HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: MLB Discussion Thread Part III: Jeter announces retirement after 2014 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1554079)

Bob Richards 12-06-2013 01:58 PM

MLB Discussion Thread Part III: Jeter announces retirement after 2014
 
Continue.

BroadwayBlues 12-06-2013 01:59 PM

Seattle's weather is not my cup tea. I'm sure it's not Cano's either. He probably also hates being so far away from the DR.

Bottom line is, he took the money. Good for him. Not many would turn down $240 million. Regardless of where the city is at.

Lundsanity30 12-06-2013 02:11 PM

mlb sources say choo will be the next Yankee now

Puckface NYR* 12-06-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues (Post 75653859)
Seattle's weather is not my cup tea. I'm sure it's not Cano's either. He probably also hates being so far away from the DR.

Bottom line is, he took the money. Good for him. Not many would turn down $240 million. Regardless of where the city is at.

I think both the Yanks and Cano made the right move. He wasn't getting near that money from them and the yankees didn't want to hand that contract over to someone that i personally feel, they didn't want as THE cornerstone of the franchise.

Cano is great but giving him 240-50 makes him THE guy. I don't think he's a leader. He'll be in the HOF, but he's not the charachter guy you want leading the team.


175-80 would have been fine.

Either way, as a yankees fan i'm sad to see his production go but happy we didn't pay that for him. I'm also happy for Robbie and hope he continues to play well.

Lundsanity30 12-06-2013 02:18 PM

Marc Carig*‏@MarcCarig*10mThe Yankees have already started their pursuit of Shin-Soo Choo. My column:*http://goo.gl/bwjqOZ

I Eat Crow 12-06-2013 02:20 PM

Choo is a move I can get behind. Better than Beltran

poeman 12-06-2013 02:21 PM

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN 22m

Major-league official told me he thinks Yankees' next move will be signing Shin-Soo Choo. #CanoFallout

Machinehead 12-06-2013 02:22 PM

I love Choo. Plus all the Choo Choo train puns will be worth the contract by themselves.

Rangerfan4life90 12-06-2013 02:25 PM

With Cano gone, I would sign Choo.

Puckface NYR* 12-06-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 75654929)
I love Choo. Plus all the Choo Choo train puns will be worth the contract by themselves.

I can see Sterling now

poeman 12-06-2013 02:29 PM

"That ball is high...That ball is far...That is...GONE....Chin up, Choo! Choo! run those bases...Choo Choo"

BarbaraAlphanse 12-06-2013 02:29 PM

Choo to Yanks will be good for the same duration Cano to Yanks was.

When will Yanks learn that signing aging vets only works for 2-3 years.

The more the Yanks do this the more that seasons like last year will become the norm and seasons dynasty decades become like a dream.

Rangerfan4life90 12-06-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjets36 (Post 75655231)
Choo to Yanks will be good for the same duration Cano to Yanks was.

When will Yanks learn that signing aging vets only works for 2-3 years.

The more the Yanks do this the more that seasons like last year will become the norm and seasons dynasty decades become like a dream.

I doubt Choo will get a 10 year contract first off.

poeman 12-06-2013 02:32 PM

Choo will get a contract similar to Granderson or slightly less...

JCrusher* 12-06-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poeman (Post 75655369)
Choo will get a contract similar to Granderson or slightly less...

Choo wants 100 million

Thirty One 12-06-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poeman (Post 75655369)
Choo will get a contract similar to Granderson or slightly less...

ummmm... he should definitely get more...

poeman 12-06-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers723 (Post 75655457)
Choo wants 100 million

lolzers :laugh:

NYR Viper 12-06-2013 02:36 PM

I have a feeling I will like the Choo signing. Good solid all-around player.

They need to sign Infante.

Lundsanity30 12-06-2013 02:36 PM

what? choo will be paid alot more than Grandy. did we forger who his agent is?

Thirty One 12-06-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poeman (Post 75655479)
lolzers :laugh:

Ellsbury got 150 million, so I wouldn't laugh.

Lundsanity30 12-06-2013 02:37 PM

choo is better than granderson

BarbaraAlphanse 12-06-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 (Post 75655321)
I doubt Choo will get a 10 year contract first off.

Not what I was saying.

Rangerfan4life90 12-06-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Viper (Post 75655505)
I have a feeling I will like the Choo signing. Good solid all-around player.

They need to sign Infante.

With Cano gone, Infante and Choo are almost must signings. Infante to replace Cano at 2B (Infante is a guy that always puts the ball in play, very versatile, and is a great defender), and Choo to replace Cano's hitting.

I'd prefer Choo to Beltran.

poeman 12-06-2013 02:39 PM

Delia Enriquez ‏@dfiregirl4 4m
Yankees are talking with Shin-Soo Choo.

Looks more and more likely

Machinehead 12-06-2013 02:39 PM

A Choo signing would most likely see Ichiro coming off the bench, no? Just doesn't seem right.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.