HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals XV: MacT Throw Us a Friggin Bone Here! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1562063)

Bryanbryoil 12-16-2013 02:32 AM

Trade Rumors and Proposals XV: MacT Throw Us a Friggin Bone Here!
 
From the last thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 76253735)
So if Girardi or MDZ are traded, any bet on how badly the Oilers will miss out on it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Funk (Post 76253775)
They'll deny a trade for Ryan jones straight up because they like his character too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Positive (Post 76254023)
do we have the right pieces that they want though?

Most our pieces are either too good or not good enough.

Maybe not Hemsky though. I could see a deal for MDZ that is basically Hemsky+ (maybe a conditional pick and Larsen)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuhryous (Post 76255389)
With all the rumbling of shipping Dubnyk out, maybe there could be a deal with the Rangers to send him there and give Talbot some more time to develop in the AHL. Dubnyk would backup Lundqvist for the rest of the season and the Rangers could wash their hands of him if need be whenever their season ends. The Rangers' AHL affiliate are also dead last in their division and are giving up over 3 goals a game on average. Also, if Lundqvist goes down long term they don't have anyone with much experience to fill in. The Oilers then deal for Peters (as rumored) and have him and Broissoit in OKC with Bryzgalov & Bachman with the Oilers. Just a thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 76255723)
You would be correct. Thank you for your sanity. Buffalo doesn't even trade Myers alone for Petry and 1st. Myers is a key cog of our rebuild and it makes no sense to move him at all.


oilerfan17 12-16-2013 02:43 AM

I think depth moves and signings are going to be even more important to this franchise than the bold move that everyone is on the lookout for. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a #1D or a replacement #2C for Gagner, but grabbing, say, Winnik, Moss, and Fiddler on the free agent market is going to be equally as important for the franchise as making one of those big moves is. Imagine if we had a bottom-six that could actually check top opposition and free up Nuge's line for softer minutes. That would be huge. Imagine if Gagner didn't have to PK. Or just add 2-3 Gordons to the current roster and imagine how much less chaotic it looks.

Trade Gagner + Klefbom + EDM 1st 2014 for Brian Campbell if you can, but until then, we need to make those "sign Dominic Moore for $1M" type moves a few times over.

Lindo 12-16-2013 02:52 AM

re: Peters going to OKC to play with Brossoit

Peters has to clear waivers which is why Carolina hasn't sent him down. They know NYI would probably claim him so they'll try and move him out of the division.

Bryanbryoil 12-16-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremiahjones (Post 76256705)
re: Peters going to OKC to play with Brossoit

Peters has to clear waivers which is why Carolina hasn't sent him down. They know NYI would probably claim him so they'll try and move him out of the division.

If we trade for Peters it would be for the big club. They'd then keep Bachman in OKC and something would have to be done with Dubnyk, probably sent down which means that Brossoit might go down to Bakersfield.

TheJuxtaposer 12-16-2013 02:59 AM

Columbus will be moving neither of Johansen nor Dubinsky. Johansen has been ridiculously good in both ends and Dubinsky as well. Johansen is valued like you guys value Nugent-Hopkins. Pick another target.

peen 12-16-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan17 (Post 76256517)
I think depth moves and signings are going to be even more important to this franchise than the bold move that everyone is on the lookout for. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a #1D or a replacement #2C for Gagner, but grabbing, say, Winnik, Moss, and Fiddler on the free agent market is going to be equally as important for the franchise as making one of those big moves is. Imagine if we had a bottom-six that could actually check top opposition and free up Nuge's line for softer minutes. That would be huge. Imagine if Gagner didn't have to PK. Or just add 2-3 Gordons to the current roster and imagine how much less chaotic it looks.

Trade Gagner + Klefbom + EDM 1st 2014 for Brian Campbell if you can, but until then, we need to make those "sign Dominic Moore for $1M" type moves a few times over.

Canucks fan stepping in -

God that's horrible value for the Oilers. Gagner is a meh 2c, but would look great on a contending team as a 3c. Klefbom is going to be a second pairing defenseman from my view point, and that EDM first could still very well be a top five pick again. (I expected this year you guys would move into the 9-14 range - just missing playoffs, but it seems as if the defense needs a litt-lots of development.

There's four types of trades the Oilers should look at:

Picks for an all around third liner - (jannik hansen type guy)
The coveted 2013/2014 oiler first(s) + for insert top two defenseman
Top six forward for two third liners or second pairing guy.
GET SCRIVENS!

Sadly, the high pick for stud defenseman trade probably won't happen. If none of the above trades come available, I think the best thing for the Oilers to do is ride out the season. Reassess the team after the season - where your prospects are, where your high picks are, etc.

Need a system coach - fast. I get the feeling that Eakins is mostly trying to teach them how hard they should play each shift and that's great, and they do, but it's like turnover after turnover and everything seems so jumbled.

also get a new front office

pieces are there, just need to add some more and take all the Edler out of their game.

belair 12-16-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan17 (Post 76256517)
Trade Gagner + Klefbom + EDM 1st 2014 for Brian Campbell if you can, but until then, we need to make those "sign Dominic Moore for $1M" type moves a few times over.

Stay away from trade forums. :laugh:

Great One 12-16-2013 05:52 AM

We need that stud defenceman and at this point, even though I never thought I'd say this, I'd almost be willing to deal Yakupov or Eberle to get what we need. Obviously it would depend on who would be coming back in return and I'd much rather deal our 1st this year in a package deal but IMO our defense is what's holding this team back from taking the next step.

