HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Vanek (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1556057)

Riseonfire 12-08-2013 02:02 PM

Vanek

With the way our season is going, it might be better for the Isles to trade Vanek and let Strome take his spot.

What would your team give up to get him? Would prefer a 1 for 1 flip instead of a collection of pieces. Defence needed.

Habsawce 12-08-2013 02:11 PM

Perfect fit in Montreal. Would have to be a pick and a prospect though.

Beerz 12-08-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 75785175)
With the way our season is going, it might be better for the Isles to trade Vanek and let Strome take his spot.

What would your team give up to get him? Would prefer a 1 for 1 flip instead of a collection of pieces. Defence needed.

You're really not going to get a trade like that with Vanek being a UFA ... no team outside of the playoffs is going to trade for him and the contenders will want to move futures for him.

Islanders are in a pickle if they think they're going to get immediate help.

Riseonfire 12-08-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 75785857)
You're really not going to get a trade like that with Vanek being a UFA ... no team outside of the playoffs is going to trade for him and the contenders will want to move futures for him.

Islanders are in a pickle if they think they're going to get immediate help.

Maybe not immediate help, but someone like Duncan Siemens would be great.

Vankiller Whale 12-08-2013 02:27 PM

Chris Tanev + 1st + Gaunce/Jensen/maybe Lack

Provided we can be fairly certain to re-sugn him.

Beerz 12-08-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 75786409)
Maybe not immediate help, but someone like Duncan Siemens would be great.

If I were the Islanders I would be trying to recoup the 2015 1st that will eventually be deferred to Sabres. 2015 1st and either a D-man or Goalie that is close to NHL ready.

Canadian Canuck 12-08-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 75786737)
Chris Tanev + 1st + Gaunce/Jensen/maybe Lack

Provided we can be fairly certain to re-sugn him.

This is a fair trade:handclap:

Islesny91 12-08-2013 02:45 PM

Would ducks be interested in a deal surrounding vanek for Gibson?

Ron C. 12-08-2013 03:02 PM

Moulson and a 2nd? :sarcasm:

KingCanadain1976 12-08-2013 03:09 PM

Martinez scrivens and contional 1st if he resigns

CREW99AW 12-08-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 75786757)
If I were the Islanders I would be trying to recoup the 2015 1st that will eventually be deferred to Sabres. 2015 1st and either a D-man or Goalie that is close to NHL ready.

Isles will have four or five blueline prospects ,with legitimate chances at a limited number of nhl spots in next yrs camp: Reinhart , De Haan, Pulock, Donovan and maybe Ness.

Not looking for picks or orospects.

CREW99AW 12-08-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron C. (Post 75789091)
Moulson and a 2nd? :sarcasm:

When did Moulson develop into an elite talent, the Brooklyn tix draw Yormark/Wang/Ratner want?

Beerz 12-08-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 75789653)
Isles will have four or five blueline prospects ,with legitimate chances at a limited number of nhl spots in next yrs camp: Reinhart , De Haan, Pulock, Donovan and maybe Ness.

Not looking for picks or orospects.

Then you better hope you re-sign him.

Beerz 12-08-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 75789785)
When did Moulson develop into an elite talent, the Brooklyn tix draw Yormark/Wang/Ratner want?

Didn't see the " :sarcasm: " , eh?

Tunapants 12-08-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiedokie21 (Post 75787957)
Would ducks be interested in a deal surrounding vanek for Gibson?

No...

CodeE 12-08-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 75785175)

Probably not going to get that, though. Look through past deadline deals - I honestly can't think of any "1-for-1 UFA for young roster player" off the top of my head. These "Player + Prospect + Pick" trades have simply become the norm, and if Vanek gets traded, I sincerely doubt it'll be a 1-on-1 swap.

CREW99AW 12-08-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 75789841)
Then you better hope you re-sign him.

I have said several times that I want Vanek to get a huge offer from Wang and re-sign.

Isles already have a bunch of quality prospects, so no interesting in kids who's upside is lower then Strome/Reinhart/Pulock/Nelson.

A first that is 3-4 yrs from contributing? Nah. I would rather have Vanek.

CodeE 12-08-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 75791223)
I have said several times that I want Vanek to get a huge offer from Wang and re-sign.

Isles already have a bunch of quality prospects, so no interesting in kids who's upside is lower then Strome/Reinhart/Pulock/Nelson.

A first that is 3-4 yrs from contributing? Nah. I would rather have Vanek.

