HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1546531)

Langway 11-26-2013 12:39 PM

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVI

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1533327

Capitlols 11-26-2013 12:48 PM

Klesa sucks.

AlexBrovechkin8 11-26-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitlols (Post 75056111)
Klesa sucks.

We suck.

Carlzner 11-26-2013 01:21 PM

Okay cool, another free shot at a 2nd pairing LD. Don't mess this up like you did Smid.

capitalsrock 11-26-2013 01:27 PM

Erat for 2nd

Claim Klesla

trick9 11-26-2013 01:36 PM

Don't get overly excited about Klesla. There is no way he gets past Oilers and Islanders.

SimplySensational 11-26-2013 01:43 PM

Told you guys.

Anyways, you have to have the cap space free, cannot claim then clear space.

Halpysback 11-26-2013 01:48 PM

Another easily acquirable 2LD just passing by.

Thanks McNoCup.

AlexBrovechkin8 11-26-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 75059667)
Another easily acquirable 2LD just passing by.

Thanks McNoCup.

"We like our team."

SimplySensational 11-26-2013 01:51 PM

You guys are still coveting him when hes been put on waivers. Hilarious.

BrooklynCapsFan 11-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 75059833)

Almost as hilarious as liking Neuvirth.

Halpysback 11-26-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobRouse (Post 75058627)
Have to agree with you guys. Returns thus far have shown that it hasn't been executed all that well.

Its still early but I think GMGM has not done enough to obtain grit where its REALLY needed...on the D. Wilson, Latta etc need time to develop more.

I also agree that Erat is far harder to play against than some guys who get more time ahead of him.

I also think we need more skill in the top 6. Kuznetsov should help with that tho.

It hasn't executed well because he has no idea how to do it. GMGM simply does not understand roster composition in any capacity. He does not think of how players think together, what identity lines could have. He sees a guy with some NHL 13 specs and maybe a reputation, goes out and gets him, plugs him into the roster and learns nothing when that guy fails. And he does not even know how his coaches see particular players

For example, if you wanted to make a tough to play against roster this year.

- acquire Dave Bolland
- Sign Matt Cooke
- Sign Lapierre
- trade for Steve Downie
- trade for Ladislav Smid
- get Klesla

Cooke Bolland Downie
Chimera Lapierre Wilson
Latta Enforcer (cause by god we'd need one)

Alzner Carlson
Smid Orlov
Klesla Green/someone tougher to play against than Green who has some PMD skill.
That's tough to play against. Pain in the ass tough. Roll that first 5 minutes of a game and you have Crosby running around crying the next 55 instead of playing hockey.

Halpysback 11-26-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

You're right, no good player has ever been waived and proceed to be good somewhere else.

Your hockey insight just never ceases to amaze.

SDBondra 11-26-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Urbom was waived and he's been very good for us. Hilarious, indeed.

caps4cup 11-26-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan (Post 75060013)
Almost as hilarious as liking Neuvirth.

This. Neuvirth isn't even a good back up, let alone a good starter.

BobRouse 11-26-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caps4cup (Post 75061177)
This. Neuvirth isn't even a good back up, let alone a good starter.

Thats garbage. He's a good goalie and has already carried the load for an entire season and showed well. He's still very young for a goalie too.

Guys like Klesla can actually be traded easier than getting claimed on waivers in a salary cap world where many teams would have to send salary back in order to make room for a player.

Halpysback 11-26-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBondra (Post 75060917)
Urbom was waived and he's been very good for us. Hilarious, indeed.

Or just looking back off the top of my head

Jokinen (~PPG with the pens)
Peverley
Briere
Bryzgalov (when he was good)
St. Louis
Souray
Sharp (pretty sure but could have just been dumped)

g00n 11-26-2013 02:24 PM

GMGM is the King of Dumpster Diving. He'll try to get in on this for sure.

Halpysback 11-26-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobRouse (Post 75061375)
Thats garbage. He's a good goalie and has already carried the load for an entire season and showed well. He's still very young for a goalie too.

Guys like Klesla can actually be traded easier than getting claimed on waivers in a salary cap world where many teams would have to send salary back in order to make room for a player.

There's a chance you see him clear and then get traded with minor salary coming back or being retained like with Jokinen. Waiving him was prob easier than making 30 phone calls.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 11-26-2013 02:36 PM

I still don't get the move from a Phoenix perspective. By all accounts, he's playing well when on the ice. There's no risk of exceeding the Cap.

The only thing that would make sense is they're trying to make salary room in their internal budget for an addition.

It's a mystery why they couldn't get at least a modest future for him from somebody.

Langway 11-26-2013 02:45 PM

Looking at teams with semi-expendable $~4M defensemen they're almost all within the Metro division (Gleason, Volchenkov, Meszaros). There aren't all that many good fits out there, assuming that's the sort of deal that will have to be made. I wouldn't doubt having to waive Erat at some point, which I guess Erat would agree to.

BobRouse 11-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 75061591)
There's a chance you see him clear and then get traded with minor salary coming back or being retained like with Jokinen. Waiving him was prob easier than making 30 phone calls.

This is what I see happening.

I bet there are teams interested who just don't have the cap space to make it happen. If they could send some back then they'd be willing to part with a pick or player to make it happen.

trick9 11-26-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 75061591)

This isn't fantasy hockey. You don't waive players just because you are lazy. :help:

He will be claimed, so many teams need defensive help. Most of them have cap left aswell.

CapitalsCupFantasy 11-26-2013 02:51 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Perreault finding his niche with Ducks

BobRouse 11-26-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 75062873)
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Perreault finding his niche with Ducks

You know whats funny?

I was one of the few who supported MP85 the whole way thru his time here even suggesting we should give him a long look at 2C. Most disagreed and wanted him gone.

When we got rid of him its then proof GMGM is an idiot when the very same posters didn't want MP to begin with.

I'm glad he is doing well and that BB is doing well.