Also I think it didn't help when MacT traded away one of our only 2 defenceman in Smid who could actually play defence. The other being Ference. That Smid deal still gets me ticked off whenever I watch this team.

jumptheshark 12-16-2013 06:58 AM

roster freeze in a few days

Jimmi Jenkins 12-16-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozwell (Post 76259067)
roster freeze in a few days

I wonder if something gets done before that happens?

Up the Irons 12-16-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozwell (Post 76259067)
roster freeze in a few days

they will do nothing. they are completely paralysed and haven't a clue what to do. they are the proverbial 'deer in the headlights'.

Jimmi Jenkins 12-16-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up the Irons (Post 76261393)
they will do nothing. they are completely paralysed and haven't a clue what to do. they are the proverbial 'deer in the headlights'.

Makes sense, that's why there's still only Dubnyk and Labarbra on the roster and Bryzgalov is playing in Las Vegas. Just makes sense.

bucks_oil 12-16-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up the Irons (Post 76261393)
they will do nothing. they are completely paralysed and haven't a clue what to do. they are the proverbial 'deer in the headlights'.

Moreover... the benefit (having the new guy(s) for 1-2 games) probably doesn't offset the cost (having a guy have to deal with moving/family, etc a week before xmas).

If they are doing anything, it gets less and likely that it happens before the roster freeze lifts.

joestevens29 12-16-2013 09:29 AM

Throw us a bone? He threw us a big one with convincing a team Labarbera was a decent goalie to pick up.

Now if only he could convince teams that a Arcobello or Gagner is worth a top pairing d-man.

joestevens29 12-16-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozwell (Post 76259067)
roster freeze in a few days

Poor Feaster just about made it:sarcasm:

joestevens29 12-16-2013 09:39 AM

Just curious, where did the Peters talk come from? Doesn't make much sense to me.

jumptheshark 12-16-2013 09:42 AM

lots of talk leading up to the freeze-- but I do not see anything big happening.

But--as was my prediction when he returned. If Omark is not on the oiler roster by Feb 1st if not sooner--he will try to return to Europe.

Jimmi Jenkins 12-16-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 76262105)
Just curious, where did the Peters talk come from? Doesn't make much sense to me.

What do you mean? The Canes are impressed with is play and don't think (in the current goalie market) that he will clear waivers. If I'm the Oilers and he ends up there I toss a claim his way, you can go with Bryz and Peters, then flip Dubnyk to the Isles for Futures or something insignificant.

Also, does anyone kinda think that the Oilers' "Future Considerations" will be the 'Rights to Labarbra back after the playoffs? That would be hilarious.

As for Roster improvements, I would still be hounding the Panthers. Try to get Kulikov and Matthias, and maybe offer to take a Salary dump to make it happen. Remember, even if its a bad one (salary dump), the Oilers still have a complience buyout.

joestevens29 12-16-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 76262289)
What do you mean? The Canes are impressed with is play and don't think (in the current goalie market) that he will clear waivers. If I'm the Oilers and he ends up there I toss a claim his way, you can go with Bryz and Peters, then flip Dubnyk to the Isles for Futures or something insignificant.

.

I doubt Wang takes Dubnyk's salary. Fans already talked about how he has his fingers involved with guys getting sent down or waived.

That and Nabokov is back now. I don't think the Isles will be looking for a goalie anymore. Not one like Dubnyk anyway.

Jimmi Jenkins 12-16-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 76262505)
I doubt Wang takes Dubnyk's salary. Fans already talked about how he has his fingers involved with guys getting sent down or waived.

That and Nabokov is back now. I don't think the Isles will be looking for a goalie anymore. Not one like Dubnyk anyway.

In any event, I suspect if the "price" was right, Mac-T could find a taker for Dubnyk.

ToeDrag83 12-16-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 76262105)
Just curious, where did the Peters talk come from? Doesn't make much sense to me.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...na-hurricanes/

jumptheshark 12-16-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Nightmare (Post 76250937)
Might as well trade it because I'm not convinced the next first rounder is going to sign here.

............and go back into the draft in two years?

I agree-- we have lots of top picks and guys with high end talent

Nuge-Hall-Eberle-Yakupov-Schultz

they need to trade the pick to shore up the HUGE holes they have in their line up elsewhere

here is todays bat **** crazy trade that more then likely only makes sense to me--At the draft

Oilers get from the flyers
Luke and Brayden Schenn
Braydon Coburn
Scott Hartnell
2nd round pick

Oilers give up
2014 number 1 pick
Sam Gagner
Oscar Klefbom
Philip Larson

bestmyfeeling 12-16-2013 10:21 AM

if we don't move dubnyk i really hope we don't get peters...we need to have playing time available for Brossoit in the AHL. Otherwise you will see his career ruined like dubbie when he bounces around the bush leagues

just my 0.02

ManofSteel55 12-16-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestmyfeeling (Post 76263517)
if we don't move dubnyk i really hope we don't get peters...we need to have playing time available for Brossoit in the AHL. Otherwise you will see his career ruined like dubbie when he bounces around the bush leagues

just my 0.02

Brossoit isn't such a superstar that playing the year in the ECHL would "ruin" him. Dubnyk wasn't ruined by that either. Unless you think that playing in the ECHL robbed him of the ability to use his glove hand or track a puck that is going towards his feet.

joestevens29 12-16-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToeDrag83 (Post 76263041)

So Garrioch throwing out his usual BS.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.