HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Trade proposal with Nash......... It just might work! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15628)

oilers9911 09-30-2003 09:16 AM

Trade proposal with Nash......... It just might work!

Legwand and Suter for Comrie and Rita. Nashville is looking for additional help on the left side.

Hemsky4PM 09-30-2003 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers9911
Legwand and Suter for Comrie and Rita. Nashville is looking for additional help on the left side.

I don't think the Preds would deal Suter. He's a great d prospect, and they just drafted him this year. High draft choices are never traded that quickly. I could see Rita going there however, for what, who knows.

Mizral 09-30-2003 09:41 AM

Heh.. hah.. hehaha.. hehaehaeha... BWHAHAHA!

Er.. sorry.

Legwand alone should garner more than those two. Suter alone I don't think is too far off Comrie's value.

Yikes.

Slats432 09-30-2003 09:42 AM

If that were the deal I would take it in a heartbeat.

dawgbone 09-30-2003 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral

Er.. sorry.

Legwand alone should garner more than those two. Suter alone I don't think is too far off Comrie's value.

Yikes.

Yes of course Mizral.

Mowzie 09-30-2003 09:56 AM

i have a gut feeling that mike comrie is gonna get signed to a 1-yr deal, then traded around Christmas, during our annual holiday slump.

Slats432 09-30-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Hee heee haa haa hooo hooo....er right.

Miz = http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/drunk.gif

M00se 09-30-2003 10:22 AM

All bow to the all knowing Mizrail. :bow: For he alone holds the answers to all players worth in the NHL.

Canada Girl 09-30-2003 10:38 AM

From the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a proposal to get Rick Nash for MIke Comrie or something, and got a bit excited...
:blush:

Oilers Ent 09-30-2003 10:50 AM

Hmm,

Not a terrible proposal I think. We might have to add more to get Suter thrown into the mix though. Maybe something like:

Comrie, Rita and Ferguson/Luoma/Lynch

for

Legwand, Suter and a 4th

oilers_guy_eddie 09-30-2003 11:11 AM

I don't see Nashville's motivation to move Legwand in any Comrie deal, but I agree that...
Quote:

Originally Posted by slats432

Bohologo 09-30-2003 11:23 AM

Hey Mizral

If you're going to post obnoxiously on this board, have the courage to remove your Ignore List immunity, so the rest of us can tune you out.

Otherwise you're abusing a privilege designed for more moderate types.

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect other Oilers fans can't stand a yellow streak.

[Also sent PM to aforementioned.]

USC Trojans 09-30-2003 11:35 AM

Quote:

Er.. sorry.

Yikes.

Should we add Brewer and Hemsky to even it out?
Throw in a few first round picks?

CanmoreMike 09-30-2003 11:38 AM

I don't think it is out of reach here. Don't want to say that Nashville should be entirely enticed with the idea of moving Legwand, a guy who is finally coming into his own (albeit slowly).

Legwand is a guy I have long felt belonged in Oiler silks, and if this trade gets consumated, 65 points isn't out of reach for the guy here.

Drop Suter and include Rita only if he isn't going to make this team. Comrie plus a prospect for Legwand is more than fair.

FacelessButcher 09-30-2003 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanmoreMike
I don't think it is out of reach here. Don't want to say that Nashville should be entirely enticed with the idea of moving Legwand, a guy who is finally coming into his own (albeit slowly).

Legwand is a guy I have long felt belonged in Oiler silks, and if this trade gets consumated, 65 points isn't out of reach for the guy here.

Drop Suter and include Rita only if he isn't going to make this team. Comrie plus a prospect for Legwand is more than fair.

Comrie plus a prospect sure. Comrie plus a prospect as talented as Rita Never!!

USC Trojans 09-30-2003 11:41 AM

Yeah, I'd really like to see Legwand in an Oilers jersey too...but the thing is, I think Nashville would want to hold on to him because it seems like he's starting to reach his potential. I don't know about severely overpaying, but Comrie and a prospect or 2nd/3rd seems fair to me.

Seachd 09-30-2003 11:46 AM

I don't think the Oilers could get Legwand and Suter for Comrie and Rita. I don't see it happening.

Malmo_Mike 09-30-2003 01:20 PM

I'm sorry guys but I have to agree with Miz, not going to happen. I would trade Rita and Comrie for Legwand in a second (and that also means I would have to have a Canucks avatar) Legwand is as close to Modano as you're going to get. He's got good size, is a great two way player and is one of the smoothest skaters in the league. IMO he's got the potential to put up 75-80 points a year, along with great defensive play.

Chayos 09-30-2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Er.. sorry.

Yikes.

