HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Wed., Nov. 27, 2013|Flyers 2 at Lightning 4 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1547587)

MiamiScreamingEagles 11-27-2013 08:07 PM

Wed., Nov. 27, 2013|Flyers 2 at Lightning 4

Now open for post-game comments.

GDT: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1546183

Philly.com post-game article: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...ers-fall-.html

Note: Lecavalier was chosen the game's second star.

SolidSnakeUS 11-27-2013 09:09 PM

What a joke of a game...

FreshPerspective 11-27-2013 09:10 PM

Boooo!

JVR21 11-27-2013 09:10 PM

Giroux proved to Stevie Y tonight that he in no way deserves a spot on Team Canada.

Beef Invictus 11-27-2013 09:10 PM

I'm not too shocked. This team is still who they are. That 7 game streak was against a pretty weak stretch of the schedule with a struggling Pens team thrown in. TB has been a good team this season, and the Flyers haven't fared well against good teams.

Flyerfan4life 11-27-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 75145273)
Giroux proved to Stevie Y tonight that he in no way deserves a spot on Team Canada.

agreed...

Roo can sit n watch the games at home with the rest of us.:nod:

that game was a serious waste of 3 hours..

FreshPerspective 11-27-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Him and Hartnell look like they were out on the town in Tampa..

Brainless...

FrankM95149 11-27-2013 09:12 PM

Not only is Hartnell a useless piece of shot, he takes pride in being a useless piece of ****

1865 11-27-2013 09:12 PM

A complete let down, as much of this season has been and will continue to be. Most of these players just don't give a ****.

Beef Invictus 11-27-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshPerspective (Post 75145459)
Him and Hartnell look like they were out on the town in Tampa..

Brainless...

Let's hope Timmy doesn't read this and get any ideas

Sniped 11-27-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Had a chance to give Yzerman a live audition, and pretty much **** the bed.

Appleyard 11-27-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 75145311)
I'm not too shocked. This team is still who they are. That 7 game streak was against a pretty weak stretch of the schedule with a struggling Pens team thrown in. TB has been a good team this season, and the Flyers haven't fared well against good teams.

Yep... though the game was still bad.

They are pretty much a cusp playoff team (in terms of team makeup) who take too many penalties, and have an insanely low shot% so far... like it pretty much has to improve 1.5-2.5% over the year. The goaltending and above average D is making up for that so far though.

The first 8 games were the killers really though.

And they missed Masons puck handling... he helps so much with breakouts and disrupting forecheckers. Like having an extra D.

Beef Invictus 11-27-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 75145535)
A complete let down, as much of this season has been and will continue to be. Most of these players just don't give a ****.

The consistent lack of effort is shocking.

The first time it looked like anyone outside of Couts/Downie/Raffl were trying in the 3rd was with the empty net.

FreshPerspective 11-27-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 75145311)

Like Tocchet said ..Tampa is a quick team. Our lumbering skaters with minimal skill got exposed

Legion of Goon 11-27-2013 09:16 PM

That was a sad effort
Streit had a nice goal, maybe he can get a few more.
Nice to see Hartnell fight a few hits and one dumb penalty

hockeyfreak7 11-27-2013 09:21 PM

Couturier had some stinkers to start the year, but he has been playing legitimately perfect hockey since then. The kid does not make bad decisions; it's just weird.

And he's being so much more assertive now. I think he's finally getting comfortable. If he continues playing like this, then points will come.

GoneFullHextall 11-27-2013 09:21 PM

****ing ridiculous. how many times did they complete more then 2 passes in a row?
fitting it ended on a turnover. since thats all they did all night long.
just a sad all around effort. they got totally outworked and out classed all night long. it would of been a very undeserving point had they gotten that 3rd goal in the final 2 minutes.

FlyingPhilly 11-27-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshPerspective (Post 75145891)
Like Tocchet said ..Tampa is a quick team. Our lumbering skaters with minimal skill got exposed

The defensemen outside of Coburn all have average to terrible skating. More defensive d-men/stay at home d-men will compound that problem. As for the forwards the only top 9 players that can really skate is Voracek and Read. Everyone else is average to terrible there as well. I think I would have to say the Flyers as a team overall are not very fast or play to their name at all.

Appleyard 11-27-2013 09:23 PM

5 game point streak for G.

11 in the last 11.

17 in last 19.

All with a 4.7% shot... and linemates with 5.8% and 7.4%.

I think people should give him a bit of slack really. He is over 30% of our offence still... right where he usually is in terms of team offence percentage.

Is he forcing too many plays? Yes... but I mean heck, what else can he do really... it is not like people have really stepped up yet even with the 7 game streak. He is creating more offense than everyone else.

FreshPerspective 11-27-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly (Post 75146681)
The defensemen outside of Coburn all have average to terrible skating. More defensive d-men/stay at home d-men will compound that problem. As for the forwards the only top 9 player that can really skate is Voracek. Everyone else is average to terrible there as well. I think I would have to say the Flyers as a team overall are not very fast or play to their name at all.

Yup..they have some pretty revealing flaws. Teams like Tampa will continue to expose them.

Appleyard 11-27-2013 09:27 PM

What the heck has been up with Vinny on faceoffs this year as well? The guy has been a pretty good faceoff guy for years and is getting destroyed at 45%.

Maybe he will even it out with a larger sample.

GoneFullHextall 11-27-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appleyard (Post 75146887)
5 game point streak for G.

11 in the last 11.

17 in last 19.

All with a 4% shot... and linemates with 6% and 7%.

I think people should give him a bit of slack really. He is over 30% of our offence still... right where he usually is in terms of team offence percentage.

Is he forcing too many plays? Yes... but I mean heck, what else can he do really... it is not like people have really stepped up yet even with the 7 game streak. He is creating more offense than everyone else.

exactly. Jake has been pretty sub par for a couple weeks. Hartnell has been bad. Simmonds has been much better.
Yeah he is forcing it but he really has little choice.

Appleyard 11-27-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 75147631)
exactly. Jake has been pretty sub par for a couple weeks. Hartnell has been bad. Simmonds has been much better.
Yeah he is forcing it but he really has little choice.

Simmonds looks like Simmonds again frankly. Yeh, Jake looked good for 10+ games, but last ~3 looks slower again.

It has not helped G how many flubs people have had off beautiful dishes this year. There are like 5-6 that I can picture vividly. (the play, not the exact game.)

Simmonds backdoor in first 5 games.
Vinny in the slot slightly to left of net, PP, half broken rush. ~game 7-8.
Hartnell empty net game ~10 left side of net.
Schenn empty net game from slot ~14.
Voracek far side cross ice ~ game 17.
Simmonds last game at the back door.

Pretty sure they were G passes. The Vinny, two Simmonds, Voracek and Hartnell definitely were... and they were glaring. Not sure if the Schenn one was G on PP.

GoneFullHextall 11-27-2013 09:40 PM

meant to say Simmonds hasnt been much better then Hartnell.
I honestly havent been impressed with either player for most of the season.
I still think that one of em will have to go at some point. Especially if you want to bring back Downie.

Appleyard 11-27-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 75149265)
meant to say Simmonds hasnt been much better then Hartnell.
I honestly havent been impressed with either player for most of the season.
I still think that one of em will have to go at some point. Especially if you want to bring back Downie.

I was pissed off with Simmonds constantly early on... but last ten he is back to how he was since we got him in my eyes.

Yeh, Hartnell has looked like he did after his divorce so far this year... even though he looks in the best shape I have ever seen him in. (just look at his NHL profile pic compared to usual... he seemingly lost a heck of a lot of body fat.)