HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   who do you think made out best in draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=156528)

chiefshockey23 07-30-2005 11:46 PM

who do you think made out best in draft

i think that colorado did very well in the draft. how about the rest of you

dedalus 07-31-2005 12:14 AM

Pittsburgh got Crosby. They win.

Draft Guru 07-31-2005 12:42 AM

^^^

Bingo.

DarthSather99 07-31-2005 07:19 AM

Pittsburgh got the best player. Colorado had a great overall draft. LA got the steal of the draft, Kopitar @ #11. We got a couple of good players in Staal and Sauer.

dumpsathernow* 07-31-2005 07:49 AM

Pitt had a pretty lousy draft other then Crosby which took no brains to pick so to say they had the best draft is ridiculous.

Colorado did pretty well. I thought Montreal had a great draft. Everybody hated their goalie pick. I think it made sense. Theodore is 29 and he probably will want huge money. Montreal is also a team with tons of young prospects. I think they needed a younger goalie to grow around. I liked their later picks as well. Plus, if you look at their drafting the past few years there are few teams better.

Levitate 07-31-2005 08:01 AM

colorado did well for moving out of the 1st round altogether, etc etc. the thing is i think this draft was REALLY considered a crapshoot past the mid to late first round. look at the flyers...whether smart or not, they seemed to basically say "screw this draft" and loaded up on some picks for next years draft. colorado definatly seemed to go the route of getting more picks in the draft in hopes of landing a steal with them than keeping their picks and hoping to get a good player earlier on. colorado's draft looked pretty good but all their guys have some questions and all too

dumpsathernow* 07-31-2005 08:04 AM

Clark was obviously drooling over Carters and Richards. They one guy I wanted over Jessiman was Carter. Damn I was ticked when the Flyers took him.

Garden_Variety 07-31-2005 08:08 AM

I wonder if when Brian Burke was interviewed about whether there were any legitimate offers for the 2 pick. He said there was one. Probably from the Flyers.

I bet Clarke was steaming when Anaheim took Ryan. I'm kind of happy that Clarke didn't get what he wanted but then again I'm not happy that Burke got what he wanted.

in the hall 07-31-2005 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garden_Variety
I wonder if when Brian Burke was interviewed about whether there were any legitimate offers for the 2 pick. He said there was one. Probably from the Flyers.

I bet Clarke was steaming when Anaheim took Ryan. I'm kind of happy that Clarke didn't get what he wanted but then again I'm not happy that Burke got what he wanted.

well burke didn't considering he wanted to trade out of that spot for immediate help

DarthSather99 07-31-2005 11:16 AM

Quote:

I know Colorado made an offer of Tanguay and Hejduk for the #2 overall and Chistov. I think that was the best offer made to Anaheim. St. Louis made an offer of Pronger for the #2 overall. Vancouver made an offer of Ohlund for the #2 overall.

Pronger was also rumored to be going to Florida for a package of prospects and draft picks. Atlanta is also interested in Pronger. I think it's a safe bet that Pronger will be traded somewhere before the season starts.

Philadelphia supposedly didn't make a strong push to move up in the draft.

bcrt2000 07-31-2005 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Pittsburgh got the best player. Colorado had a great overall draft. LA got the steal of the draft, Kopitar @ #11. We got a couple of good players in Staal and Sauer.

LA also got Roussin I believe, although theres dispute as to whether hes good or Crosby inflated his numbers

in the hall 07-31-2005 11:21 AM

btw the question was not who had the best draft, it was who made out best and of course that is Pitt

Synergy27 07-31-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

LA got the steal of the draft, Kopitar @ #11.

And Tukonen last year... are they just lucky or are we all missing something?

John Flyers Fan 07-31-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Flyers never made any real offer. Burke asked for Gagne and the convesation was over in a hurry.

I'm quite happy with our draft. Didn't make a huge splash this year, but lined ourselves up to make a major move next year, by aquiring 3 extra 2nd round picks (Florida, Phoenix and Tampa).

dedalus 07-31-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyrangerfan
Pitt had a pretty lousy draft other then Crosby which took no brains to pick so to say they had the best draft is ridiculous.

You're bitter; time to let it go.

Pittsburgh got Crosby. They win. Simple as that.

Shadowrunner 07-31-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

I know Colorado made an offer of Tanguay and Hejduk for the #2 overall and Chistov. I think that was the best offer made to Anaheim. St. Louis made an offer of Pronger for the #2 overall. Vancouver made an offer of Ohlund for the #2 overall.

Pronger was also rumored to be going to Florida for a package of prospects and draft picks. Atlanta is also interested in Pronger. I think it's a safe bet that Pronger will be traded somewhere before the season starts.

Philadelphia supposedly didn't make a strong push to move up in the draft.

Tanguay AND Hejduk?

If that is true, Burke is insane for not taking it.

Fletch 07-31-2005 07:50 PM

PITT won...

if you get 2-3 NHLers in the draft you do really good. If you get one superstar in the draft, you do excellent. PITT, at this point, is the only team that obtained a consensus potential superstar in the draft. A pick or two may pan-out latter in the draft by luck, just like with others in the later rounds, but that #1 center was key.

RangerBlues 07-31-2005 07:58 PM

The Pens and the Caps have had the chance to draft awsome players, Rangers are nowhere near the level of raw talent. We will be looking up at them for many years to come.

Levitate 07-31-2005 08:02 PM

prospect wise yeah maybe, but realistically teams aren't built exclusively through the draft

you can make a cup caliber team by getting the top talent needed through free agency. if done smart, it works.

Radek27 07-31-2005 08:19 PM

The Avs made out real good. Statsny, Hensick along make it a good day.

Levitate 07-31-2005 08:34 PM

i don't know about statsny but i think hensik has his question marks. good pick where they got him i think but i dunno...i think he has to play a smarter game to make it to the NHL