HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Primeau rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15472)

obcd1 09-29-2003 05:39 PM

Primeau rumor
 
"Ckac's Ron Fournier is reporting that there is "heavy talks" between Gm Bob Gainey and Gm Bob Clarke .. Gainey is inquiring about the services of 6'5 centre Keith Primeau. It is believed that Perrault might be part of the deal since the Habs need to get rid of a centre from the emergence of Mike Ribeiro. At 6'5 , 220 lbs, Primeau would be a huge player for the habs."

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

RE-HABS 09-29-2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcd1
"Ckac's Ron Fournier is reporting that there is "heavy talks" between Gm Bob Gainey and Gm Bob Clarke .. Gainey is inquiring about the services of 6'5 centre Keith Primeau. It is believed that Perrault might be part of the deal since the Habs need to get rid of a centre from the emergence of Mike Ribeiro. At 6'5 , 220 lbs, Primeau would be a huge player for the habs."

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

Perreault may score more, but Primeau will be there for 82 games in every aspect...I would do this, especially for the added size, toughness and leadership that Keith would bring to this team.

NHLcrazy 09-29-2003 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcd1
"Ckac's Ron Fournier is reporting that there is "heavy talks" between Gm Bob Gainey and Gm Bob Clarke .. Gainey is inquiring about the services of 6'5 centre Keith Primeau. It is believed that Perrault might be part of the deal since the Habs need to get rid of a centre from the emergence of Mike Ribeiro. At 6'5 , 220 lbs, Primeau would be a huge player for the habs."

http://www.spectorshockey.net/


Would be great but they would want way more Perreault....

obcd1 09-29-2003 05:45 PM

well it says that Perrault would be "part" of the deal, so he meant that the Habs would give more.

obcd1 09-29-2003 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
Primeau and Gagne for Breezer and Perrault and Dykhuis and Traverse and Bouillon

:lol: <- This would be the face of Bobby Clarke if you proposed him that deal

RichardZednik#20 09-29-2003 05:50 PM

On trade rumor board, it says that Clarke would ask for G Mathieu Garon. But I don't trust Ron Fournier at all. His show might be funny at times but he has no clue what he is talking about. Plus Primeau cost 5 mil$ a year witch is more than Koivu and he would become the Habs most overpaid player, ahead of Brisebois and Audette. Is scoring toutch is over and he is becoming more and more a defensive specialiste in PHI. And he will be a UFA at the end of the season and will probably sing somewhere else. We are not going for the cup so why rent a player for 1 year?

Shazbot 09-29-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
Primeau and Gagne for Breezer and Perrault and Dykhuis and Traverse and Bouillon

(funny.) sounds fair.

RE-HABS 09-29-2003 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
On trade rumor board, it says that Clarke would ask for G Mathieu Garon. But I don't trust Ron Fournier at all. His show might be funny at times but he has no clue what he is talking about. Plus Primeau cost 5 mil$ a year witch is more than Koivu and he would become the Habs most overpaid player, ahead of Brisebois and Audette. Is scoring toutch is over and he is becoming more and more a defensive specialiste in PHI. And he will be a UFA at the end of the season and will probably sing somewhere else. We are not going for the cup so why rent a player for 1 year?

Other than Juneau (who is getting old and slow) our Centreman aren't that great defensively or are young. Koivu is decent defensively but he is better off to concentrate on offense and we all know Riberio doesn't even know his defensemen or who is in net most nights, Higgins is young and Perreault is soft. A defensive and strong centreman would be a great asset for those centreman (with Yanick and someone else going the other way, but if they want Garon you better believe something else is coming from Philly).

RichardZednik#20 09-29-2003 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Other than Juneau (who is getting old and slow) our Centreman aren't that great defensively or are young. Koivu is decent defensively but he is better off to concentrate on offense and we all know Riberio doesn't even know his defensemen or who is in net most nights, Higgins is young and Perreault is soft. A defensive and strong centreman would be a great asset for those centreman (with Yanick and someone else going the other way, but if they want Garon you better believe something else is coming from Philly).

Well of course we are soft and weak and not only on cenetr but agian, 5mil$ is alot of money and he is an UFA. For the difference he *could make* or could not, I'm not ready to deal Garon for a 1 year rent player.

tritone 09-29-2003 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
Primeau and Gagne for Breezer and Perrault and Dykhuis and Traverse and Bouillon

Actually, I think we have a better offer for Clarky

Primeau , Leclair , Roenick and we give Dagenais , Cerkawski, Mckay , and Racicot ......


what ? who was bought out? Sign them back up quick , I'm sure he'll go for it

Before anyone blasts me about being a blind HABS lover...just in case you didn't get it .....this is a joke haha funny, humour , jest, hardy har.

I'm not sure why some of you seem worried about Gainey trading Garon in this train of thought rumour.....I would think Gainey's record as GM speaks for itself and if Garon's name ends up in the trade you can be sure it will be worth Montreal's while

HABitude 09-29-2003 07:13 PM

Koivu for Primeau in a heart beat.

