HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What would you trade for the #2 pick (Jack Johnson) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=154737)

Devo-2 07-26-2005 04:05 PM

What would you trade for the #2 pick (Jack Johnson)
 
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=131498

With Buffalo in need of a young stud D-man, and only one really in this years draft, what would you be willing to give to move up from 13 and get him (or whoever you think we should take at #2)?

TVanek26* 07-26-2005 04:11 PM

13th overall,2006 1st and Jason Pominville.

djhn579 07-26-2005 04:14 PM

13th overall
Satan
Either Biron or Noronen or Connolly

Ruckus007 07-26-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
13th overall,2006 1st and Jason Pominville.


Very similar to what I'd offer.

-The 13th
-A 2005 or 2006 2nd (though I'd be willing to give up a first as a last resort)
-One of the redundant forwards like Pominville, MacArthur or Ryan. Maybe a guy like Afinogenov or Pyatt off the NHL roster.

Brodeur 07-26-2005 04:23 PM

I'd imagine Afinogenov, the 13th overall, and a future pick would make Burke go hmmm. The Ducks aren't in the best cap position with Fedorov making 6 mil for the next 3 years, and Giguere being on the hook for 4+ for the next 2 years. They were already trying to trade Sykora before the lockout, so I doubt they'd want any part of Satan and his contract at this point. Ducks cleared the way for Ilya Bryzgalov, so they wouldn't be interested in Noronen.

Although if I were GM of the Ducks, I'd buy out Giguere and acquire a guy like Noronen, and give him a shot to be this year's Kiprusoff.

joechip 07-26-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabreHomer007
Very similar to what I'd offer.

-The 13th
-A 2005 or 2006 2nd (though I'd be willing to give up a first as a last resort)
-One of the redundant forwards like Pominville, MacArthur or Ryan. Maybe a guy like Afinogenov or Pyatt off the NHL roster.

Burke has said he wants a solid roster player going back his way. There's not chance that any of those guys will fit that bill.

Personally, I'm thinking it'll take Drury + 13th, but even that has too much salary going Anaheim's way. More likely he'll want someone like Dumont or Hecht.

Does anyone know if Martin Gerber is going to be back with the Ducks or is he a UFA? If so, one of our goalies (Noronen or Miller.... Biron's too expensive with JSG on the roster) might be on Burke's radar.

Personally, I think Dumont, the 13th and one of either Max, Pominville or Kotalik would probably land the 2nd pick. The problem is I don't know if that is over-paying or not.

Ta,

ajsonor 07-26-2005 04:36 PM

Perhaps Burke would be interested in Pyatt hoping that he'd develop into Bertuzzi (sound familar) and our #1 pick. Maybe the option of swapping 2nd round picks with Buffalo gettin the 2nd last pick in round two and the Ducks moving up.

joechip 07-26-2005 04:42 PM

It's possible he'd want Pyatt, the Ducks aren't all that deep on the wings. Plenty of Centerman in house. Not much on the wings.

I like the swapping of 2nds idea though... hadn't thought much of that possibility.

Ta,

Ruckus007 07-26-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joechip
Burke has said he wants a solid roster player going back his way. There's not chance that any of those guys will fit that bill.

Personally, I'm thinking it'll take Drury + 13th, but even that has too much salary going Anaheim's way. More likely he'll want someone like Dumont or Hecht.

Does anyone know if Martin Gerber is going to be back with the Ducks or is he a UFA? If so, one of our goalies (Noronen or Miller.... Biron's too expensive with JSG on the roster) might be on Burke's radar.

Personally, I think Dumont, the 13th and one of either Max, Pominville or Kotalik would probably land the 2nd pick. The problem is I don't know if that is over-paying or not.

Ta,



Max and Pyatt don't count?


Gerber = Hurricane

Hobey Baker 07-26-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joechip
Does anyone know if Martin Gerber is going to be back with the Ducks or is he a UFA? If so, one of our goalies (Noronen or Miller.... Biron's too expensive with JSG on the roster) might be on Burke's radar.

I thought he signed with Carolina, but I could be mistaken.

joechip 07-26-2005 04:45 PM

Thanks KB, I just googled that. You're right. Gerber's a Cane.

Then Burke should definately be interested in Noronen or Miller.

I'd offer Noronen, the 13th and a swap of 2nds for the 2nd overall.... throw in a spare part like Campbell, Peters or Bartovic.

Ta,

lecherous 07-26-2005 05:02 PM

Drury + Stafford for #2 + mid-round pick or a throw-in or Drury + this year's #13 for #2 + mid-round pick or a throw-in, though I'd much rather do the first one because I think we can get a much better player than Stafford at #13 this year.

This will never happen though.

EDIT : Or Miller + 2nd rounder for #2

Rowley Birkin 07-26-2005 05:40 PM

I'm not even sure i'd take JJ at #2. I still like Brule, and lets face it, our need for a true #1 center, weather it be in the prospects or the big team, is as big as our need for D. All imo of course. Brule was a concencus #2 not long ago, and i don't see what has changed so much since then.