Mizral i use to think you were an intelligent thoughtful poster, but the last couple of months this increasing anti-oiler sentiment has been if nothing else annoying. The funny thing is because you have the title moderator under your name people actually take your views seriously, which is really to bad.

Well we will see who is right, but i just wanted to point out that the oiler fans on this board know you for what you are, but i think we may have to lead a campaign to make sure other on the Whole board do as well.

Please say hi to your buddy T@T

Chayos 09-30-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers9911

To even out this deal maybe something like.

Comrie, Rita and Chimera

For

Suter, and Legwand.

I disagree with Mizral that Legwand is worth Comrie and Rita, but the above proposed deal was just to much.

elphy101 09-30-2003 01:52 PM

As much as it pains me to say. I have to agree with Mizral. Legwand has more value than Comrie. and Suter is arguably almost as valuable as Comrie, not as much but pretty close.. Rita a couple of years ago would have value equal to Suter if not higher but with each year that he fails to make the NHL, his value goes down.

I think a deal with Nashville is possible but it will have to be centered around Arkipov.

Maybe something like

Rita
Comrie

for

Arkipov
Suter

FacelessButcher 09-30-2003 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphy101
As much as it pains me to say. I have to agree with Mizral. Legwand has more value than Comrie. and Suter is arguably almost as valuable as Comrie, not as much but pretty close.. Rita a couple of years ago would have value equal to Suter if not higher but with each year that he fails to make the NHL, his value goes down.

I think a deal with Nashville is possible but it will have to be centered around Arkipov.

Maybe something like

Rita
Comrie

for

Arkipov
Suter

The discussion wasn't is Comrie better than Legwand because most people including myself will agree Legwand is better, the questoin is he better than Rita and Comrie combined. Lowe has a lot of interest in Upshall I wouldn't mind a deal with him in it.

momentai 09-30-2003 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
To even out this deal maybe something like.

Comrie, Rita and Chimera

For

Suter, and Legwand.

I'm still iffy on whether or not Nashville would bite on this deal either. It might still not be enough for Nashville.

I LOVE Suter though. I rated him above both of Coburn and Phaneuf before the draft took place.

Belcriss 09-30-2003 02:15 PM

I know you guys all like it, but I am not sold on Legwand, as one of they guys stated, he is finally starting to break out. What if he stalls again? Then we got nothing for Comrie. Its risky business trading a guy that you know is going to be good and score lots. Personally, I don't wanna move him unless the Oilers have no other choice.

Mizral 09-30-2003 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alzardnp1
Should we add Brewer and Hemsky to even it out?
Throw in a few first round picks?

As a few other posters mentioned, I think Comrie & Rita for Legwand is much closer - or Comrie and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

However, I doubt Nashville would even move Legwand out for that. He will likely make less money and isn't holding out for $3 million dollars at the moment - he makes much, much less than the $4.55 million Comrie made last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
Mizral i use to think you were an intelligent thoughtful poster, but the last couple of months this increasing anti-oiler sentiment has been if nothing else annoying. The funny thing is because you have the title moderator under your name people actually take your views seriously, which is really to bad.

Well we will see who is right, but i just wanted to point out that the oiler fans on this board know you for what you are, but i think we may have to lead a campaign to make sure other on the Whole board do as well.

Please say hi to your buddy T@T

If I wasn't a fan of the Oilers I wouldn't post here. Guess what, pal, I just picked up a 3rd Oilers jersey a few days ago (I'm questioning weather to go with Chimera or York on the back of it). I am a fan of the Oilers, and have been a fan for years. Mind you, they are not my favorite team in the league, I watch plenty of their games (no doubt not as many as you guys), and keep up to date with the team. I like quite a few Oilers players.

However, forgive me for calling a spade a spade - this was not a very good trade proposal at all.

Finally, I should add - being a moderator has very little to do with my posting. I am eternely cognizant of the rules of the messageboards. However, this does not mean I ought to go about and post things that are on-the-whole agreeable. There are other moderators who do this, and that's fine for them. However, being a sports fans is all about opinions, and I have no qualms in voicing mine. If you disagree, that's cool, we can still chat & have a great 'ol time, talk about the Oilers, Canucks, Flames - what have you - but we do not need to like or dislike somebody on the basis of what they think about a certain player or two.

Heck, look at the pages of disagreement I have with lowetide about Shawn Horcoff being a top 6 forward. We can disgaree 'till the cows come home, but we can still goof off and in general have a fine time on the messageboards. That's what these are for! Having fun, not politics and judging whom is deemable of respect.

Anyways just keep cool about things. I don't dislike people for thinking Comrie is a future Hart Trophy winner, nor do I dislike people for thinking Tommy Salo is a top 10 goaltender in the league. Both things I think are absolutely SILLY, but as I said, that doesn't mean I ought to treat the person any differently.