HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   berard should sign with to (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15527)

deathbear 09-30-2003 02:12 AM

berard should sign with to

this coming from a canucks fan.

what do you think?

Epoch 09-30-2003 02:32 AM

I don't think so. Especially since Klee signed. We'd be over stocked on defence.

wasting time 09-30-2003 03:35 AM

No thanks.

If Toronto is going to trade/sign for a d man, it will be a significant trade for a top 2 kind of guy. Berard, yuck.

Hey, how about Travis Green and a 5th round pick for Ed Jovanovski?

p.l.f. 09-30-2003 04:14 AM

berard would be good if he comes cheap
i'm sure they could fit him in.

Wabs 09-30-2003 05:01 AM

Leafs would have to offer at 2 million a year or boston has the right to match it. Leafs dont need him

p.l.f. 09-30-2003 05:33 AM

i dont see the harm in signing berard
2 million is chicken feed.

if he doesnt work out they can always trade him
if it does work out, it's a nice pickup for a good price

he got 40 pts last yr, much of that after xmas.
he could get 50 plus on this team

Joey24 09-30-2003 05:35 AM

I think this bridge has been burnt. Berrard is a good offencive defenceman I would still like to see the Leafs pick up another defenceman by the name on Dmitry Yushkevich.

With a defence of
Kaberle/McCabe
Klee/Yushkevich
Marchmant/Jackman

I think with this defence Toronto could really jump up as the front runner to win the devision.

p.l.f. 09-30-2003 05:37 AM

they dont think yushky could handle that role any more
he's pretty banged.

otherwise i'd get him in a heartbeat

Joey24 09-30-2003 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
they dont think yushky could handle that role any more
he's pretty banged.

otherwise i'd get him in a heartbeat

I thought he looked great for Philly in the playoffs last season.

p.l.f. 09-30-2003 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey24
I thought he looked great for Philly in the playoffs last season.

then he got hurt again vs ottawa

sluggo* 09-30-2003 06:28 AM

They don't need him.

Peter Griffin 09-30-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

I think this bridge has been burnt. Berrard is a good offencive defenceman I would still like to see the Leafs pick up another defenceman by the name on Dmitry Yushkevich.

With a defence of
Kaberle/McCabe
Klee/Yushkevich
Marchmant/Jackman

I think with this defence Toronto could really jump up as the front runner to win the devision.

Ottawa's defense would still be better as would their forwards...

deathbear 10-01-2003 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasting time
No thanks.

If Toronto is going to trade/sign for a d man, it will be a significant trade for a top 2 kind of guy. Berard, yuck.

do you think i know absolultely nothing about hockey, or do you think im flat out ********? jovo for green, give me a break.

Pinto 10-01-2003 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbear
do you think i know absolultely nothing about hockey, or do you think im flat out ********? jovo for green, give me a break.

lol, i think he was just kidding :p , i hope so...

wasting time 10-01-2003 03:28 AM

Quote:

With a defence of
Kaberle/McCabe
Klee/Yushkevich
Marchmant/Jackman

Jackman is a far better hockey player at this stage than is Yuskevich. Would I take Yuskie over Berg? I don't think so because Aki never gets injured. So I will take his 80 games than 60 from Yuskie with a kid filling in.

Berg still might improve this year playing with marchment.

As for the Berard discussions -- who do you bring Berard in to replace? He is a totally crappy defenseman who can score -- again I take Jackman over Berard in a New York minute.

Again, no thanks.

If they bring in a defenseman the guy has to be a clear improvement over most if not all of the existing guys in order to make the trade impactful.

Brining in Berard to sit Berg, Jackman or Marchment is a very bad chemistry decision. These guys are veterans and are not going to appreciate sitting on the pines for a one-eyed, one-dimension , under-achievingD man like Berard. Oh, did I mention over-priced? Why else is he sitting at home? Hey, remember Khristich anyone? Soft, one-dimensional, over-priced, best years behind him...hmmmm. sounds like Berard to me.

wasting time 10-01-2003 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbear

O my Lord...I was kidding

Leaf Army 10-01-2003 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Ottawa's defense would still be better as would their forwards...

Ottawa doesn't have a #1 center and their goaltending is questionable as far a Cup contenders go.

wasting time 10-01-2003 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Ottawa doesn't have a #1 center and their goaltending is questionable as far a Cup contenders go.

They look pretty good to me. While Bonk may not be primo, their wingers more than make up. Nothing wrong with Lalime either.

CaputMortuum 10-01-2003 04:19 AM

Everytime I hear Berards name I want to cut out Hossas eye. :mad:

Joey24 10-01-2003 04:34 AM

Toronto's defence looks alot better now then when the pre season opened. Some of the young guys look like they are not far off and could step in if an injory happens. Jackman looks like he is ready to prove somthing this season and he should get the playing time to either make his point or break it. Ken Klee was a good signing and should help round out the leafs top 3 it's just hard to decide to place him with Kabby or use McCabe there and try and bring back his form of old when pared with Tom. Marchment is not the same player he was 5 years ago but he is still showing he can play the rough and tumble game somthing the leafs need on the back end of the ice. All in all I think the leafs should be alright on defence this season though I think injories are going to be another big problem for Toronto this season.

Joey24 10-01-2003 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeakinMeehan16
Everytime I hear Berards name I want to cut out Hossas eye. :mad:

lol that is one way to put it I guess...

Joey24 10-01-2003 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecca13

How about Mats Lindgren and a 4th for Tomas Kaberle?

So what your really saying is this..

to TOR: Jovanovski, Lindgren, 4th
to VAN: Kabby, Green, 5th...

Cool where do I sign... ;)

wasting time 10-01-2003 05:47 AM

Quote:

OK, how about Alek Stojanov for Markus Naslund. Oh, wait. Quinn already made that trade.

Yes, Leafs fans. Pat Quinn made THE BEST AND MOST ONE-SIDED trade in the 1990s.

Contrary to many Quinn-basher idiots, including Al Strachan - Quinn is actually a very accomplished hockey man - and Toronto has been very lucky to have had him on our team for the past 5 years.

If I hear one more Nathan Dempsey, Steve Sullivan or Aki Berg for Adam Mair and a 2nd pick disparaging remark -- I am going to find out where you live...and discuss it with you.

Skuttling a small D man or forward is far less consequential than has been the fact that he built a very successful and consistent team for 5 years while being handed over THE WORST farm system and prospect crop in the entire NHL and a team that was no where near the playoffs for 2 (3?) years prior when he started.

Joey24 10-01-2003 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasting time
OK, how about Alek Stojanov for Markus Naslund. Oh, wait. Quinn already made that trade.

Yes, Leafs fans. Pat Quinn made THE BEST AND MOST ONE-SIDED trade in the 1990s.

Contrary to many Quinn-basher idiots, including Al Strachan - Quinn is actually a very accomplished hockey man - and Toronto has been very lucky to have had him on our team for the past 5 years.

If I hear one more Nathan Dempsey, Steve Sullivan or Aki Berg for Adam Mair and a 2nd pick disparaging remark -- I am going to find out where you live...and discuss it with you.

Skuttling a small D man or forward is far less consequential than has been the fact that he built a very successful and consistent team for 5 years while being handed over THE WORST farm system and prospect crop in the entire NHL and a team that was no where near the playoffs for 2 (3?) years prior when he started.

Well said Wasting Time :handclap:

Shawn 10-01-2003 06:10 AM

Quote:

Mats Lindgren - isn't he the guy from Rocky 5? ;)