HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rumor: Eklund: Hartnell to St. Louis (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1563063)

Sec201 12-17-2013 04:38 PM

Eklund: Hartnell to St. Louis
 
The Blues are going to be the most interesting team to look at as the deadline approaches...I believe they will be front and center when it comes to Evander Kane, but I have yet to hear they are in on this at this point...however I have heard the Blues are looking to make a few set up moves that may position them to grab Kane. I have heard they have interest in Scott Hartnell (e2) and Damien Brunner (e2).


Now....we all know Eklund 9/10 is full of s&^%, but man....I never thought I would see the day with Hartnell authoring children's books and all.

He needs to go! He is the millstone around the neck of this team. He brings nothing to the table - far from a "power forward" and he is a disgrace of an assistant captain. Signed till 2020 on 1 year of good stats (when a true skill player was on the other wing, Jagr).

He doesn't mention what St. Louis would give in return, my guess would be a bag of practice pucks or a 7th round pick in the 2019 draft. At this point, I think we would be getting the better part of that deal.

Prongo 12-17-2013 04:42 PM

I actually think Hartnell holds more value than most around here. Our offense as a whole has been horrible, and Hartnell is still a capable 2nd liner who loves to hit and get in front of the net. He will give you 20 goals for the next two/three years probably, and by then his contract won't even matter because of the cap hitting 6 billion dollars. I am not saying he will get an amazing deal, but at the deadline I bet a team would over pay for him.

Appleyard 12-17-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 76340175)
I actually think Hartnell holds more value than most around here. Our offense as a whole has been horrible, and Hartnell is still a capable 2nd liner who loves to hit and get in front of the net. He will give you 20 goals for the next two/three years probably, and by then his contract won't even matter because of the cap hitting 6 billion dollars. I am not saying he will get an amazing deal, but at the deadline I bet a team would over pay for him.

Yeh, competing teams go bat**** crazy at the deadline at times... best to wait and ask for more that players are worth when they are 'desperate.' 4-5 30 something D get 2nd round picks, as do 3/4th liners.

I am also fed up of the Hartnell '1 good year'... he was one of the most consistent wingers in the league for 11 seasons... only 1 sub 40 in that time... and averaged 49 points a year in those 11. He averaged 47 a year from 01-02 to 10-11 if you take out 11-12! Ofc, he does not seem to be that player anymore... but someone would take a bet on him getting back for a year or two, it has happened before with guys who have had down years.

There are around 70 wingers a year in the NHL who get 45+ points and ~90 who pace for it. His figures show he was a 2lw at worst for 10 years... you get 50 points a year from the wing and you are almost guaranteed to be top 50 in the league at your position. He averaged 49 for 11 seasons and 47 for 10 if 11-12 does not count.

11-12: 56 50 point wingers
10-11: 50 50 point wingers
09-10: 50 50 point wingers
08-09: 56 50 point wingers

CS 12-17-2013 04:47 PM

Hartnell does a lot for the community. He's a great guy. He is rightfully adored by most Philadelphia fans.

However, as much as Philadelphia fans adore Hartnell, they also loved Briere.

At some point though, you need to approach this with some forethought. In a purely business-related move, you HAVE to be thinking about moving Hartnell at this point.

You keep Downie on the 3rd line. You promote Schenn or Simmonds, and you use Raffl, McGinn, or Laughton to plug that hole.

Then you take Hartnell's money and go after defense, whether it's a stopgap like hammering out another 1-year with Timonen or it's a younger guy (probably going to be Phanuef ---ugh).

Either way. Time to seriously think about moving Hartnell.

Montreal for Beaulieu?

kjbhockey 12-17-2013 04:48 PM

I think we need to do what the Sharks did last year. The unloaded guys that no longer fit their uptempo system. They got rid of Clowe and Murray and got quicker a lot quicker on the attack. Maybe that was easy for them bc they had guys waiting in the wings. We need to unload Grossman, Hartnell, Kimmo and move forward. At the deadline those guys will fetch decent returns.

Stizzle 12-17-2013 04:52 PM

Please, god, for once let Eklund be right. I want to jab my eyes out every shift Hartnell takes. No more cross-ice passes that have a 1% chance of working and constantly lead to the puck heading in the other direction. Please.

flyersfan018 12-17-2013 04:53 PM

Why would St. Louis have any interest in Hartnell? Just Eklund talking out of his ass again.

TheKingPin 12-17-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stizzle (Post 76340577)
Please, god, for once let Eklund be right. I want to jab my eyes out every shift Hartnell takes. No more cross-ice passes that have a 1% chance of working and constantly lead to the puck heading in the other direction. Please.

Its sad but true. it seems like EVERY time he has possession its a screw up.

Id love to get rid of him so anything at air above future considerations is good with me. That said I could see someone trading a likely late first for him at the deadline.

Garbage Goal 12-17-2013 05:11 PM

It's Eklund and an e2 at that (whatever that means in Eklund language). I'll just leave that at that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appleyard (Post 76340275)
Yeh, competing teams go bat**** crazy at the deadline at times... best to wait and ask for more that players are worth when they are 'desperate.' 4-5 30 something D get 2nd round picks, as do 3/4th liners.

