HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Question for season ticket holders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1545297)

tailgunner 11-24-2013 04:57 PM

Question for season ticket holders

Will there be a skating party on MSG ice this season?

Mr Atoz* 11-24-2013 07:12 PM

Hoping for Peggy Fleming?

Giacomin 11-24-2013 07:16 PM

They used to have it during October or November so probably not. I for one wish MSG would bring back the beer cups:cheers:

GordonGecko 11-24-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailgunner (Post 74956105)

Yes, they haven't set the date yet. But it's only for STHs who renewed specifically with a Chase credit card

Giacomin 12-30-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGecko (Post 74964053)
Yes, they haven't set the date yet. But it's only for STHs who renewed specifically with a Chase credit card

Anybody hear anything yet?

Rangers110 12-30-2013 03:08 PM

I would prefer they offer us free pre-season tickets instead of spending their ( our) money on season subscriber forums, skating parties, etc.

Before season ticket prices got out of hand it wasn't that big a deal that we had to buy 3 pre-season games. Now it really adds up in a hurry with the current price of season tickets.

superyan 12-31-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers110 (Post 77009057)
I would prefer they offer us free pre-season tickets instead of spending their ( our) money on season subscriber forums, skating parties, etc.

Before season ticket prices got out of hand it wasn't that big a deal that we had to buy 3 pre-season games. Now it really adds up in a hurry with the current price of season tickets.

I agree with you, but also consider myself lucky that we haven't had preseason games in 3 years and they play a few 'home games' outside of MSG. They also give a pretty steep discount for regular season games compared to what non-subscribers pay.

Blueshirt Special 12-31-2013 08:47 AM

I could do without the skating party. never attended, and I have kids that play hockey.

I enjoy the "meet & greets" with a panel of players. They can be pretty cool and they are done with some class. Food, open bar etc.

As for pre-season, yeah it's been nice without those but it's really just factored into the whole season anyway. So, if there is "non price increase" next year, there really IS because you will have to pay pre-season games. It's reaaly just a way for them to keep the price written on the ticket down for some psychological marketing angle. (UNDER $80.00!!)

I also like the memorabilia gifts that come with renewing. Some are pretty cool.

Parking discount coupon is useful, but I'm glad they did away with those other stupid coupons for "1.00 off a soda after you buy 2 hot dogs and a soda". NEVER used one.

It would be nice if they threw you one bone per season like a "free meal" at any food station.

Blueshirt Special 12-31-2013 08:57 AM

On another note: I'm a little disappointed coming to the realization that there may never be a "home" Winter Classic for The Rangers.

Any thoughts on this?

patnyrnyg 12-31-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special (Post 77049429)
On another note: I'm a little disappointed coming to the realization that there may never be a "home" Winter Classic for The Rangers.

Any thoughts on this?

I really do not think the tax credit is an issue. If the NHL and NBC wants a Rangers-Bruins WC in Yankee Stadium, it will happen.

Giacomin 12-31-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 77051511)
I really do not think the tax credit is an issue. If the NHL and NBC wants a Rangers-Bruins WC in Yankee Stadium, it will happen.

You are totally wrong on the tax issue. If they want the Rangers-Bruins in Yankee Stadium Boston would be the home team

GordonGecko 12-31-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giacomin (Post 77051839)
You are totally wrong on the tax issue. If they want the Rangers-Bruins in Yankee Stadium Boston would be the home team

Exactly right, and the Bruins would never have a home game here.

The most likely scenario is the Rangers hosting at Metlife Stadium

patnyrnyg 12-31-2013 01:07 PM

Not buying it. Only place I ever see any mention of the tax issue is on this site.

Blueshirt Special 12-31-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 77064603)
Not buying it. Only place I ever see any mention of the tax issue is on this site.

I'm pretty sure I read a legit article (Post?) regarding the tax implications if the Rangers were ever to play a "home" game somewhere other than MSG. I think they would bascially forfeit whatever tax break they are getting from the City of New York which I'm sure is substantial. So I really don't think it's going to happen which is kind of beat because I didn't go to Philly because I figured we'd get a home game at some point.

I gotta figure that's why teh Stadium Series was invented in the first place? It also gives other teams an opportunity to play and outdoor game without the obligation of hostig that comes with the WC.

patnyrnyg 12-31-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special (Post 77065155)
I'm pretty sure I read a legit article (Post?) regarding the tax implications if the Rangers were ever to play a "home" game somewhere other than MSG. I think they would bascially forfeit whatever tax break they are getting from the City of New York which I'm sure is substantial. So I really don't think it's going to happen which is kind of beat because I didn't go to Philly because I figured we'd get a home game at some point.

I gotta figure that's why teh Stadium Series was invented in the first place? It also gives other teams an opportunity to play and outdoor game without the obligation of hostig that comes with the WC.

Did you use the word "legit" in regards to the NY Post? I remember reading about it, too. However, the articles all seemed like speculation. Kind of like yesterday when John Mara said the Giants offense was broken and every reporter put out articles that Gilbride will be fired. Granted, he might be, but right now it is all specualtion.

Blueshirt Special 12-31-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 77065437)
Did you use the word "legit" in regards to the NY Post? I remember reading about it, too. However, the articles all seemed like speculation.

OK, good one! :laugh:

patnyrnyg 12-31-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGecko (Post 77053693)
Exactly right, and the Bruins would never have a home game here.

The most likely scenario is the Rangers hosting at Metlife Stadium

Meadowlands would be a much better option anyway. Bigger, and shaped the same as a hockey arena.

Giacomin 01-02-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailgunner (Post 74956105)

Just spoke to my rep. The Rangers will be having a skating party most likely during the Olympic break. They are just finalizing everything.