But i wouldn't offer to trade up to #2 as i think it would cost too much. To be honest, i'm more interested in trading down in the first, to get an extra, early 2nd rounder. If i did make an offer, it would be something like Pyatt + 13th overall, and our 3rd round, and that would be it. I don't see us having the right players to make a deal work.

Brodeur - where did you hear that Anaheim wanted rid of Giggy? He is one guy I WOULD be willing to pay big for. I highly doubt they move him, but would offer:

Biron or Miller, Drury, 13th overall
for
Giguere, 31st overall

A Giggy/Mika combination would be awesome for the Sabres. Not happening though im afraid.

Jame 07-26-2005 05:57 PM

Assuming that anaheim is not going to want to take on big contracts (no Satan/Biron). Id offer Afinogenov, Jillson, and the 13th.

Rowley Birkin 07-26-2005 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame
Assuming that anaheim is not going to want to take on big contracts (no Satan/Biron). Id offer Afinogenov, Jillson, and the 13th.

If we end up losing Miro, and getting no replacement, then Max's value to us goes up further imo. I like Jillson too, and there is no way we can afford to move a D without getting one back.

Jame 07-26-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
If we end up losing Miro, and getting no replacement, then Max's value to us goes up further imo. I like Jillson too, and there is no way we can afford to move a D without getting one back.

You are right about Max, if we lose Satan that is. Jillson on the other hand is garbage. and if we can get something for him now id be happy. Jillson is GARBAGE. You won't believe what i am about to say..... Id rather have Brian Campbell in the line up than Jillson.

JOHNBOY 07-26-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame
Id rather have Brian Campbell in the line up than Jillson.


:shakehead

Buffaloed 07-26-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur

Although if I were GM of the Ducks, I'd buy out Giguere and acquire a guy like Noronen, and give him a shot to be this year's Kiprusoff.

They already have that guy in Ilya Bryzgalov.

Freezerburn 07-26-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
:shakehead

I don't see the two players as being that far off from each other now. They are basicall interchangeable. Just depends which project player you prefer.

Freezerburn 07-26-2005 06:38 PM

What I said on the trade board (as originally suggested by a Ducks fan) was:

To Sabres: 2nd overall and 3rd-4th rd pick

Tod Ducks: Drew Stafford and the 13th

I'd do it, with the only alterations being to possibly up the 3rd/4th to a 2nd or a player.

JOHNBOY 07-26-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freezerburn
I don't see the two players as being that far off from each other now. They are basicall interchangeable. Just depends which project player you prefer.

Jillson isnt a ***** like Campbell, Ive seen Brian back down form so many confrontations its embarrasing where as Jillson throws his weight around and sticks up for his teammates. Fist thing that comes to mind is against Atlanta when one of the Thrashers players hit Dumont wiht a dirty hit, then Jillson went after the player and fought him.. I dont see that kind of fire in "Soup n Crackers".

joechip 07-26-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabreHomer007
Max and Pyatt don't count?


Gerber = Hurricane

Pyatt certainly doesn't. I'm still not sold on Afinogenov, though I'd rather him stay here than blossom somewhere else.

It's amazing how much our guys rise in value to us the minute we're willing to offer them up in trade for something worthwhile.

Pyatt is not worth an upgrade from #13 to #2, IMO. I like the kid but I don't think Burke wants a bottom 6 forward and that's all Pyatt's shown he's going to be to this point.

The point of this exercise is to give up somwthing WE value.... and Dumont or Hecht are guys we value. At this point Max is replacable by Pominville and Pyatt is replaced by Gaustad or Thorburn.

For the #2 pick, we definately have to give up an asset, and while JP's been in my personal doghouse enough times, he has become a legit top 6 forward and agitator. I'd hate to lose him.

Ta,

Rowley Birkin 07-26-2005 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freezerburn
What I said on the trade board (as originally suggested by a Ducks fan) was:

To Sabres: 2nd overall and 3rd-4th rd pick

Tod Ducks: Drew Stafford and the 13th

I'd do it, with the only alterations being to possibly up the 3rd/4th to a 2nd or a player.

I would make that deal as well, no questions asked. I was under the impression the Ducks were looking for players, and not prospects or picks though. And i think another team would outbid us with this offer.

But even so, it would be nice. I think i'd then shop the #2 to Minnesota or Montreal for the #4 or #5, along with a young D project, this assuming i can still get Brule of course. I'd then take a solid D with our 2nd rounder.

JOHNBOY 07-26-2005 06:53 PM

To Buf. 2nd overall

To Ana. 13th overall and Drew Stafford

Rowley Birkin 07-26-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame
Id rather have Brian Campbell in the line up than Jillson.

Thats just crazy.

Jillson has the tools, Campbell doesn't. You can't teach ability, and i'd say that Jillson is also above Campbell when it comes to other areas, ie. he doesn't make as many mistakes, and Campbell is a *****, while Jillson has shown a bit of heart in the past, as Johnboy mentioned.

I heard Jillson had a shaky start in the AHL, but his game improved. I don't see anything of the AHL, and don't really follow it that closely either to be honest. I am just going by their previous NHL play. Surely Jillson wasn't that bad in Rochester?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.