HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   High School Hockey Change Room In Minny !! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1549501)

WhatThePuck 11-30-2013 03:57 PM

High School Hockey Change Room In Minny !!
 
:amazed:

http://i.imgur.com/omLC660.jpg?1

Watch for the Yeti 11-30-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePuck (Post 75281797)

Probably one of the powerhouse prep schools, CM has a pretty impressive one in Mass., Mt. St. Charles' locker room is awful, I must've hit my head on the wall 4 times.

EDIT: I just did some research, Luverne High School is actually a public school, wow, thats pretty crazy.

Terry Yake 11-30-2013 04:16 PM

wow that is crazy, especially for a public school

i was expecting it to be one of those big prep schools like shattuck-st mary's

TieClark 11-30-2013 04:20 PM

It wouldn't cost all that much, just need to put some work even. The senior woodshop class could likely build everything required and then it's just some paint.

Watch for the Yeti 11-30-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 75283017)
It wouldn't cost all that much, just need to put some work even. The senior woodshop class could likely build everything required and then it's just some paint.

I think what is more impressive is the fact that they have their own private rink.

WhatThePuck 11-30-2013 04:50 PM

This is what my son's high school hockey dressing room looks like here in Canada lol !!

http://www.qnetnews.ca/wp-content/up...ey-200x300.jpg

snizzbone* 11-30-2013 04:53 PM

I feel like I was just viewed this thread on reddit haha.

TieClark 11-30-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti (Post 75284255)
I think what is more impressive is the fact that they have their own private rink.

Would need the proper situation obviously but if they're across the street from the rink, I can't see the rink objecting to giving them one of their 30 rooms or whatever if they're renting ice all the time

Watch for the Yeti 11-30-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 75284605)
Would need the proper situation obviously but if they're across the street from the rink, I can't see the rink objecting to giving them one of their 30 rooms or whatever if they're renting ice all the time

Most of the public rinks near my house only have 2 or 3 rooms, maybe 4 max.

TieClark 11-30-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti (Post 75285649)
Most of the public rinks near my house only have 2 or 3 rooms, maybe 4 max.

Really eh? There's aways at least 6 per rink here. Most arenas have 2-4 rinks in them

vapor11 11-30-2013 06:45 PM

Reminds me of the third mighty ducks movie..

Kinda jealous..im long out of HS but here in Thunder Bay home of many nhlers we do not have high school hockey although they did up until late 90s

boo10 11-30-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePuck (Post 75284373)
This is what my son's high school hockey dressing room looks like here in Canada lol !!

http://www.qnetnews.ca/wp-content/up...ey-200x300.jpg

That looks like St. Mike's

mkoivu9* 11-30-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePuck (Post 75281797)


yes, it's crazy that this is pretty much the norm these days in HS hockey. I ref and they accommodate us well too.

mkoivu9* 11-30-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti (Post 75282177)
Probably one of the powerhouse prep schools, CM has a pretty impressive one in Mass., Mt. St. Charles' locker room is awful, I must've hit my head on the wall 4 times.

EDIT: I just did some research, Luverne High School is actually a public school, wow, thats pretty crazy.

Luverne is a no name school in the hockey world in MN. They are not very good and in the middle of nowhere.

TrueBlue86 11-30-2013 07:42 PM

wait, what's a change room?

scryan 11-30-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 75283017)
It wouldn't cost all that much, just need to put some work even. The senior woodshop class could likely build everything required and then it's just some paint.

That would work awesome for the first month...
maintaining public areas with decent foot traffic is a decent amount of continued work though. Unless that picture was taken the day after install, that is a pretty high level of upkeep and not something that comes from a highschool wood shop.

Thesensation19* 12-01-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePuck (Post 75284373)
This is what my son's high school hockey dressing room looks like here in Canada lol !!

http://www.qnetnews.ca/wp-content/up...ey-200x300.jpg

I am sure its nice but there is something to having a locker room like this. I love this look, no need to be fancy especially at that level. Builds character lol

PorkChopSandwiches 12-01-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goph (Post 75294905)
Luverne is a no name school in the hockey world in MN. They are not very good and in the middle of nowhere.

... but every time those kids walk in and see this they can have a sense of pride

greyraven8 12-01-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vapor11 (Post 75292359)
Reminds me of the third mighty ducks movie..

Kinda jealous..im long out of HS but here in Thunder Bay home of many nhlers we do not have high school hockey although they did up until late 90s

I played a little high school hockey here in Thunder Bay, but that was back in 1987.

Certainly were no rinks or special dressing rooms for high school hockey here. Most rinks have 4 dressing rooms. Played at different rinks around the city.

Any rinks with more than 4 dressing rooms usually have the other one(s) locked up and reserved for a team (e.g. - Fort William Gardens: Lakehead Thunderwolves). Played some Beer league hockey at the Gardens and the unreserved rooms we had to use are likely the smallest dressing rooms in any rink in the city.

mkoivu9* 12-03-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey2hockey (Post 75365867)
... but every time those kids walk in and see this they can have a sense of pride

Yes absolutely I wasn't meaning to belittle them. Was just pointing out they are by no means a powerhouse.

vapor11 12-04-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyraven8 (Post 75367419)
I played a little high school hockey here in Thunder Bay, but that was back in 1987.

Certainly were no rinks or special dressing rooms for high school hockey here. Most rinks have 4 dressing rooms. Played at different rinks around the city.

Any rinks with more than 4 dressing rooms usually have the other one(s) locked up and reserved for a team (e.g. - Fort William Gardens: Lakehead Thunderwolves). Played some Beer league hockey at the Gardens and the unreserved rooms we had to use are likely the smallest dressing rooms in any rink in the city.

I have played in the gardens when I was younger.. Don't remember the dressing rooms being out the ordinary although I guess things are different when you squeeze full grown men in there...

I've played at every arena in my minor hockey days.. Just play pickup at Neebing and FN arena at the moment.. Which have decent dressing rooms to tbay standards.. My big complaint with Cr, PA arena etc are the shower area being so tiny and grungy.. On the other hand atleast they have showers(grandview)

I find most dressing rooms in the city look like lesser pic above minus the pole in the middle..

Howbout the barn :laugh: haven't been out there in close to 10 years.. I remember having practices out there when younger

Inkling 12-04-2013 12:48 PM

Nicely finished but it looks pretty small. The far end shows that the changing area is only about five sweaters wide. If the equipment is already in the stalls, at least you won't have the floors littered with giant hockey bags like you do in most dressing rooms, so it might be fine for their needs.

jnk96 12-05-2013 07:10 PM

The room itself doesn't look that special to me. It looks like our rooms in small. The difference is the nice makeup (team colours, logo carpet, everything perfectly set up). If you have a spare room, why not?

dwanmaster* 12-05-2013 07:59 PM

Luverene isn't even that good either lol. Take a look at Benilde's or Hill's. Those are probably pretty ridiculous.

thevil 12-05-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 75287011)
Really eh? There's aways at least 6 per rink here. Most arenas have 2-4 rinks in them

There are 4 in Denver (or at least near it) that have 8, and they are pretty much the only rinks I even know of here...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.