HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dudley decides to stay in Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1547301)

Whitesnake 11-27-2013 02:16 PM

Dudley decides to stay in Montreal
 
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...91719150456832

Quote:

Rick Dudley agrees to more lucrative deal to stay with Canadiens after Sabres approach Mtl for permission to talk to Duds re: GM job.

Les Kuntar 11-27-2013 02:16 PM

Finally those revenues are paying off. Paying to keep qualified staff on board, I can deal with that.

overlords 11-27-2013 02:18 PM

Dudley just in it for the $ and the *****es.


Figures.

Uber Coca 11-27-2013 02:18 PM

Seems to have a great reputation in the hockey world. Good news I guess.

Ayatollah Chowmeini 11-27-2013 02:18 PM

The one advantage we still have after the draft and the salary cap. No problem with this.

hototogisu 11-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 75110161)
Dudley just in it for the $ and the *****es.


Figures.

Dudely

Kimota 11-27-2013 02:20 PM

It's about time he stays at one place. :laugh:

overlords 11-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 75110231)
Dudely

The dudely abides. :nod:

habsprospects 11-27-2013 02:27 PM

Cool story.

PyrettaBlaze 11-27-2013 02:28 PM

I guess he wanted to be here for the "BIG splash".

HatTricK09 11-27-2013 02:28 PM

Overpaid. The new Gomez :sarcasm:

Kimota 11-27-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 75110653)
I guess he wanted to be here for the "BIG splash".

He IS the big splash! *sploosh* :nod:

shutehinside 11-27-2013 02:32 PM

Great news. The dream team stays together!

Slightly sarcastic but not really.

MD thaivuN 11-27-2013 02:32 PM

Rick Dudley's now overpaid. :shakehead Quick, trade him!!! :sarcasm:

RC51 11-27-2013 02:37 PM

I just bet that Dudley did get an offer from the outside. I bet MB asked him that if he wants to stay he would match any offer money wise, that the Habs want him to stay if he want to stay. Thus a raise and everyone is now happy.

Strat 11-27-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 75110161)
Dudley just in it for the $ and the *****es.


Figures.

2 things...

1) Getting a raise when a competitor offers you a job is something that can happen in any field and does happen regularly. Would *you* say no? If it's a sizable amount, I'd say yes. In this economy and adding the fact that these hockey-related jobs aren't forever, getting a raise isn't something that any of us would spit on.

2) There is rarely loyalty from a company towards its employees. I can't personally see why an employee should have to show blind devotion to its employer.

Players do that all the time. Why should the team's higher-ups be any different?

3) Lastly, Dudley decided to pass on the possibility of being a GM to remain in a lower-ranked function with the Habs. That, to me, says that he likes his position in Montreal more than the opportunity to be a GM.

Chris Cutter 11-27-2013 02:39 PM

D-Von, get the money!

No Team Needed 11-27-2013 02:44 PM

Has TSN.ca given this the headline of DUDLEY DO-RIGHT yet?

overlords 11-27-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strat (Post 75111027)
2 things...

1) Getting a raise when a competitor offers you a job is something that can happen in any field and does happen regularly. Would *you* say no? If it's a sizable amount, I'd say yes. In this economy and adding the fact that these hockey-related jobs aren't forever, getting a raise isn't something that any of us would spit on.

2) There is rarely loyalty from a company towards its employees. I can't personally see why an employee should have to show blind devotion to its employer.

Players do that all the time. Why should the team's higher-ups be any different?

3) Lastly, Dudley decided to pass on the possibility of being a GM to remain in a lower-ranked function with the Habs. That, to me, says that he likes his position in Montreal more than the opportunity to be a GM.

4 things


1) It was a joke...

2) That was 3 things!

GeorgeLebay 11-27-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 75110653)
I guess he wanted to be here for the "BIG splash".

:laugh:

PKarey Plekoretty 11-27-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 75111295)
4 things


1) It was a joke...

2) That was 3 things!

hahaha this just made me break out laughing at my desk :laugh:

HabsProspectsExpert 11-27-2013 02:50 PM

Now time to invest in a better AHL coach :sarcasm:

BRAD HABSFAN 11-27-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strat (Post 75111027)
2 things...

1) Getting a raise when a competitor offers you a job is something that can happen in any field and does happen regularly. Would *you* say no? If it's a sizable amount, I'd say yes. In this economy and adding the fact that these hockey-related jobs aren't forever, getting a raise isn't something that any of us would spit on.

2) There is rarely loyalty from a company towards its employees. I can't personally see why an employee should have to show blind devotion to its employer.

Players do that all the time. Why should the team's higher-ups be any different?

3) Lastly, Dudley decided to pass on the possibility of being a GM to remain in a lower-ranked function with the Habs. That, to me, says that he likes his position in Montreal more than the opportunity to be a GM.

I think alot of sports management people do play that game of 'well I have this offer....' BUT I honestly feel that Dudley knows he has a better situation as 'lower' management in Montreal compared to 'upper' management in Buffalo. I bet the trainers are more recognized in Montreal, then the players are in Buffalo. Same with my job here at Fedex. I am sure I could find another job with better/more perks but long term, managers are treated pretty good here. I have seen too many people leave a good situation for money and power, only to kick themselves for leaving.

Smokey Thompson 11-27-2013 02:54 PM

Putting all the extra revenue to good use. Great news. The guy made many questionable decisions during his time in Atlanta, but he seems to be a very well respected hockey mind.

Et le But 11-27-2013 03:00 PM

Too bad.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.