HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Michel Bergeron leaves RDS, Joins TVA Sports (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1563817)

Phil Parent 12-18-2013 06:27 PM

Michel Bergeron leaves RDS, Joins TVA Sports
 
Rumors swirling around that Bergeron has left RDS and will join TVA Sports.

The sources online are not really reliable HOWEVER this makes a lot of sense. Everybody that knows Bergeron knows he and René Angelil are tight, and also know that René Angelil and PKP are tight. With the Habs moving to TVA Sports, Bergeron has no reason to stay on RDS.

I never buy online stuff, but I'd bet my nuts on this being true.

Apparently, last night was the last of Bergeron on L'Antichambre. So, we'll see later tonight.

Confirmed by Renaud Lavoie: https://twitter.com/LavoieRenaud

Also, some other guy who was I was believe the producer of L'Antichambre jumped ship.

Nicko999 12-18-2013 06:29 PM

Who cares? I'm not going to watch TVA Sports anyway.

Team_Spirit 12-18-2013 06:34 PM

Meh, he was hating on Pacioretty last night for some reason.

Then he went on about Babcock saying team Canada is in trouble.

deandebean 12-18-2013 06:36 PM

Good for RDS. Hehee. Now, what can they offer Gaston?

Price My Man Crush 12-18-2013 06:36 PM

TVA Sports stole the biggest insider from RDS (Lavoie)...who cares really of Bergeron at this point? How old is he anyway?

deandebean 12-18-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 76412091)
Rumors swirling around that Bergeron has left RDS and will join TVA Sports.

The sources online are not really reliable HOWEVER this makes a lot of sense. Everybody that knows Bergeron knows he and René Angelil are tight, and also know that René Angelil and PKP are tight. With the Habs moving to TVA Sports, Bergeron has no reason to stay on RDS.

I never buy online stuff, but I'd bet my nuts on this being true.

Apparently, last night was the last of Bergeron on L'Antichambre. So, we'll see later tonight.

The Habs are not moving the TVA. Unless you know who got the remainder of the 60 games...

Phil Parent 12-18-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 76412471)
The Habs are not moving the TVA. Unless you know who got the remainder of the 60 games...

No I don't know who gets that, but they get the premium / national Habs games, plus the rest of the NHL, plus the playoffs, plus all the special events...

Maybe saying that the NHL (minus those 60 games, and maybe they will get those too) has moved to TVA Sports would be more appropriate?

Anyways, Bergeron is really well known amongst the fans who watch the hockey talk shows so he's a coup for sure.

deandebean 12-18-2013 06:42 PM

Michel Bergeron rode the coattail of the rivalry. And that's about it. He's never been a good coach, certainly not a good hockey mind. He just knew how to manage the emotions of his players. He knew which buttons to push.

Behind the bench, you could say that he was the equivalent of Don Cherry. He had the chance to manage terrific hockey machines, but failed at winning anything of value. Just like Don. He relied on emotions. 100% of the time.

HomaridII 12-18-2013 06:42 PM

Not a rumour anymore. Lavoie just welcomed him to TVA>

deandebean 12-18-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 76412599)
No I don't know who gets that, but they get the premium / national Habs games, plus the rest of the NHL, plus the playoffs, plus all the special events...

Maybe saying that the NHL (minus those 60 games, and maybe they will get those too) has moved to TVA Sports would be more appropriate?

Anyways, Bergeron is really well known amongst the fans who watch the hockey talk shows so he's a coup for sure.

I wonder bout his clout. For the Merdiques fans maybe, but I'm not convinced that Habs Fan likes him that much. Personally, I think he has too much coverage. The guy, in my books, was a fraud who got exposed big time for what he really was during his second stint in Quebec.

Phil Parent 12-18-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 76412943)
I wonder bout his clout. For the Merdiques fans maybe, but I'm not convinced that Habs Fan likes him that much. Personally, I think he has too much coverage. The guy, in my books, was a fraud who got exposed big time for what he really was during his second stint in Quebec.

Without liking him... he's folklore, he's a got a name. And that's the reason why he was the first one TVA signed from RDS after Renaud Lavoie, who was signed for another reason completely.

I'm thinking that whenever his no-compete clause expires, he will resume being a talking head in a studio show. I don't think with his age and his health that he's going on the road to be a TV analyst anytime soon.

I would expect TVA to go after Mario Tremblay, for similar reasons they went for Bergeron.

shamrun 12-18-2013 06:52 PM




Well i think he can be funny at times. I need to figure how to watch habs games next season. I dont think my provider has TVA sport.

Gary320 12-18-2013 06:52 PM

He's entertaining. That's all.
He's way too old school and he's probably the biggest flip flopper there is in the media.

Chris Cutter 12-18-2013 07:06 PM

What a heel turn.

poetryinmotion 12-18-2013 07:09 PM

So we won't see him on l'Antichambre anymore? That show truly sucks now, I just watched it sometimes for the lulz when he was on, such a clown.

overlords 12-18-2013 07:11 PM

Another reason to not watch TVA, then? I could get any old mononcle drunk and get better insight.

Phil Parent 12-18-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 76414169)
Another reason to not watch TVA, then? I could get any old mononcle drunk and get better insight.

RDS still has their drunk old mononcle though, G. Therrien. My girlfriend works for the Union Des Artistes and the guy has a reputation for being wasted on set. Some nights it's fairly obvious.

overlords 12-18-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 76414211)
RDS still has their drunk old mononcle though, G. Therrien. My girlfriend works for the Union Des Artistes and the guy has a reputation for being wasted on the set.

So we're surrounded by mononcles. Challenge accepted.

Phil Parent 12-18-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 76414273)
So we're surrounded by mononcles. Challenge accepted.

They're everywhere. Look at Gerard Gallant! You tell me that guy doesn't look like a drunk old mononcle. I can just see him go to the convenience store to cash in his box of empty beer bottles so he can get a new 24 of Molson.

GordonGraham 12-18-2013 07:19 PM

One by One the rats are leaving the ship

Who's next

Saintpatrick* 12-18-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 76412139)
Who cares? I'm not going to watch TVA Sports anyway.

^This :laugh:

MaxChart 12-18-2013 07:34 PM

So they went and sign the worst analyst of a bunch of bad analysts?

Nice job TVA.

QuebecPride 12-18-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour (Post 76412419)
TVA Sports stole the biggest insider from RDS (Lavoie)...who cares really of Bergeron at this point? How old is he anyway?

Bergeron is pretty entertaining.

WillHabs12 12-18-2013 07:42 PM

First reaction from RDS

https://twitter.com/BenoitBrunetRDS/...80758087385088

:sarcasm:

Price My Man Crush 12-18-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willhockey (Post 76416025)

You're clearly the guy behind this Twitter account. :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.