HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Miscellaneous NHL Talk XII (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1566777)

4thline4life 12-23-2013 10:24 AM

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XII

Continue on here folks...28 teams in action tonight.

Old thread

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1541139

RJ8812* 12-23-2013 11:27 AM

was I the only one that found the first episode of 24/7 extremely boring?

JDinkalage Morgoone 12-23-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 76664199)

Nope. I'm always interested in seeing the inner workings of a team and how they go about their daily business, but neither team really has an exciting, standout personality. I would like to see a full hour following around Elisha Cuthbert.

LegionOfDoom91 12-23-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Not unless you like multiple rants about leadership & hard work by Babcock.

Hollywood Couturier 12-23-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

That's bad body language.

Appleyard 12-23-2013 11:47 AM

There should be more of a focus on the individual segments off ice (so players lives, cameraderie etc), lockeroom stuff and on ice audio...

Instead of closeup slowmos for 15minutes of the hour.

The off ice stuff in the Caps Pens was probably the best, the Flyers lockerroom stuff the best... and all on ice audio is awesome.

That being said it is still interesting.

I want a Kessel segment for like 10mins... would be so hilarious, cringey and awful.

Before the series there was so much hype about Datsyuk being such a funny, interesting guy... yet not much on him.

The Red Wings seem so boring it is untrue. There are more interesting characters on any Flyers line than their whole team I reckon.

4thline4life 12-23-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appleyard (Post 76664945)
There should be more of a focus on the individual segments off ice (so players lives, cameraderie etc), lockeroom stuff and on ice audio...

Instead of closeup slowmos for 15minutes of the hour.

The off ice stuff in the Caps Pens was probably the best, the Flyers lockerroom stuff the best... and all on ice audio is awesome.

That being said it is still interesting.

I want a Kessel segment for like 10mins... would be so hilarious, cringey and awful.

Before the series there was so much hype about Datsyuk being such a funny, interesting guy... yet not much on him.

The Red Wings seem so boring it is untrue. There are more interesting characters on any Flyers line than their whole team I reckon.

Seems like every red wings part is scripted, unless they actually are that boring.

JDinkalage Morgoone 12-23-2013 11:57 AM

I figured Todd Bertuzzi would be good for a few lines. Was he featured much? I don't remember.

LegionOfDoom91 12-23-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 76665431)
I figured Todd Bertuzzi would be good for a few lines. Was he featured much? I don't remember.

Nope, not outside of drinking a corona with lime.

I figured Lupul would potentially be a good one but it seems like he's more tame now that he's getting older.

JDinkalage Morgoone 12-23-2013 12:05 PM

I hope the Sharks can get one, even though it seems unlikely. I bet Joe Thornton would be a riot.

Appleyard 12-23-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 76665801)
I hope the Sharks can get one, even though it seems unlikely. I bet Joe Thornton would be a riot.

Him and Burns would steal the show I reckon.

Hollywood Couturier 12-23-2013 12:23 PM

Wasn't their mention that both the Leafs and Wings shut the doors to HBO's cameras and the NHL wasn't happy. They're not giving the access they've gotten in the past.

CanadianFlyer88 12-23-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 76666667)
Wasn't their mention that both the Leafs and Wings shut the doors to HBO's cameras and the NHL wasn't happy. They're not giving the access they've gotten in the past.

Episode 2 showed the Babcock kicking out the cameras during an intermission. The cameras were also not permitted in the Leafs' room for an intermission as well, but there was just a shot of the cameraman focusing on Kadri from outside the room.

LegionOfDoom91 12-23-2013 07:22 PM

Dallas Eakins called out an Oilers fan through the media who threw his jersey onto the ice at the conclusion of a blowout game against the Blues this past Saturday.

JDinkalage Morgoone 12-23-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 76684931)
Dallas Eakins called out an Oilers fan through the media who threw his jersey onto the ice at the conclusion of a blowout game against the Blues this past Saturday.

That will help things

Beef Invictus 12-23-2013 07:34 PM

When Eakins has a grease fire in his kitchen, does he dump flammable chemicals on it?

LegionOfDoom91 12-23-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 76685429)
That will help things

I honestly don't blame the fan that franchise has been a mess for almost a decade now & seems like nobody in management wants to do anything about it. It seems like it probably won't change until Kevin Lowe is out of there.

As for Eakins it pretty much sums up how your season is going when you find time out to criticize a fan publicly. This guy was hyped up as being some genius who's great with younger players but they look like the same **** they've been trotting out there all these years.

JDinkalage Morgoone 12-23-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 76686003)
I honestly don't blame the guy that franchise has been a mess for almost a decade now & seems like nobody in management wants to do anything about it. It seems like it probably won't change until Kevin Lowe is out of there.

As for Eakins it pretty much sums up how your season is going when you find time out to criticize a fan publicly. This guy was hyped up as being some genius who's great with younger players but they look like the same **** they've been trotting out there all these years.

Yeah I can't blame the fan either. Eakins should focus on trying to resemble a coach and getting his team to resemble a competent hockey club.

Garbage Goal 12-23-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

It amazes me anyone even goes to games for the Oilers let alone fill the place up regularly.

It's been a horrible team and franchise for a long time now with like many years of very high draft placement and lots of 1st round picks. It's also easily a bottom two team this season and has management that has already showed itself to be arrogant and pretty much seemingly doesn't care about anything other then money and filling seats.

I mean, the hardcore fans must know how bad they are and how bad management is so why go? If you're a casual fan shouldn't you at least still know that they're horrible? If you don't follow at all then why would you go in the first place?

I just don't get it.

JDinkalage Morgoone 12-23-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 76686761)
It amazes me anyone even goes to games for the Oilers let alone fill the place up regularly.

It's been a horrible team and franchise for a long time now with like many years of very high draft placement and lots of 1st round picks. It's also easily a bottom two team this season and has management that has already showed itself to be arrogant and pretty much seemingly doesn't care about anything other then money and filling seats.

I mean, the hardcore fans must know how bad they are and how bad management is so why go? If you're a casual fan shouldn't you at least still know that they're horrible? If you don't follow at all then why would you go in the first place?

I just don't get it.

Kevin Lowe knows a little something about winning. Don't question him.

Appleyard 12-23-2013 08:37 PM

Wow... Crosby and Dupuis out of game for Pens.

They are getting Flyeresque injury luck this year.

Just looked this up as well for Lindros with Flyers vs Crosby career.

Crosby missed 152/660 regular season games. 23% of games, so plays 63 every 82.

Lindros missed 140/626 regular season games. 22.4% of games, so plays 62 every 82.

Hope he does not end up the same way...

BernieParent 12-23-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Did it go past Dubnyk into the Oilers net?

orangecrush8 12-23-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 76697155)

Bryz ducked. Went over his head

LegionOfDoom91 12-23-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 76697155)

The guy was signed to a contract & given the C the next day, it was the most passion shown at Rexell in years.

BernieParent 12-23-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 76685857)
When Eakins has a grease fire in his kitchen, does he dump flammable chemicals on it?

When Eakins cuts himself shaving, he makes a deeper cut elsewhere on his body so he won't have as much blood coming out of his face.