You take it Bobby?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 09-29-2003 08:33 PM

I wouldnt mind having Primeau on the Habs at all. But like others have pointed out he`s going to be an UFA at the end of the year and he`s making 5 million. I wouldn`t be willing to send someone like Garon who I hear Philly is interested in just to loose everything at the end of the year. A Theo/Damphousse or Theo/Fichaud tandem dosn`t sound that appealing to me.

tritone 09-29-2003 08:46 PM

what!?!?!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
Koivu for Primeau in a heart beat.

You take it Bobby?

Wow! ummmm no? Koivu is possibly willing to play for the Habs for a long time at a real cheap price....Primeau is possibly gone next year even if we trade for Him . And, aren't you tired of HABS trading captains?

TwineSniper 09-29-2003 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
Koivu for Primeau in a heart beat.

You take it Bobby?


So much is wrong with this statement!

where to start, Primeau being overpaid? Primeau being an injury risk? Primeau on a downward slide?

hell...I think we should add Andrei Markov, just to make it fair! :rolleyes:

_Del_ 09-29-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
So much is wrong with this statement!

where to start, Primeau being overpaid? Primeau being an injury risk? Primeau on a downward slide?

hell...I think we should add Andrei Markov, just to make it fair! :rolleyes:

Not that I'd recomend the deal for Montreal, but the fact you included Primeau as an injury risk in a deal for KOIVU, is hysterical in my eyes... That's like proposing Chow for Primeau and rejecting it on a basis of Primeau is overpaid...
(no, I'm not comparing Koivu to Chow)

tritone 09-29-2003 09:16 PM

Lol
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Del_
Not that I'd recomend the deal for Montreal, but the fact you included Primeau as an injury risk in a deal for KOIVU, is hysterical in my eyes... That's like proposing Chow for Primeau and rejecting it on a basis of Primeau is overpaid...
(no, I'm not comparing Koivu to Chow)

Didn't even dawn on me to think about the Irony of Primeau being called an Injury risk vs. Saku .
Saku ( love him ) is not an injury risk, he's an injury certitude ..unfortunate but true

_Del_ 09-29-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
Didn't even dawn on me to think about the Irony of Primeau being called an Injury risk vs. Saku .
Saku ( love him ) is not an injury risk, he's an injury certitude ..unfortunate but true

Lol, I just thought it was funny. Koivu is a great player I doubt he leaves Montreal at anyrate.

TwineSniper 09-29-2003 09:31 PM

okay, Koivu and Primeau are both injury risks.

but, that still doesn't take away from the fact, that this deal would move our team in completely the wrong direction.

_Del_ 09-29-2003 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
okay, Koivu and Primeau are both injury risks.

but, that still doesn't take away from the fact, that this deal would move our team in completely the wrong direction.

I think they could benefit from a player like Primeau, but obviously not for Koivu -- which I mentioned I didn't recomend. Like I said, I just thought your reasoning was humourous :)

gohabsgo2010 09-30-2003 02:57 AM

I would think Clarke would jump at a Bulis - Primeau deal. Not sure if I would though.

mcphee 09-30-2003 03:10 AM

i'm sure the conversation went like this :
Gainey: Hi Bob
Clarke: Hi Bob
Gainey: Bob I was wondering if you would send me Primeau because we're pretty small at center, you could trim 5M this year. Well not really because I want to send you Perreault and Garon who will cost 3.5 M. So anyways, you can weaken your team but save 1.5M.
Clarke: Bob, are you ok ?
Gainey:Bobby hold on a minute, Ron Fournier just walked in and I'll put us on speaker phone because he needs to know this for his show tonight.
Clarke: You know I don't like to be called Bobby.
Gainey: Hello,Bob, Hello

Owen Wilson 09-30-2003 03:22 AM

I'd do it if its Primeau for Perreault and ?, but not Garon or any of our youth for that matter. Yeah Primeau makes 5 million, but Perreault makes 2.8 million, so we'd be just over 2 million for the season, big deal. Primeau could be a teacher for 1 year.

Habber 09-30-2003 04:30 AM

No way do I believe this one. Clarke wanting a small soft guy like Perrault? Give me a break.

Getting Primeau would be very good, but there's no way that Clarke would trade for Perrault.

Darz 09-30-2003 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
No way do I believe this one. Clarke wanting a small soft guy like Perrault? Give me a break.

Getting Primeau would be very good, but there's no way that Clarke would trade for Perrault.

my though as well. Yanic Perreault doesn't seem like a Bobby Clarke type player, but then again he really wanted Eric Chouinard, so......

I would assume if there was talk between the habs and flyers involving Primeau, either Ward or Bulis name would be involved.

oli500 09-30-2003 05:25 AM

I would love to see a guy like keith primeau in mtl. But likely wont happen. Clark is not a mike milbury. The fact is mtl wants to see what reibero can do this season as a 2nd line center. If we go get primeau it well take alot of ice time from ribeiro away and also good lines mates because koivu and primeau well get the best wingers on the team. So reibeiro well be the od man out. But still could you imagine a line of
ward - primeau - zednik.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.