HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Waiver Draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15576)

kazo 09-30-2003 07:17 AM

Waiver Draft

So with not much going on anybody care to speculate on who will be protected and who won't.

There could be some very interesting names that normally wouldn't be exposed but who may be because money.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-30-2003 07:59 AM

I'd dare someone to take Malakhov, Simon and Kasparaitis.

Lundyfan 09-30-2003 08:11 AM

I'd pay someone to take Simon.....

CostaTheCrazyGreek 09-30-2003 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundyfan
I'd pay someone to take Simon.....

TESTIFY brother Lundyfan!!!! Amen!!!! :handclap: :bow:

Melrose_Jr. 09-30-2003 08:40 AM

Petro seems like a sure bet to be taken if he's exposed. Simon HAS to be the odd man out.

A smart GM would expose Kaspar's ludicrous contract. For that matter, who would touch Messier at any price?

FacelessButcher 09-30-2003 09:56 AM

I was reading in the Flyer boards they might expose Leclair u think Sather might want to re-unite him with Lindros even at a pricey $18million over 2 years?

Draft Guru 09-30-2003 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I was reading in the Flyer boards they might expose Leclair u think Sather might want to re-unite him with Lindros even at a pricey $18million over 2 years?

If we were going to take on a contract like that, **** Leclair, let's go for Jagr. He'll come cheap and is still one of the best in the game

John Flyers Fan 09-30-2003 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher

LeClair will be exposed, but it's 3 years and $27 million remaining.

Edge 09-30-2003 10:40 AM

why can i just see sather adding him in an effort to get our "focus" player back on track. it'll be fun watching everyline get shuffled. Well Lundmark hasn't lite the world on fire in the preseason so we'll be moving him now or assigning him to the minors.

kazo 09-30-2003 11:03 AM

I am just assuming that Bure will be exposed. Anyone hear anything different? At 6 mil per for a #6 defensemen, there's no way Kasparaitis should be be protected but Im sure he will.

True Blue 09-30-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
LeClair will be exposed, but it's 3 years and $27 million remaining.

There is just no way Jackass would be so stupid as to do this. Not after all the broken down players he picked up continued to be broken down after they got here. And another 3 years at $9m/per would deter anyone.
BTW, when exactly is the waiver draft?

Melrose_Jr. 09-30-2003 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
BTW, when exactly is the waiver draft?

Friday, but protected lists have to be in by 4pm today.

John Flyers Fan 09-30-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
There is just no way Jackass would be so stupid as to do this. Not after all the broken down players he picked up continued to be broken down after they got here. And another 3 years at $9m/per would deter anyone.

Are you sure of that? Or just trying to convince yourself so you'll be able to sleep tonight ??? :D :D

FacelessButcher 09-30-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Are you sure of that? Or just trying to convince yourself so you'll be able to sleep tonight ??? :D :D

haha, I don't think Sather will do it either just wanted to know what u guys thought of the possiblity of it occuring.

Fletch 09-30-2003 11:36 AM

Petro..not Barnaby?

sounds as though Petro was having a decent camp, once he began to play, and Barnaby was not. Further, Barnaby's $1.6 million price tag might be a deterrent out there given the fact that so many teams are strapped for cash. May be worth a shot. Given the fact that Matty doesn't believe he can be effective with little ice time, Petro can be because he will be on the PK too.

kazo 09-30-2003 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Friday, but protected lists have to be in by 4pm today.

Is that protected list due in today or tomorrow?

Melrose_Jr. 09-30-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazo
Is that protected list due in today or tomorrow?

They're due in to the league office today but won't be released to the public until tomorrow.

JCProdigy 09-30-2003 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneirin
I think they expose Petrovicky. It's highly unlikely he's in Sather's plans for this year and he's not really that valuable to the rest of the league. He just ain't all that. (Guess, I'm gonna start another marathon thread on this one).

Nope, not from me, I actually agree with you on this one. While I do like Petro, I don't think he's something that we don't already have in the combo of Dlac, Baranaby (even though you hate him), and Simon (even though everybody hates him). I also could see Sather putting him on waivers and not care (maybe hoping) that he gets taken. Mind you, I'm saying all of this and I like Petro and what he brings.

Melrose_Jr. 09-30-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneirin
He just ain't all that.

I just don't see a need to lose any players uncompensated when there's players on this roster who wouldn't get picked up under any circumstances.

Do we have to protect Jakopin?

kazo 09-30-2003 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I just don't see a need to lose any players uncompensated when there's players on this roster who wouldn't get picked up under any circumstances.

Do we have to protect Jakopin?

He's a guy who get picked up by a team short on defense.

Fire Sather 09-30-2003 02:57 PM

instead of exposing guys we need or will need, expose something we know that no one will touch with a 10 foot pool. Holik, Kaspar..Simon. Id feel safer rather than having a D Lac, Petro ( i really like him) exposed.

NYR Battaglia 09-30-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 26
instead of exposing guys we need or will need, expose something we know that no one will touch with a 10 foot pool. Holik, Kaspar..Simon. Id feel safer rather than having a D Lac, Petro ( i really like him) exposed.

I would not be too sure about that. Expose: Holik never. Kaspar maybe. Bure definitly.

ihatenewjersey 09-30-2003 05:06 PM

i hope petro gets taken away

nyr5186 09-30-2003 05:15 PM

Im hoping we dont expose Petro just for the fact that he's a good penalty killer. The last thing we need to do is further weaken the weakest part of our team.

#37-#93-#27* 09-30-2003 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Im hoping we dont expose Petro just for the fact that he's a good penalty killer. The last thing we need to do is further weaken the weakest part of our team.

I agree. He also seems to always get noticed which is something not a lot of players on this team does. I would much rather see a low risk at being taken like Kasparitus be left unprotected. It would probably for the better if someone were to be foolish enough to take Kaspar anyway. Addition by subtraction.