharp/Radio

I'm not sure I want two rookie centers on the top two lines...

rigger 07-26-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
ok in that case,I fourth it.

Fourtheded

I actually don't agree but I wanted to say fourtheded, sorry.

rigger 07-26-2005 06:06 PM

Dang, I mean i fifthed it, aww it doesn't sound as good.

budscweizer16 07-26-2005 07:00 PM

Drury + Pyatt

for

Handzus

FlyHigh 07-26-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Gagne/Carter/Roenick
Drury/Richards/Knuble
Brashear/Sharp/Radio

No offense man, but that's just ugly.

2 rookies who have never played before in the NHL, a guy who will be 34 two months into the season, and a guy with 44 career NHL games.

I can just see the Devils, TB, Toronto, and Ottawa shaking in their boots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by budscweizer16

Drury + Pyatt

for

Handzus

Deal is sort of unrealistic there. I would do it in a second of course my love for Handzus notwithstanding. No way Buffalo pulls the trigger on it. Pyatt has shown signs of becoming a great PF and he's only 23. I like Handzus better than Drury, but not by a lot. I would actually love to have Drury on the team, just not for Zeus.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, is there any way outside of Carter, Richards, Pitkanen, and Gagne that Kalinin could become a Flyer? I think he will turn into a heck of a player.

salzy 07-26-2005 08:36 PM

How about this:

Buffalo and Philly make an arrangement with Satan's agent (Clarkie, check with Eklund if you need his number). Buffalo agrees to buy out Satan, Philly agrees to pay Satan the remainder of his contract and reimburse the Sabres for the buyout. Buffalo agrees to send their first rounder to Philly for Handzus.

In effect,

Philly gets Satan and a first
Buffalo gets Handzus and a few million
Satan gets full value of his contract and gets to go to a contender. He might get more money on the open market, but he might not. Or Buffalo could hold over the possibility of tendering him and dealing him somewhere he doesn't want to go.

RJ8812* 07-26-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, is there any way outside of Carter, Richards, Pitkanen, and Gagne that Kalinin could become a Flyer? I think he will turn into a heck of a player.

no, i highly doubt it

mercury 07-26-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salzy
How about this:

Buffalo and Philly make an arrangement with Satan's agent (Clarkie, check with Eklund if you need his number). Buffalo agrees to buy out Satan, Philly agrees to pay Satan the remainder of his contract and reimburse the Sabres for the buyout. Buffalo agrees to send their first rounder to Philly for Handzus.

In effect,

Satan gets full value of his contract and gets to go to a contender. He might get more money on the open market, but he might not. Or Buffalo could hold over the possibility of tendering him and dealing him somewhere he doesn't want to go.

How much is Satan's contract for each year and for how long?

FlyHigh 07-26-2005 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salzy
How about this:

In effect,

I don't do it if I'm PHI as much as I'd like to. Our center core would be completely depleted. I like that idea of trading something for Satan though, maybe a couple mil and a 2nd?

greatwhite101* 07-27-2005 08:52 AM

Why is everyone trying to unload Handzus. I know we have Carter and Richards. Last time I checked they were still rookies with successful OHL WJC and AHL seasons. Id keep Handzus for one more season (at least). JR and Keith Primeau are not getting any younger.