HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 unrelated things of note (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15555)

True Blue 09-30-2003 04:57 AM

2 unrelated things of note

1. The 2nd game of the season is at Columbus. Anyone think that the fireworks will fly during that game? I know that the bottom line is a win, however with the debacle last year and the way that things went so far in preseason, anyone think that things will erupt that night?
2. Pierre Lacroix's contract is up at the end of the year. His tenative extension will probably depend on what the 'Lanche do this year. Can anyone envision a scenario that the Dolans wisen up and go after him? I realize that first thing is that Sather would have to be out of here. However, I really think that he is out of here following this year. He may have 1 more year on his contract, but I see him bolting so that he does not have to deal w/ the CBA (another reason to fear him this year). Even if they do go afer Lacroix, he certainly seems to genuinely dislike the Rangers so there is no guarantee. I, for one, would be in favor of him supplanting Jackass.

Fletch 09-30-2003 05:08 AM

Dolans wisen up?

Nope.

COL game should be interesting.

Edge 09-30-2003 10:13 AM

Columbus will be interesting

if lacorix goes anywhere it certainly wont be to Ny.

JCProdigy 09-30-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
if lacorix goes anywhere it certainly wont be to Ny.

Ah...but money is the great equalizer...btw he ain't comin here!

Edge 09-30-2003 03:22 PM

you're gonna laugh but i could see him going to the islanders.

#37-#93-#27* 09-30-2003 04:37 PM

1. Yes. Seems like there was already some fireworks in just the preseason games. I see us losing as a result.

2. I have a hard time believing the Avs will not re-up Lacroix's contract. He's built a great team with really no weakness. They've always been productive through their drafting and have always made the necessary moves to stay on top.

True Blue 10-01-2003 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
you're gonna laugh but i could see him going to the islanders.

I can't see him going to a place that has $$$ restrictions. Not saying that he needs the Rangers sky-high budget, but he needs something more than what the Isles can give. But one never knows.

"1. Yes. Seems like there was already some fireworks in just the preseason games. I see us losing as a result."

The game may very well be a hard-hitting game. I think that the key may be to establish the body early and pester their pests early. Be the initiators and get the other team to take the retaliatory penalties for a change.

"2. I have a hard time believing the Avs will not re-up Lacroix's contract. He's built a great team with really no weakness. They've always been productive through their drafting and have always made the necessary moves to stay on top."

That is all certainly true. However, for the past several years, the 'Lanche have as much star power as the Rangers do, if not more. Especially this year. This year, the 'Lanche look more like hockey's version of the Yankees, as far as having an All-Star at every position. Their top 2 lines look like something straight out of the All-Star shoot out.
Personally I think that the 'Lanche resign Lacroix. However, if one fails with high-priced talent, you never knows what happens.

True Blue 10-01-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneirin
You forget, after this year everyone's gonna have money restrictions.

Some more than others though