HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Patrick Wiercioch to SJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1557921)

DuckEatinShark 12-10-2013 04:15 PM

Patrick Wiercioch to SJ
 
We really, really need a top 4 LHD with room to grow that can play with Boyle. Stuart has been bad all year and Hannan isn't much better. I feel that Wiercioch would work out nicely for the Sharks or, at least, better than Irwin has.

That being said, what's the price for him? I'm not sure what Ottawa's needs are.

PaGEEsBack 12-10-2013 04:16 PM

A young top 4 RHD?

Gene Parmesan 12-10-2013 04:23 PM

Sharks offer Matt Tennyson. Good skater, good size, two way dman and a right handed shot.

fasterthanlight 12-10-2013 04:26 PM

Demers for Wiercioch? I don't know if I'm way off value wise here.

CanadianSharks 12-10-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasterthanlight (Post 75917793)
Demers for Wiercioch? I don't know if I'm way off value wise here.

To SJ, I think they hold similar value, but around the league, I think Wiercioch holds higher value. In that circumstance, I think we'd have to add. That said, I'd add a little for Wiercioch.

Qward 12-10-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan (Post 75917653)
Sharks offer Matt Tennyson. Good skater, good size, two way dman and a right handed shot.

Not worth it for Ottawa.


Wiercioch is playing more PP minutes, is on the second pairing (even though it is on his wrong side) and is showing great skills.

If Ottawa moves Cowen, Wiercioch becomes our default second line LHD for the foreseeable future.

If you want Patty, you need to offer more than a college signing that is playing poorly in the AHL.

Matthew Nieto would be a good starting point.

fasterthanlight 12-10-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 75918161)
Not worth it for Ottawa.


Wiercioch is playing more PP minutes, is on the second pairing (even though it is on his wrong side) and is showing great skills.

If Ottawa moves Cowen, Wiercioch becomes our default second line LHD for the foreseeable future.

If you want Patty, you need to offer more than a college signing that is playing poorly in the AHL.

Matthew Nieto would be a good starting point.

What are Ottawa's needs? Would Wiercioch be available at all?

Benjamin 12-10-2013 04:38 PM

A top 4 puck moving dman.

HavlatMach9 12-10-2013 04:38 PM

we need D... and it looks like the only way to get it is to get Wiercioch and Cowen to age quicker.

hockeyball 12-10-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 75918161)
Not worth it for Ottawa.


Wiercioch is playing more PP minutes, is on the second pairing (even though it is on his wrong side) and is showing great skills.

If Ottawa moves Cowen, Wiercioch becomes our default second line LHD for the foreseeable future.

If you want Patty, you need to offer more than a college signing that is playing poorly in the AHL.

Matthew Nieto would be a good starting point.

I wouldn't do that. Nieto and Hertl are all we have as far as top-6 prospects go. If I'm moving Nieto it's going to be for someone better than Wiercioch.

The Sharks will look for a player that can get with picks/prospects, that likely isn't going to work with Ottawa. If they are going to move roster players (and Nieto is pretty close to a roster player at this point) they are going to be looking for a Boyle replacement, that's also not Wiercioch.

CanadianSharks 12-10-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 75918161)
Not worth it for Ottawa.


Wiercioch is playing more PP minutes, is on the second pairing (even though it is on his wrong side) and is showing great skills.

If Ottawa moves Cowen, Wiercioch becomes our default second line LHD for the foreseeable future.

If you want Patty, you need to offer more than a college signing that is playing poorly in the AHL.

Matthew Nieto would be a good starting point.

Nieto won't work from our perspective, I don't think. Would something around Demers interest you? He's currently SJ's #4 d-man, who plays an offensive game on our #2 PP unit. He's also a RHD who's stuck behind depth. Ideally, he'd be paired with a shutdown D like Cowen in Ottawa.

Qward 12-10-2013 04:51 PM

Problem with Demers is, going forward our #4 D is going to be Ceci behind Karlsson. He is almost ready now.

Hmm. I am not sure where to go from here.

Ideally I would love to do a 3 for 1 deal, but I doubt the Sharks would want to give up any of their young guns. Sens are loaded with top 6 prospects.

Puempel, Da Costa, Stone, Petersson, Prince, Hoffman, Pageau, Schneider, Robinson, Lazar are all top 6 prospects.

Hatrick Marleau 12-10-2013 05:10 PM

Giving up Demers would be a lateral move. I don't think there is a deal to be made here.

trentmccleary 12-10-2013 05:19 PM

Offensive d-men are a weakness in Ottawa, not a strength. There's no reasonable deal to be made here.

hockeyball 12-10-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 75918911)
Problem with Demers is, going forward our #4 D is going to be Ceci behind Karlsson. He is almost ready now.

Hmm. I am not sure where to go from here.

Ideally I would love to do a 3 for 1 deal, but I doubt the Sharks would want to give up any of their young guns. Sens are loaded with top 6 prospects.

Puempel, Da Costa, Stone, Petersson, Prince, Hoffman, Pageau, Schneider, Robinson, Lazar are all top 6 prospects.

You would basically need to be looking for defensive prospects, of which we are loaded. Tennyson, Albetshauser, Doherty, Petrecki, Mueller, etc.

zombiekopitor 12-10-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentmccleary (Post 75920041)
Offensive d-men are a weakness in Ottawa, not a strength. There's no reasonable deal to be made here.

lol you could have 5 out of your 6 dmen Chris Phillips and Doug Murray and their clones; but as long as you have Erik Karlsson it's hardly a weakness.

Personally I would consider trading Nieto, if only because of the emergence of Wingels. would be difficult and would rather do Irwin and Hamilton or something.

trentmccleary 12-10-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robes of Teal (Post 75927443)
lol you could have 5 out of your 6 dmen Chris Phillips and Doug Murray and their clones; but as long as you have Erik Karlsson it's hardly a weakness.

Personally I would consider trading Nieto, if only because of the emergence of Wingels. would be difficult and would rather do Irwin and Hamilton or something.

We needed Wiercioch and Gonchar to make up for the loss of Karlsson last season.
Offensive d-men is not a strength that Ottawa can trade from.

DuckEatinShark 12-10-2013 08:04 PM

Thanks for all the responses.

I was hoping a package of Irwin + picks/prospects would get it done but I had no idea Ottawa was lacking top-4 puckmovers behind Karlsson.

Ideally Wiercioch would fit nicely in our scheme, but it seems Ottawa really needs him. Oh well.

WhiteLight* 12-10-2013 09:17 PM

dub-yah is not for sale. He'd only be moved in a package for a better player - Thornton, Marleau, Burns, Hertl, Pavelski, Couture, Vlasic or possibly Braun.

Nolan11 12-13-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 75918329)
A top 4 puck moving dman.

Dan Boyle for weiroch + stone + 2

Benjamin 12-13-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolan11 (Post 76081813)
Dan Boyle for weiroch + stone + 2

Sens aren't selling that many futures for Boyle.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.