Starting to sound like Garth here:

- Too much confidence in our picks and prospects
- Would rather keep Vanek and let him walk then recoup our assets

As much as I like our organizational depth, if the kiddies were really that good, they'd be contributing on the main team and we wouldn't be looking at another bottom 5 finish.

Whether or not we sign or resign Vanek is another issue entirely, but the "we don't need your picks or prospects so don't even bother" attitude is a very, very, very bad one to take when you're trying to move an upcoming UFA. I'll happily take a prospect whose upside is slightly lower than Strome/Reinhart/Pulock/Nelson.

CREW99AW 12-08-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeE (Post 75791777)
Starting to sound like Garth here:

- Too much confidence in our picks and prospects
- Would rather keep Vanek and let him walk then recoup our assets

As much as I like our organizational depth, if the kiddies were really that good, they'd be contributing on the main team and we wouldn't be looking at another bottom 5 finish.

Whether or not we sign or resign Vanek is another issue entirely, but the "we don't need your picks or prospects so don't even bother" attitude is a very, very, very bad one to take when you're trying to move an upcoming UFA. I'll happily take a prospect whose upside is slightly lower than Strome/Reinhart/Pulock/Nelson.

No interesting in seeing the key return for Vanek blocked by better orosoects from the nhl, but thriving in juniors or the ahl.

A trade is a two way street. Teams trying to acquire Vanek want an elite scorer. In this case, I agree with Snow. Offer up something that will actually improve the nyi, while Vanek improves the other team.

CodeE 12-08-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 75792511)
No interesting in seeing the key return for Vanek blocked by better orosoects from the nhl, but thriving in juniors or the ahl.

A trade is a two way street. Teams trying to acquire Vanek want an elite scorer. In this case, I agree with Snow. Offer up something that will actually improve the nyi, while Vanek improves the other team.

It's just not realistic to expect that though. Look at last year's trade deadline:

Pominville, Gaborik, Jagr, JayBo, all traded for packages of players. Erat traded for Forsberg.

As much as I'd want a young top-4 defenseman coming back, history proves that we really shouldn't be expecting that. If Vanek does get traded from the Islanders sometime this season, I'd bet anything it would look like a Tanev & Gaunce & 1st deal as opposed to what you're looking for.

Out of curiosity, what roster-ready defenseman would you be looking for that you'd view as fair exchange for UFA Vanek? I'm curious if you can think up a "1-for-1" deal that both sides would agree to.

CREW99AW 12-08-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeE (Post 75793213)
It's just not realistic to expect that though. Look at last year's trade deadline:

Pominville, Gaborik, Jagr, JayBo, all traded for packages of players. Erat traded for Forsberg.

As much as I'd want a young top-4 defenseman coming back, history proves that we really shouldn't be expecting that. If Vanek does get traded from the Islanders sometime this season, I'd bet anything it would look like a Tanev & Gaunce & 1st deal as opposed to what you're looking for.

Out of curiosity, what roster-ready defenseman would you be looking for that you'd view as fair exchange for UFA Vanek? I'm curious if you can think up a "1-for-1" deal that both sides would agree to.

I had been hoping Nashville and the Isles would end up trade partners, that youngsters Jones/Josi have made Klein available. But, Nashville has pretty much fallen out if the race.

So now I find myself cheering on Columbus, 4-5 pts behind the 2nd and 3rd teams in their division. I have always liked Tytutin from his NYR days.

Beerz 12-08-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 75795017)
I had been hoping Nashville and the Isles would end up trade partners, that youngsters Jones/Josi have made Klein available. But, Nashville has pretty much fallen out if the race.

So now I find myself cheering on Columbus, 4-5 pts behind the 2nd and 3rd teams in their division. I have always liked Tytutin from his NYR days.

and those would be horrible trades for the Islanders ...band aids for a severed artery.

SLAPSHOT723 12-08-2013 04:39 PM

I don't think he moves.

CREW99AW 12-08-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 75795477)
and those would be horrible trades for the Islanders ...band aids for a severed artery.

Considering Snow said last summer that the isles fan should expect internal upgrades, I would consider Klein or Tytutin to be terrific vet pickup, while kids like Reinhart/Pulock/De Haan make their way onto the roster.

I think we could very likely see two out of those three playing on LI nextseason.

CodeE 12-08-2013 04:49 PM

Klein is the new Khudobin to me. Every Isles fan seems to want him and I have no idea why.