HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Habs interested in Ryan O'Reilly (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1554889)

mhstudios 12-07-2013 05:23 PM

Habs interested in Ryan O'Reilly

From EK that the habs are interested on getting Ryan O'reilly and the rumors is that the price is a young d-man + prospect + 2nd rounder which I would not mind depends on the prospect and the young d-man.

KaossKing 12-07-2013 05:24 PM

doesnt sound like ROR's price to me. unless that young d-man is VERY good

HABS2DCUP 12-07-2013 05:25 PM

Any who, I would LOVE to have ROR on the habs but at the right price.

Landeslog 12-07-2013 05:25 PM

Good luck prying him from Roy's hands.
He's in charge of trades and he LOVES ROR

sansabri 12-07-2013 05:26 PM

lol. of course the Habs would be interested in him, but we ain't getting ROR unless we overpay for him and i'm not interested in trading someone like Galchenyuk or Gallagher for him.

Cypher 12-07-2013 05:27 PM

Soooo.. this thread is going to be on-going until February 28?, because that's the earliest Radar can be traded

CanadienShark 12-07-2013 05:28 PM

At the right price, hell ****ing yes I'd be interested. At the Avs asking price, hell ****ing no I'm not.

Alklha 12-07-2013 05:28 PM

Going to have to be a good Dman and prospect then. Not sure why Colorado would even bother discussing what they would want when he can't be traded for another 12 weeks.

Jedi Twinkie 12-07-2013 05:30 PM

I would want Emelin+good prospect+pick

But I don't know too much about Emelin, so this could be way off

Avs44 12-07-2013 05:31 PM

So the Avs have set the asking price for O'Reilly nearly three months before he can be traded?

Yes, that makes sense Ek...

Shinsuke Nakamura 12-07-2013 05:32 PM

Young dman + prospect + 2nd. Sounds like an HF offer.

Ferrero Rocher 12-07-2013 05:34 PM

Tinordi as the young defensemen? But nothing until Feb 28..

Nvm it is Eklund, doubt anything will happen.

Workensons 12-07-2013 05:35 PM

Lets back up and just think this one out. At one time he might have been available. Why in god's green earth would the Avs wanna trade him now? After Feaster offer sheeted him (like the incompetent GM he is), what little friction there may have been between the O'Reilly camp and the Avs definitely subsided. It makes sense to trade from a position of strength, but Colorado seems to love O'Reilly, and the feeling is certainly mutual.

Players like him are a dime a dozen. If you find a gem who can contribute regularly and play an impeccable two-way game like that, why would you be trying to offload him at all?

This rumor has got to be bull. And this is coming from a fan who can say his favorite player is O'Reilly. I'd be the next guy to start making ridiculous ROR proposals. Would give my left nut and a half to see him dawn a Sabres sweater. But being realistic, it probably won't ever happen.

O'Reilly's the type of player who would be a lifer in Colorado. Reminds me a lot of Modano in Dallas. Might make a quick cameo on another team later in his career, but he's an Av for life.

Savant 12-07-2013 05:40 PM

That is not the price for O'Reilly. No way in heck.

dreamingofdrouin* 12-07-2013 05:41 PM

i really dont get why avs would want to get rid of a 22 year old center who's got great upside...unless they are anticipating another difficult negotiation...but damn...talk about a young core...duchene...mackinnon...o'reilly...you would think that stastny would be the odd man out, but even still, keep him around until u have to pay mackinnon...give yourself the best chance to win. i dunno

what do avs fans think...is he gettin dealt?

AmeriHab 12-07-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoAvs (Post 75712451)
I would want Emelin+good prospect+pick

But I don't know too much about Emelin, so this could be way off

Won't be Emelin. Habs record is great with him in the line up and when he went down last year we were awful. He just came back and were winning again.

FYI, he's a train of a hitter and good defensively, something we lack in our top 4 with hitting

BrainOfJ 12-07-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin (Post 75713053)
i really dont get why avs would want to get rid of a 22 year old center who's got great upside...unless they are anticipating another difficult negotiation...but damn...talk about a young core...duchene...mackinnon...o'reilly...you would think that stastny would be the odd man out, but even still, keep him around until u have to pay mackinnon...give yourself the best chance to win. i dunno

He'll continue to be successful at wing

UncleRisto 12-07-2013 05:48 PM

This thread should also have the Eklund prefix.

The Avalanche are interested in Stamkos.

Matt Duchene is interested in fishing.

BlueDream 12-07-2013 05:56 PM

Didn't Eklund throw out MacKinnon's name recently too?

Parenteau's name is up next. Followed by Duchene.

He'll get it right eventually.

JayKing 12-07-2013 06:02 PM

Beaulieu, Leblanc & Habs 2nd :sarcasm:

Habsawce 12-07-2013 06:02 PM

Hockey team interested in good player - breaking news.

ginovegas 12-07-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin (Post 75713053)

and I don`t know why the Habs would be targetting ROR when we have PLekanec, Eller, Desharnais (wouldnt mind him leaving) and Galchenyul slated to become our # 1 center down the road

Where would ROR fit?, unless another centerman is going back I can't see how this would work

RockLobster 12-07-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginovegas (Post 75714591)
and I don`t know why the Habs would be targetting ROR when we have PLekanec, Eller, Desharnais (wouldnt mind him leaving) and Galchenyul slated to become our # 1 center down the road

Where would ROR fit?, unless another centerman is going back I can't see how this would work

You realize that he's currently the Top Line LW in Colorado right? That Matt Duchene specifically asked for him to be moved up to his line....

Landeslog 12-07-2013 06:15 PM

Avs are tied for first in wins in the entire league with the least amount of games played.
I HIGHLY doubt that any big name player is involved in anything unless it's a slam dunk for the Avs

Avs For Life 12-07-2013 06:37 PM

I would hope ROR would not be moved for anything less than an overpayment. He has been excellent this year. I would rather lock him up long term.