HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal/Idea - Tucker to Wings? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15541)

Ajo 09-30-2003 03:52 AM

Proposal/Idea - Tucker to Wings?

What would it take to get Tucker to the Red Wings?

Dandenault + 3rd?

McCarty + Dandenault?

Other?

Tucker can both haress and play hockey but he's hardly a 2nd liner. A 3rd liner with some scoring. Can play any position.

Team Dandenault 09-30-2003 04:05 AM

Devereaux or Williams.

I'd much rather have Avery back.

p.l.f. 09-30-2003 05:11 AM

i dont think that would do it somehow.

riight now, the leafs want a starting 4 defenseman who can rack up some points.

if tucker can be packaged with a few others for just that, then great.
otherwise, he's likely staying

caber24 09-30-2003 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
i dont think that would do it somehow.

riight now, the leafs want a starting 4 defenseman who can rack up some points.

if tucker can be packaged with a few others for just that, then great.
otherwise, he's likely staying

Exactly. Tucker isn't going anywhere unless it is in a package for a top 4 defenceman.

X8oD 09-30-2003 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arankys
Well it really make sense for Detroit to trade Mcarty since they have sooooooooo much toughness :rolleyes:

i mean after all, Donald Brasher was headed to the wings, wasnt he? :rolleyes:

Ajo 10-01-2003 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arankys
Well it really make sense for Detroit to trade Mcarty since they have sooooooooo much toughness :rolleyes:

What other response could come from you??

Trading McCarty could make sense...he eats salary and doesn't create much offensive. He's not worth the money his making as a grinder. Detroit won't trade cause of his character I think.

monkey_00* 10-01-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajo

Dandenault + 3rd?

McCarty + Dandenault?

Other?

Tucker can both haress and play hockey but he's hardly a 2nd liner. A 3rd liner with some scoring. Can play any position.

I think a deal with Detroit sending Darcy Tucker in that direction is very possible....I feel that the Leafs could trade him there and pickup Chris Chelios in return.....Tucker would go great on a line with Draper and McCarty and Chelios would be a welcomed addition to the Leafs defence.

Peter Griffin 10-01-2003 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_00
I think a deal with Detroit sending Darcy Tucker in that direction is very possible....I feel that the Leafs could trade him there and pickup Chris Chelios in return.....Tucker would go great on a line with Draper and McCarty and Chelios would be a welcomed addition to the Leafs defence.

:joker:

Chelios is a shadow of his former self, but the Wings aren't going to trade him to the Leafs for Tucker, you can't count on that. The best the Leafs could get is a guy like Mathieu Dandenault or a guy like Marek Malik(not Malik specifically). Someone who is a 5th guy who could be a decent 4th/5th d-man.

AlMo 10-01-2003 01:45 PM

Tucker has more value than a Mailk or Dandenault type......almost the same as saying we'll give you Berg for Holmstrom or Draper.

Tucker is a very good third liner not just an everyday average third liner. A third liner who can score 20-25 goals and put up 55-60 points is real good third liner and a valuable asset.

Not saying Tucker can land you top notch talent but he can land you someone that will definantly help your club.

As for the Chelios proposal...please keep him...the guy is an idiot and has attitude problems. Time for Chelly to retire.

Ajo 10-02-2003 01:45 AM

We'll see if Tucker bounces back to his 01-02 form with 59 points. I doubt that. 40 points is more on the line I think.

Lidstrom 10-02-2003 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajo

Dandenault + 3rd?

McCarty + Dandenault?

Other?

The reason Detroit was high on Avery, was b/c he had potential to control himself as he matured. Detroit understands that players that can't control themselves on the ice are useless to their system and their philosophy. Detroit is a thinking team, Tucker doesn't fit that style. Tucker is a veteran player who hasn't learned how to control his emotions.

PigPen 10-02-2003 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lidstrom
The reason Detroit was high on Avery, was b/c he had potential to control himself as he matured. Detroit understands that players that can't control themselves on the ice are useless to their system and their philosophy. Detroit is a thinking team, Tucker doesn't fit that style. Tucker is a veteran player who hasn't learned how to control his emotions.

You just about summed up what I was going to say.

As much as I like tucker, his mouth and his untimely penalties would not be a welcome addition to the red wings.

Motown Beatdown 10-02-2003 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
You just about summed up what I was going to say.

As much as I like tucker, his mouth and his untimely penalties would not be a welcome addition to the red wings.

But if he was traded for McCarty, he would just be replacing those untimely penalties that Darren takes. :p

But i still wouldn't make this deal. Having 7 good Dman is a great advantage. IF Lewis is smart, he'll be able to give alot of guyys time off so they are fresh in the playoffs. But Dandenault can move to foward if needed