HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GDT: Capitals @ Flyers - 12/17/13 7:30 PM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1562637)

SimplySensational 12-17-2013 12:11 AM

Capitals @ Flyers - 12/17/13 7:30 PM
 
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...61973423_n.jpg
Best buddies)))))))))))



:caps
18-12-3
Left wing Center Right wing
Johansson Backstrom Ovechkin
Fehr Erat Brouwer
Chimera Beagle Ward
Volpatti Wellman Wilsona

LD RD
Orlov Green
Alzner Carlson
Erskine Oleksy

Starting Backup
Holtby Grubbauer

:flyers
14-15-4
Left wing Center Right wing
Michael Raffl Claude Giroux Jakub Voracek
Scott Hartnell Brayden Schenn Wayne Simmonds
Matt Read Sean Couturier Steve Downie
Chris VandeVelde Adam Hall Zac Rinaldo

LD RD
Kimmo Timonen Braydon Coburn
Nick Grossmann Mark Streit
Erik Gustafsson Luke Schenn

Starting Backup
Mason Emery

Ridley Simon 12-17-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 76313571)
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...61973423_n.jpg
Best buddies)))))))))))



:caps
18-12-3
Left wing Center Right wing
Johansson Backstrom Ovechkin
Fehr Grabovski Brouwer
Chimera Erat Ward
Volpatti Beagle Wilsona

LD RD
Schmidt Green
Alzner Carlson
Orlov Oleksy

Starting Backup
Holtby Grubbauer

:flyers
14-15-4
Left wing Center Right wing
Michael Raffl Claude Giroux Jakub Voracek
Scott Hartnell Brayden Schenn Wayne Simmonds
Matt Read Sean Couturier Steve Downie
Chris VandeVelde Adam Hall Zac Rinaldo

LD RD
Kimmo Timonen Braydon Coburn
Nick Grossmann Mark Streit
Erik Gustafsson Luke Schenn

Starting Backup
Mason Emery

Fixed. Again.

OVrocks 12-17-2013 05:50 AM

Please tell me that Erskine is not in the lineup, he's the worst dman in the NHL. Handles puck like a live grenade? Check. Can't skate? Check. Can't make an outlet pass to save his life? Check. Makes Jeff Schultz look all world? Check.

SlappaDaBass 12-17-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVrocks (Post 76318259)
Please tell me that Erskine is not in the lineup, he's the worst dman in the NHL. Handles puck like a live grenade? Check. Can't skate? Check. Can't make an outlet pass to save his life? Check. Makes Jeff Schultz look all world? Check.

Erskine, Brouwer, and Laich must all know the secret to get on the good side of Oates. Whether or not that involves some extra curricular activities behind closed doors is still to be determined.

Fallschirmyager 12-17-2013 08:26 AM

Don't stink up the joint

OVrocks 12-17-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlappaDaBass (Post 76320585)
Erskine, Brouwer, and Laich must all know the secret to get on the good side of Oates. Whether or not that involves some extra curricular activities behind closed doors is still to be determined.

Rumor is they have some damaging material involving Oates and a ferret.

SkinsFan09 12-17-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVrocks (Post 76318259)
Please tell me that Erskine is not in the lineup, he's the worst dman in the NHL. Handles puck like a live grenade? Check. Can't skate? Check. Can't make an outlet pass to save his life? Check. Makes Jeff Schultz look all world? Check.

He's pretty bad, yeah.

Is he really an upgrade over anyone else at this point besides the size he brings?

He must've bought Oates a nice Christmas sweater.

Fallschirmyager 12-17-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVrocks (Post 76321541)
Rumor is they have some damaging material involving Oates and a ferret.

I bet it's nothing compared to what GMGM must have on Leonsis.

swimmer77 12-17-2013 09:27 AM

How many goals will the Caps spot the opposition tonight before they wake up and play?

marcel snapshot 12-17-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmer77 (Post 76322425)
How many goals will the Caps spot the opposition tonight before they wake up and play?

After their meltdown Sunday, you better believe Philly is going to come out very strong.

IafrateOvie34 12-17-2013 09:36 AM

Orlov on the third pair? :shakehead

OVrocks 12-17-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 (Post 76322189)
He's pretty bad, yeah.

Is he really an upgrade over anyone else at this point besides the size he brings?

He must've bought Oates a nice Christmas sweater.

Size doesn't matter when you skate like a pylon. I really don't get Oates' fascination with Erskine since he wants his dmen to pinch and hold the point, which Erskine can't do.

Vladiator16 12-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVrocks (Post 76322903)
Size doesn't matter when you skate like a pylon. I really don't get Oates' fascination with Erskine since he wants his dmen to pinch and hold the point, which Erskine can't do.

Once again - its Philly, there will be blood, Erskine will earn his keep.

Roughing 12-17-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 76313571)
Left wing Center Right wing
Johansson Backstrom Ovechkin
Fehr Grabovski Brouwer
Chimera Erat Ward
Volpatti Beagle Wilsona

You know, it'd be great if we just switched MoJo and Erat... not to interrupt Adam's dart throwing.

OVrocks 12-17-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughing (Post 76323061)
You know, it'd be great if we just switched MoJo and Erat... not to interrupt Adam's dart throwing.

Well if he's just there to fight then we might as well sign Chuck Lidell to a 1 day contract and have him and Emery go at it. He'll play defense just as well as Erskine and can definitely kick ass.

troyerlaw 12-17-2013 10:33 AM

No Grabo tonite. Casey Wellman recalled.

Johnny Hoxville 12-17-2013 10:39 AM

Who's starting in net tonight?

Vladiator16 12-17-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troyerlaw (Post 76324625)
No Grabo tonite. Casey Wellman recalled.

Yeah that sucks...



Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 2h
Mikhail Grabovski did not join the #Caps in Philly this morning, hes definitely out tonight.

troyerlaw 12-17-2013 11:06 AM

it's amazing how quickly we go from having too many forwards and dealing away perreault to ... suddenly recalling Casey Wellman. here's hoping the California kid can pot one for us.

Langway 12-17-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troyerlaw (Post 76324625)
No Grabo tonite. Casey Wellman recalled.

Schmidt is in Hershey as well.

Holtby starts. Awkward carrying three goalies but...it's the Caps.

notDkristich 12-17-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OVrocks (Post 76322903)
Size doesn't matter when you skate like a pylon. I really don't get Oates' fascination with Erskine since he wants his dmen to pinch and hold the point, which Erskine can't do.


pinch and hold? i've only seen sag and give up both blue lines...

Capitlols 12-17-2013 11:59 AM

It kind of blows my mind that this team has 39 points.

troyerlaw 12-17-2013 12:14 PM

who should we use in the shootout tonite?

i vote for giving AO a rest, and going 16, 19, 20.

notDkristich 12-17-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troyerlaw (Post 76328923)
who should we use in the shootout tonite?

i vote for giving AO a rest, and going 16, 19, 20.

tonight? 16,19,16,19,16...

troyerlaw 12-17-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notDkristich (Post 76329199)
tonight? 16,19,16,19,16...

sounds good. i'll fill out the slip.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.