HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Blue Jays Discussion: One last house call: Roy Halladay signs 1-day contract to retire as a Blue Jay (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1556911)

The Nemesis 12-09-2013 01:42 PM

One last house call: Roy Halladay signs 1-day contract to retire as a Blue Jay

carry on.

BlueForever 12-09-2013 01:46 PM

So what does a Bautista and Janssen get you in one deal??? We need a starter and second baseman. It would definitely need to be from someone that intends to contend and has a surplus of what we need.

Maybe AA needs to look in trading these guys to fill whole at second and in rotation, then turn around and sign another outfielder with pop who are a dime a dozen.

The Nemesis 12-09-2013 01:49 PM

Those are the holes he's said that he is focusing on.

Nazem Bozak 12-09-2013 01:50 PM

as I posted near the end of lat thread:

Quote:

@bnicholsonsmith
Follow
Anthopoulos: Blue Jays working on various ideas including one more complicated longshot #wintermeetings

http://beta.thescore.com/mlb/news/377187

wulfio* 12-09-2013 01:52 PM

wow that tweet was so informative. #ambiguous

BlueForever 12-09-2013 01:55 PM

So what do you think we can get back in a trade for Bautista and Jansen?

Felstead 12-09-2013 01:56 PM

Im no mind-reader but Id imagine AA is looking at first and foremost the starting rotation over 2b right now. Seeing as how defense was such a miserable failure last year, I'm sure he is quite content with Goins as a starting 2b right now if no other option presents itself.

I can't honestly see a Edwin for Price deal going down in all reality.. Filling a hole and creating a hole all in one. Although our offense has been touted as good every year..This would be too big of a loss and I don't see anyone on the free agent market that could do what Edwin does at the plate to be honest.

topched 12-09-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felstead (Post 75850247)
Im no mind-reader but Id imagine AA is looking at first and foremost the starting rotation over 2b right now. Seeing as how defense was such a miserable failure last year, I'm sure he is quite content with Goins as a starting 2b right now if no other option presents itself.

I can't honestly see a Edwin for Price deal going down in all reality.. Filling a hole and creating a hole all in one. Although our offense has been touted as good every year..This would be too big of a loss and I don't see anyone on the free agent market that could do what Edwin does at the plate to be honest.

Add that to the fact that Tbay is looking for multiple young pieces with 5+ years of control and things don't really stack up.

As always, they're more than happy to get a couple young guys who they can mould their way, and then give them long RFA contracts. As great as EE is, a guy like will Myers has way more value to a team in Tampas situation

Everlong 12-09-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueForever (Post 75849811)
So what does a Bautista and Janssen get you in one deal??? We need a starter and second baseman. It would definitely need to be from someone that intends to contend and has a surplus of what we need.

Maybe AA needs to look in trading these guys to fill whole at second and in rotation, then turn around and sign another outfielder with pop who are a dime a dozen.

True to an extent. Jose plays a great right field plus the hard throw to 2nd/3rd. That plus the extra 10-20 bombs he'll hit really would leave us with another hole. Especially if Gose isn't quite ready. I don't see a situation where both Janssen and Jose are dealt. One or the other, maybe.

Revolt 12-09-2013 02:32 PM

I just keep refreshing, looking at twitter, and refreshing mlbtraderumours hoping for something haha.

Oh the anticipation....

pooleboy 12-09-2013 02:38 PM

i really like what Halladay did, its like the anti-mats sundin... your welcome for the HHOF induction.

Halladay let us trade him for futures, then he came back and retired a jay
Sundin didn't let us trade him for anything because he didn't want to be a rental player, then he retired a canuck.

shows real class right there, and i still dont understand why everyone loves the guy so much... didn't bring us squat (Sundin)

SpezDispenser 12-09-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleboy (Post 75852543)
shows real class right there, and i still dont understand why everyone loves the guy so much... didn't bring us squat (Sundin)

Same reason people continue to love Alfredsson? I dunno, sitting as an arch rival, I'm pretty sure you know why people love Sundin in Toronto, no?

Nazem Bozak 12-09-2013 02:54 PM

guys Nemesis has already said stop with the hockey/sundin talk.

