HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kariya and the Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=154917)

Albi 07-27-2005 05:54 AM

Kariya and the Kings

FYI, the OC Register reported the Kings are among the teams interested in the former Bird. I can't post the link because I'm not a registered user, I read the rumor at Spector.

McSorley 33 07-27-2005 06:12 AM

I think Kariya fits perfectly into the new NHL system. He would be a good fit with the Kings and would be booed for years to come by Duck fans.

:kings

dafranchz 07-27-2005 08:37 AM

Someone was telling me it was a good pick up because he is so under valued at the moment. Made sense....was that yoou KJ?

fuzzerson 07-27-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorley 33
I think Kariya fits perfectly into the new NHL system. He would be a good fit with the Kings and would be booed for years to come by Duck fans.

:kings

Duck fans don't boo. It is considered poor form.

Reaper45 07-27-2005 09:33 AM

At this point I'd love to have Kariya on the Kings.

Old Hickory 07-27-2005 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
Someone was telling me it was a good pick up because he is so under valued at the moment. Made sense....was that yoou KJ?

You, David A. Rainer Esq, and I were talking about that.

Beauty, eh? 07-27-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
At this point I'd love to have Kariya on the Kings.

I concur with this post. And I can see it happening....DT has coveted Kariya for quite some time now.

swinginutter* 07-27-2005 10:53 AM

I'm hoping we don't get Paul Kariya. Our team speed would dramatically increase. But if they're also looking to add Palffy, we would be a very small team from top to bottom. Also fragile.
We'd only have middleweights protecting our stars like usual, so all of us would be asking for trouble.

Of the two? Ziggy or Kariya? I'll take Ziggy.

deano 07-27-2005 10:59 AM

The rumor mill has Kariya going to San Jose to reunite with Ron Wilson. The Sharks seem to have alot of interest in him, and he is said to be one of the early FA signings. I don't have a link, it was reported on the radio.

Reaper45 07-27-2005 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano
The rumor mill has Kariya going to San Jose to reunite with Ron Wilson. The Sharks seem to have alot of interest in him, and he is said to be one of the early FA signings. I don't have a link, it was reported on the radio.

I think it'll come down to whether or not the Kings sign Ziggy. I hope we get Kariya instead of Ziggy.

Kariya is much more of a leader, has a better work ethic, his skillset is somewhat less than Palffy's but Kariya is not slouch when it comes to scoring himself.

rigger 07-27-2005 05:13 PM

I think he would be a great pick up for the Kings, the new rules benefit him a lot. He played a lot of international hockey with no red line and maybe the best player in the league at adapting to that (at least of the N/A skaters). I like him a lot, but would like to see him to to LA or someone like that. Edmonton could use him but we are so small on our top 6 forwards already that we need more size. Hope you get him.

Old Hickory 07-27-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigger
I think he would be a great pick up for the Kings, the new rules benefit him a lot. He played a lot of international hockey with no red line and maybe the best player in the league at adapting to that (at least of the N/A skaters). I like him a lot, but would like to see him to to LA or someone like that. Edmonton could use him but we are so small on our top 6 forwards already that we need more size. Hope you get him.

thanks for the good wishes

Beauty, eh? 07-27-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I think it'll come down to whether or not the Kings sign Ziggy. I hope we get Kariya instead of Ziggy.

Kariya is much more of a leader, has a better work ethic, his skillset is somewhat less than Palffy's but Kariya is not slouch when it comes to scoring himself.

I'm with you. I feel it is time to move on from Ziggy. Time to "go in a different direction" <--- GM terminology

Venom_17 07-27-2005 07:07 PM

Kariya is a shadow of who he used to be, he is scared to go to the middle and tries to drive wide everytime he has the puck. The dmen then easily rub him out. The only reason he scored that goal in the finals a couple years back was because Stevens hit him so hard he thought it was 1997 and he was still the best player in the world.

T2M 07-27-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzerson
Duck fans don't boo. It is considered poor form.

So's letting your building get filled up by the fans of your cross town rivals.

willywonka 07-27-2005 08:27 PM

Somebody is going to get Kariya at a very reasonable price. Why not us? He has a ton of heart. Just look what happened when Stevens knocked him out in the playoffs only for him to come back in the game and slap a wicked shot passed Brodeur. That was awesome. I'd love to see him in a Kings uniform at a reasonable price.

Reaper45 07-27-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17
Kariya is a shadow of who he used to be, he is scared to go to the middle and tries to drive wide everytime he has the puck. The dmen then easily rub him out. The only reason he scored that goal in the finals a couple years back was because Stevens hit him so hard he thought it was 1997 and he was still the best player in the world.

And what do you think Palffy is going to be? A year off with no training? The guys is a slouch when it comes to working out to begin with, but a year off? He's going to be like a piece of glass out there.

Sam 07-27-2005 09:48 PM

Palffy played in Europe for the 2004-05 season. So he didn't take the whole year off. He also came in fourth in scoring for the World Championship. Kariya, on the other hand, didn't play anywhere for 2004-05.