I am also fed up of the Hartnell '1 good year'... he was one of the most consistent wingers in the league for 11 seasons... only 1 sub 40 in that time... and averaged 49 points a year in those 11. He averaged 47 a year from 01-02 to 10-11 if you take out 11-12! Ofc, he does not seem to be that player anymore... but someone would take a bet on him getting back for a year or two, it has happened before with guys who have had down years.

There are around 70 wingers a year in the NHL who get 45+ points and ~90 who pace for it. His figures show he was a 2lw at worst for 10 years... you get 50 points a year from the wing and you are almost guaranteed to be top 50 in the league at your position. He averaged 49 for 11 seasons and 47 for 10 if 11-12 does not count.

11-12: 56 50 point wingers
10-11: 50 50 point wingers
09-10: 50 50 point wingers
08-09: 56 50 point wingers

He was a productive winger offensively for a long while, but the thing about Hartnell is that even during those times he was a very limited player in what he could do. Never a great skater, always falling on his ass (to the point where they even made a charity effort out of it), a league leader in minor penalties a lot of seasons (which is bad), never could play a PK, never had an overly impressive offensive season aside from maybe one, and overall his game was just limited to banging in goals around the opposing net. Of course he could do more then that at times and that wasn't literally the only thing he could do, but that's what his use was limited to most of the time. Rebounds, finishing quality rushes, deflections, screening.

When he isn't doing that as much as we would like him to it ends up looking like it does now or any other time when his game has fallen off a cliff (which has happened before).

1865 12-17-2013 05:19 PM

I give him away for 1 puck, not even a whole damn bag.

RJ8812* 12-17-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan018 (Post 76340619)
Why would St. Louis have any interest in Hartnell? Just Eklund talking out of his ass again.

because they want to win the cup

YoussefianK 12-17-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS (Post 76340369)
Hartnell does a lot for the community. He's a great guy. He is rightfully adored by most Philadelphia fans.

However, as much as Philadelphia fans adore Hartnell, they also loved Briere.

At some point though, you need to approach this with some forethought. In a purely business-related move, you HAVE to be thinking about moving Hartnell at this point.

You keep Downie on the 3rd line. You promote Schenn or Simmonds, and you use Raffl, McGinn, or Laughton to plug that hole.

Then you take Hartnell's money and go after defense, whether it's a stopgap like hammering out another 1-year with Timonen or it's a younger guy (probably going to be Phanuef ---ugh).

Either way. Time to seriously think about moving Hartnell.

Montreal for Beaulieu?

As a Habs fan, I don't want it to become a Gomez 2.0 situation.
Honestly, for the Habs to consider taking on Hartnell, you need to add a pick/prospect or take up Desharnais' contract.

Honestly, I do not know how Montreal would trade for Hartnell.

CS 12-17-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoussefianK (Post 76342307)
As a Habs fan, I don't want it to become a Gomez 2.0 situation.
Honestly, for the Habs to consider taking on Hartnell, you need to add a pick/prospect or take up Desharnais' contract.

Honestly, I do not know how Montreal would trade for Hartnell.

:dunno:

Was just throwing MTL out there because the fanbase has, in the past, often thrown out interest in acquiring Hartnell...even if those offers were generally low-ball, bordering on absurdist, offers thrown out by Flyers fans immediately.

I think it also might have something to do with team construction and the lack of a true powerforward in prior years. That doesn't mean MTL still has that hole to fill, but it makes for an interesting case going forward.

I used to know a lot more about MTL team make up, but I'm since out of the loop.

Really though, Hartnell is useless here. He could definitely be useful elsewhere, but this is no longer the right team for him.

Flyerfan4life 12-17-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stizzle (Post 76340577)
Please, god, for once let Eklund be right. I want to jab my eyes out every shift Hartnell takes. No more cross-ice passes that have a 1% chance of working and constantly lead to the puck heading in the other direction. Please.

^^^this^^^^


i dont care were he goes as long as its off the Flyers...

King Forsberg 12-17-2013 05:57 PM

Clearly Hartnell is being packaged with Mez for Pietrangelo.

SuchySays 12-17-2013 06:01 PM

jesus. so much hate in the OP. wow

FlyersFan61290 12-17-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Forsberg (Post 76343609)
Clearly Hartnell is being packaged with Mez for Pietrangelo.

Make it happen Homer :laugh:

RoDu 12-17-2013 06:05 PM

we would probably have to take a Matt Walker back

Prongo 12-17-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Forsberg (Post 76343609)
Clearly Hartnell is being packaged with Mez for Pietrangelo.

Why would you even joke about that!!!

RJ8812* 12-17-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDu (Post 76343941)
we would probably have to take a Matt Walker back

if it means Hartnell is gone? DONE

Flyotes 12-17-2013 06:47 PM

The objection to this, not that I'm making it, is that the Flyers lack depth at wing.

chinatown81592 12-17-2013 07:00 PM

Hartnell to St.Louis for St. Louis style BBQ

FreshPerspective 12-17-2013 07:04 PM

Wait Hartnell might start scoring from that one spot on the ice...can't trade the Flyers ambassador and community leader...

Krishna 12-17-2013 07:21 PM

Hartnell off the team? ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

FlyingPhilly 12-17-2013 07:24 PM

If there was ever an Eklund rumor I want to be correct, it would be this one. However, no dumb add-ons or stupid contracts should come back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.