Also idk the complicated long shot could be a big deal with white sox for sale/beckham or other pitchers and beckham.

but the most complicated rumour i've heard is David Price because of the division

mapes 12-09-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleboy (Post 75852543)
i really like what Halladay did, its like the anti-mats sundin... your welcome for the HHOF induction.

Halladay let us trade him for futures, then he came back and retired a jay
Sundin didn't let us trade him for anything because he didn't want to be a rental player, then he retired a canuck.

BEcause he put his heart and soul into the Leafs for how many years?

REgardless psyched! Im going to Dunedin for the March 7th game and Doc could be there! Awesome, my favorite athlete ever.

mapes 12-09-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazem Bozak (Post 75853501)
guys Nemesis has already said stop with the hockey/sundin talk.

Also idk the complicated long shot could be a big deal with white sox for sale/beckham or other pitchers and beckham.

but the most complicated rumour i've heard is David Price because of the division

MY bad, just got home.

AS for another deal, please bring in an ace.

dredeye 12-09-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everlong (Post 75851379)
True to an extent. Jose plays a great right field plus the hard throw to 2nd/3rd. That plus the extra 10-20 bombs he'll hit really would leave us with another hole. Especially if Gose isn't quite ready. I don't see a situation where both Janssen and Jose are dealt. One or the other, maybe.

Well if the Jays did trade Jose they could go out and grab Kemp or Ethier from the Dodgers and fill his spot. It doesn't sound like the Dodgers are willing to eat too much of either's contract so the price would likely remain lower if the Jays were willing to add the salary. I also don't understand why they wouldn't trade both Jansen and Jose. One has nothing to do with the other and the two of them packaged together if that's what's being mentioned would/should net one hell of a return seeing as they both have sweetheart deals.

mapes 12-09-2013 03:08 PM

Are they doing a Winter Tour in January? I havent heard anything

hockeywiz542 12-09-2013 03:08 PM

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/410101103821602816

Quote:

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi

Pirates discussing multiple trade options for first base vacancy, including Adam Lind and Logan Morrison, sources say. @FOXSports1

9:38 AM - 9 Dec 13

hockeywiz542 12-09-2013 03:09 PM

https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/sta...44527568338945

Quote:

Jon Heyman

@JonHeymanCBS

LoMo @LoMoMarlins trade market getting a bit warmer. Brewers jays pirates rays possibles.

12:30 PM - 9 Dec 13

Nazem Bozak 12-09-2013 03:10 PM

what in the **** are we going to do with logan morrison?

I'm guessing that EE for Price trade is a possibility?

calcal798 12-09-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dredeye (Post 75854247)
Well if the Jays did trade Jose they could go out and grab Kemp or Ethier from the Dodgers and fill his spot. It doesn't sound like the Dodgers are willing to eat too much of either's contract so the price would likely remain lower if the Jays were willing to add the salary. I also don't understand why they wouldn't trade both Jansen and Jose. One has nothing to do with the other and the two of them packaged together if that's what's being mentioned would/should net one hell of a return seeing as they both have sweetheart deals.

Who is it being mentioned for?

Schennanigans 12-09-2013 03:12 PM

I'm really surprised Roy has decided to hang it up. I thought he still a lot left in the tank at least as a top 5 starter some where. Would of been nice to play one last season for us.

hockeywiz542 12-09-2013 03:12 PM

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore_orioles/

Quote:

3:01pm: Peter Gammons noted on the MLB Network's broadcast that the Mariners have been in on Colon from the beginning and mentioned the Blue Jays as a possibility as well.

p.l.f. 12-09-2013 03:14 PM

LA dodgers asking about Price
I wonder what they could offer

BayStreetBullies* 12-09-2013 03:15 PM

Not to put down Halladay or anything {Mod} - Doc actually did put the Jays in a precarious position by telling them to either trade him before spring training, or don't bother.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4702760

Roy Halladay, the All-Star pitcher who has been the subject of much trade talk since before last July's deadline, will not approve any proposed deal after he reports to spring training, according to his representatives.

This means that the Toronto Blue Jays either will have to work out a trade of the right-hander by the end of the offseason, or be prepared to receive only draft-pick compensation when the pitcher becomes eligible for free agency in the fall of 2010.