HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Trotz Interview on 106.7 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=155647)

vopatsrash 07-28-2005 06:00 PM

Trotz Interview on 106.7

An excellent in-studio interview with Trotz just concluded on 106.7. I had to start writing things down, it was so chock full of goodness. First of all, what a class guy Barry Trotz is. wow.

-Very high on Smithson and said he would definitely compete for 4th line center.

-High on Gamache, Weber, and Klein.

-Hamhuis-very complimentary. "will not win a Norris trophy but is the type of guy that could be an all star for the rest of his career."

-called the new diving rules "The Tootoo rules" and said he will discuss that with him so he's more careful about his embellishments.

-discussed Tootoo/Hordichuk line, so it looks like Toots is not in Milly in his mind.

-Defended choice of Johnson as captain over Walker. "No disrespect to walker, but Johnson is such a pro that he doesn't need to say anything. Everyone has the highest respect for him and when he does say something everyone's all ears." Interesting he brought that up, b/c he wasn't asked. He said he's aware that many want walker to be captain.

-Said he went to Mellencamp/Fogerty concert last night only because they bought tix to it awhile back, but earlier yesterday something clicked and he went into "hockey mode" and started working on lines and hockey stuff when he got home from the concert and stayed up until 5AM and got up at 7:30 to do an interview and worked on hockey all day. Said his wife says there is a visible difference and looks at him funny.

-Said that he wants a player that "fits the Preds team culture" over an all-star and said Jagr would just be wrong in a Preds uniform. Surprised he mentioned him by name, not that he's necessarily wrong.

-Said the Preds need to work harder on inner city awareness of hockey and will discuss this with Preds staff.

-Said he's not disappointed with the #18 pick b/c he figured we would have picked near their anyway. He said he really enjoys playoff expectations and pressure.

-He said many people who have been to major sporting events throughout the world that were in the gec during the playoffs said that was the most intensity they ever witnessed at a sporting event.

The man was on fire. it was great to hear.

SmokeyClause 07-28-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
An excellent in-studio interview with Trotz just concluded on 106.7. I had to start writing things down, it was so chock full of goodness. First of all, what a class guy Barry Trotz is. wow.

-Very high on Smithson and said he would definitely compete for 4th line center.

-High on Gamache, Weber, and Klein.

-Hamhuis-very complimentary. "will not win a Norris trophy but is the type of guy that could be an all star for the rest of his career."

-called the new diving rules "The Tootoo rules" and said he will discuss that with him so he's more careful about his embellishments.

-discussed Tootoo/Hordichuk line, so it looks like Toots is not in Milly in his mind.

-Defended choice of Johnson as captain over Walker. "No disrespect to walker, but Johnson is such a pro that he doesn't need to say anything. Everyone has the highest respect for him and when he does say something everyone's all ears." Interesting he brought that up, b/c he wasn't asked. He said he's aware that many want walker to be captain.

-Said he went to Mellencamp/Fogerty concert last night only because they bought tix to it awhile back, but earlier yesterday something clicked and he went into "hockey mode" and started working on lines and hockey stuff when he got home from the concert and stayed up until 5AM and got up at 7:30 to do an interview and worked on hockey all day. Said his wife says there is a visible difference and looks at him funny.

-Said that he wants a player that "fits the Preds team culture" over an all-star and said Jagr would just be wrong in a Preds uniform. Surprised he mentioned him by name, not that he's necessarily wrong.

-Said the Preds need to work harder on inner city awareness of hockey and will discuss this with Preds staff.

-Said he's not disappointed with the #18 pick b/c he figured we would have picked near their anyway. He said he really enjoys playoff expectations and pressure.

-He said many people who have been to major sporting events throughout the world that were in the gec during the playoffs said that was the most intensity they ever witnessed at a sporting event.

The man was on fire. it was great to hear.

It was great. I was off work and turned it on and heard a Canadian voice in the background. My ears perked up and sure enough, it was Trotzy. Great interview!

Enoch 07-28-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
It was great. I was off work and turned it on and heard a Canadian voice in the background. My ears perked up and sure enough, it was Trotzy. Great interview!

Darnit!!! I don't get 106.7 here, and I'm only an hour out of Nashville. The interview sounds great - I'm glad he is high on Gamache, and equally glad he is going to have a chat with Tootoo. One thing I firmly agree with is the Hamhuis line - the kid is going to be great.....

Anything more on the Hordy/Tootoo line?