HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   McDonagh is on pace for over 50 points (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1553593)

SnowblindNYR 12-05-2013 09:43 PM

McDonagh is on pace for over 50 points
 
Not bad for a supposed defensive defenseman. Imagine if he didn't play on a team with one of the worst offenses in the league.

Hunter Gathers 12-05-2013 09:45 PM

He may be on pace for a Norris nod with play like that. Probably top 5 in voting if he keeps it up.

Kahuna Nanu 12-05-2013 09:49 PM

He's actually on pace for 49.

Still, though. He looks ****ing incredible out there. I think people underrate how good he actually is.

Giacomin 12-05-2013 09:52 PM

He has the potential to be a great player.

Blueblood9 12-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giacomin (Post 75621591)
He has the potential to be a great player.

he is great and getting better imo he is a top 10 D

Ail 12-05-2013 09:58 PM

Been hoping since his rookie call-up he would find the offense in his game. It will be the difference in whether or not he wins a Norris.

Kahuna Nanu 12-05-2013 09:59 PM

He's now 10th in defensive scoring.

NYGBleedBlueNYR 12-05-2013 10:01 PM

Our best def Dman is also our best PMD

SnowblindNYR 12-05-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBoyle (Post 75621185)
He's actually on pace for 49.

Still, though. He looks ****ing incredible out there. I think people underrate how good he actually is.

I think you have a rounding error. 18 points in 29 games. (18/29)*82. Or did I do something wrong?

Kahuna Nanu 12-05-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 75622449)
I think you have a rounding error. 18 points in 29 games. (18/29)*82. Or did I do something wrong?

NHL.com paces out players scoring if you click on "splits".

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...51&view=splits

Giacomin 12-05-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblood9 (Post 75622029)
he is great and getting better imo he is a top 10 D

I talked to a scout I know for the Isles last year and he said McD has a chance to be perennial Norris candidate and a Superstar. Not top 10 but try top 4 . It is still early but he is on his way!

aufheben 12-05-2013 10:10 PM

Wonder how many more points it would be if we had more than 1 legit finisher. :amazed:

SnowblindNYR 12-05-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBoyle (Post 75622581)
NHL.com paces out players scoring if you click on "splits".

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...51&view=splits

Do they do it per 60 minutes or something and take into account OT? That's the only reason I can see for that.

gmerger37 12-05-2013 10:11 PM

Thank god for MacTruck, because frankly outside of him and stralman to an extent, I have been utterly disappointed with the rest of our D this year.

LeetchisGod 12-05-2013 10:12 PM

Favorite player on the team. Excited to see what his ceiling is. Probably the only reason Sather shouldn't be lynched. :laugh:

ecemleafs 12-05-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBoyle (Post 75622581)
NHL.com paces out players scoring if you click on "splits".

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...51&view=splits

hes on pace for 16.9 goals and they put it as 16. hes on pace for 33.9 assists and they put it down as 33. thats why hes projected for 49 on nhl.com instead of 51.

RangersHank* 12-05-2013 10:59 PM

NHL.com says Kreider is on pace for 20 goals, 34 assists and a +27 :laugh:

Green Blob* 12-05-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 75620607)
Not bad for a supposed defensive defenseman. Imagine if he didn't play on a team with one of the worst offenses in the league.

A defensve defenseman?

Huh?

Anyone who knew anything about him knew he was a 2 way defenseman.

RangersHank* 12-05-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Blob (Post 75626461)
A defensve defenseman?

Huh?

Anyone who knew anything about him knew he was a 2 way defenseman.


Agreed.

SnowblindNYR 12-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Blob (Post 75626461)
A defensve defenseman?

Huh?

Anyone who knew anything about him knew he was a 2 way defenseman.

Well Gainey supposedly traded him because he wasn't developing as a 2 way guy. Also, I think the reason he's never been considered elite was because he never had the numbers.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK 12-05-2013 11:37 PM

McDonagh is up there with Hank and Nash as the best players on this team. The only thing I think lacking from his game is a big shot from the point. If he can develop that and we stick him on the right side on the PP I don't see why he couldn't be in the conversation with Karlsson/Subban

Kahuna Nanu 12-05-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski (Post 75629195)
McDonagh is up there with Hank and Nash as the best players on this team. The only thing I think lacking from his game is a big shot from the point. If he can develop that and we stick him on the right side on the PP I don't see why he couldn't be in the conversation with Karlsson/Subban

Duncan Keith doesn't really have a big shot. I think he's a pretty good comparable for McDonagh, brought him up over the summer. Keith had some ~30 point seasons before hitting his stride at 24/25. Both are excellent skaters, have great vision, good hands, and log a **** ton of minutes.

As much as I love those two players, I take Keith over them nearly every time. And Ryan Suter, too, another player who I'd say plays a similar game to McD.

aufheben 12-05-2013 11:44 PM

McDonagh doesn't have a big shot, but he's clever on the point. A deft wrist shot can be more useful than a big slap shot in many situations. I think J. Moore has our best slap shot.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK 12-05-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBoyle (Post 75629513)
Duncan Keith doesn't really have a big shot. I think he's a pretty good comparable for McDonagh, brought him up over the summer. Keith had some ~30 point seasons before hitting his stride at 24/25. Both are excellent skaters, have great vision, good hands, and log a **** ton of minutes.

As much as I love those two players, I take Keith over them nearly every time. And Ryan Suter, too, another player who I'd say plays a similar game to McD.

Yeah Keith and Suter are both better defensively than Karlsson and Subban. Offensively though it's not really close, the latter 2 are basically 4th forwards out there. If I had to choose one or the other I guess it would depend on the makeup of the team in question. A team starving for offense like ours would probably take the latter whereas Chicago ties their skates and scores 4 a game so Keith/Suter would be more logical

I can definitely see the comparison from Suter/Keith to McDonagh

JohnC 12-05-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBoyle (Post 75629513)
Duncan Keith doesn't really have a big shot. I think he's a pretty good comparable for McDonagh, brought him up over the summer. Keith had some ~30 point seasons before hitting his stride at 24/25. Both are excellent skaters, have great vision, good hands, and log a **** ton of minutes.

As much as I love those two players, I take Keith over them nearly every time. And Ryan Suter, too, another player who I'd say plays a similar game to McD.

Like zomg bro did you just compare McDonagh to Duncan Keith and Suter? :shakehead


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.