HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Satan a good fit in Philly ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=154578)

Hufi 07-26-2005 10:36 AM

Satan a good fit in Philly ?

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/buf050726.html

Miroslav Satan's days in as a Sabre appear to be over.
The Buffalo News has learned that Satan's tenure in Buffalo will end either with a discharge or a trade, maybe within a few days.

Satan is a restricted free agent who would make nearly $4 million this season, about 14 percent of the team's target payroll, and become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

According to the News, the Sabres will either decline to tender a qualifying offer or retain his rights for the purposes of trading them away for as little as a draft pick.

Satan said he had no insight into what his future will be.
"I didn't speak to (Sabres management) yet," Satan told the News. "I'm just trying to wait and see what happens.

"I'm going to be a professional and not say anything more. I'm just going to wait and make no comments."

While the Sabres aren't expected to buy out any of their players under contract, the News believes Satan may not be the only restricted free agent they let go.

"What that will play off of is what we think is available in the unrestricted free agent market, what we see in the form of buyouts, what we see relative to possible trades," Sabres GM Darcy Regier told the paper. "So I think it's too early to say whether or not we'll qualify everybody."

GKJ 07-26-2005 10:44 AM

It would be nice, we have to sign our own guys first, but yeah, we sure could use him

12# Peter Bondra 07-26-2005 11:00 AM

He could work out in Philly. He NEEDS a change of scenery and get out of BUF.

And he could play with Handzus, who he likes to play with a lot and would play on a team with other Slovaks, which may be the reason he doesnt like it there THAT much anymore.

Jester 07-26-2005 11:19 AM

he was all for coming to Philly in a trade a couple years ago. in fact, i remember him openly lobbying for it at the All-Star game... it has also widely been rumored that Clarke has attempted to trade for him in the past without success... so if we got the space i think he may make sense as a potential signee.

FlyersProspect2 07-26-2005 12:00 PM

I think we seriously should consider him. Imagin the head line after he scores a game winner against the Devils

Satan burns Devils. :yo:

FlyHigh 07-26-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2

I love it :biglaugh:

Steve L* 07-26-2005 12:53 PM

Id take him in a heartbeat....but not for $4m or more.

swflyers8* 07-26-2005 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
I think we seriously should consider him. Imagin the head line after he scores a game winner against the Devils

They are our second opponent of the season at home.

Brad* 07-26-2005 04:14 PM

I think he'd be an excellent fit on the Flyers, actually. I think Clarke should really take a hard look at him.

CNote 07-26-2005 04:50 PM

I would love it if Philly could land Satan! That's almost jersey-worthy!

mikedifr 07-28-2005 12:43 AM

Gagne Handzus Satan??

Looks like a nice #1 line to me.

FlyersHomer DM03 07-28-2005 12:59 AM

with satan on the market, definitely the free agent i like the most...a winger who can put goals on the board and be a teriffic complement to gagne...go get him, spend the money if you have to...and man, if satan plays for us the way he always played against us, he's gonna break some records...

bobbyboucher24 07-28-2005 06:28 AM

I have a good friend who lives in Bratislava. He used to rave to me about Satan when he was still playing for Slovan Bratislava before coming to the NHL. He was clearly his favorite player, even at such a young age. I made my friend a Flyers fan, so if Satan (pronounced SHA-ton) ever became a Flyer, my friend would be in his glory.